Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Do people know the truth about Team Fortress?

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Come on you sad fucks, TF2 was good before they ruined it with class upgrades.

But anyway everybody knows the best MP shooter was BF1942:Desert Combat.

CanadianCorndog

Learned
QWTF - loved it, playing spy was like acting because you had to mimic the speed of whatever class you changed into using keypress timing
TFC - meh, it was ok
Q3F - great except for the bowling ball sized sniper bullet hitboxes. I never saw so many headshots, eventually killed the game thanks to easy headshot sniping
TF2 - lots of fun but less challenging than QWTF, great for turning off your brain and just spamming shots constantly
One thing I don't see often is mirror damage on friendlies. What that does is if you shoot your own team, then the damage you do reflects onto you. This makes it more challenging, less spam, and fewer snipers just shooting anything that moves.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Sounds like your group couldn't figure out the spray patterns .CSS did have a pretty big skill curb and that went down in CSGO and went away for CS2.
No, we didn't like it. It didn't have the same appeal that other games had. Taking out a solider or a demo guy as a pyro was significantly more satisfying than any experience I ever had trying Counter-Strike, and I could get that in nearly every single QWTF match. Tribes had some fun aspects to it, but then outdoor battles started to boil down to jump packing and disc launching where you expected the other guy to land. After a few dozen games of that, it got pretty stale because most battles were outdoors.

MasterofThunder

My biggest issue with TF2 is it's sound design. Everything from character audio, to the music, to some sound effects is very grating on the ears. If it ever gets an official Source 2 remaster, that's one area that must be improved.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
The grenades in the original were: Frag grenade, concussion, emp, hallucination, mirv which split into multiple big explosions, nail grenade like throwing a trap that spins and shoots out nails in all directions, napalm, caltrops, some kind of flashbang, demolition kit.

Maybe some others I forgot. And everyone got 2 frags and then 2 of the others based on class.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom