Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Codex should do its own long play video instead of the standard written preview, that would be fun to watch.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
How will the KS fundraiser done here at codex get their Alpha keys if they did not support the actual KS?

Zep--

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The animations and character models for the main characters tho, i hope they improve upon that, they look truly out of place in that good looking environment.

Arkeus

Arcane
The animations and character models for the main characters tho, i hope they improve upon that, they look truly out of place in that good looking environment.
I found the character models to be much better than what we saw previously.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Seems good, I don't know if I'll play the game though in the alpha version. I can do it with Blackguards because it's all combat, but I get the feeling this will be different, since there's a lot of options, and inevitably, a lot of ways for the script to screw up.

Also, I'm seeing a lot of skills listed, I hope they all feel rewarding enough to invest in. Divine Divinity had far too many skills which did almost nothing. If this is the case, at least we have two characters this time to diversify somewhat into useless, but fluffy interesting skills.

One issue that annoys me with RPGs, is where I get a skill increase from the environment, with a skill system with diminishing returns. It makes me want to game the system so that I increase my skills through the environment only after I have increased them to a sufficiently high enough level that the opportunity cost to increase them further is too high. I hope this doesn't happen in OS.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Damn this game is looking gorgeous. Actually this is one of those few games, where I can say that you can do as beautiful looking enviroments in 3D, than in prerendered 2D (IE style).

Also, I'm seeing a lot of skills listed, I hope they all feel rewarding enough to invest in. Divine Divinity had far too many skills which did almost nothing. If this is the case, at least we have two characters this time to diversify somewhat into useless, but fluffy interesting skills.

Swen mentions that the amount of skills will be reduced by the time the game ships, but they're just keeping them in for now. Probably until they figure out which ones are worthless or can be combined with another.

Visperas

Augur
Wow! I've just seen the latest video and this game looks awesome! In fact, it almost looks too sandboxy and playful to be a proper old-school rpg! It's great! I think that I'll spend way too much time fucking around town instead of questing or whatever. The only thing that worries me is that the game won't have enough reactivity to all the things you can do but we'll have to wait and see.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've only watched 12 minutes of Swen's LP so far, as I had to go to work, but I'm already impressed. I hope they keep all the skills in the editor, even if they make them inactive in the main campaign. Just imagine all the possibilities of various skill checks in user modules. The sky is the limit.

Moving and rotating objects seems to work great, just as elements affecting each other. Makes for a truly rich and interactive world.

Bartering system is in. :love:

Game system wise this should be the best of all the KS renaissance RPGs, hands down. I'm not so sure about the original campaign (although it must be better than NWN OC), but I will allow Larian to surprise me there.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
@13:42

I thought I heard you cannot rotate the camera and levels are built for the fiexd view direction. Is it added or something? ForkTong

ForkTong

Larian Studios
Developer
You can now rotate the camera a bit, but not in a 360 angle. The angle you can rotate is like 20 or 30 degrees or something. This was mainly put in to get a better overview of for instance combat. The camera angle sometimes didn't allow easy picking of a target or object, so a bit of camera movement allows easier selection.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom