Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
That low-budget RPG they're making might be. How wonderful it'll be if it goes from "What Shadowrun Returns should have been" to "Worse than Shadowrun Returns." Or maybe it'll pick up at the end and become 'Equal to Shadowrun Returns."

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Daedalic actually fits roguey's description of Euro developers as cargo cult development since they copied their gameplay straight from Lucas Arts. :M

Last edited:

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
But is Blackguards worth getting or not?

EDIT: Early access, game supposed to be finished in January. Short version: not yet.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wait, I will have alpha access?
:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Sven seemed a bit nervous in the last update video. No worries, Sven, we still love you. :bro:
And it's no big deal anyway, noone in their right mind would expect kickstarter games to meet their self-imposed deadlines. I for one don't give a rat's ass about deadlines, I want them to make the best game they can.
When I pledged I knew that this business model takes a lot of pressure from the developers (like the pressure to release unfinished games so the evil publisher can start to make moneyz).
That's the freaking point, that we want them to do the best they can with as little pressure as possible. Crowdfunding for games is built on the trust that these guys really love their work and really want to show what they can do and don't just burn your money on hookers and blow.
Can't wait to get my hands on this one (the game, not Sven). Must have been ages since the last RPG I truly enjoyed.
And even if it will be shit, they still have Kirill, so the soundtrack alone should be worth it. ^^

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
snort.gif

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
gragt is livin it large in meckiho IIRC

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Go bro, fight teh decline!
Can you tell Sven to expect me? I don't have a twatter account.
You have to sign via e-mail:

Swen said:
All right WOOSers and WOOSes, I have room for 6, this thursday @larianstudios from 10:30 am onwards. Mail kickstarter@larian.com to book
Done.

Edit:
Got confirmation.

This gunna be gud :smug:

Rip them a new one bro, in the good old Codex critique fashion. :obviously:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom