Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Dominions 4 announced

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
I meant to have a thread of its own for this game, in playground, where we can conduct our public diplomacy and post whatever anybody feels like, during and after the game.

In other news, I submitted a Kailasa pretender.

I don't mind, I fear that I would get lazy and stop taking notes, so an AAR would be less enjoyable than a simultaneous LP. On the other hand a thread where everyone can post stuff is a good idea, too. If I do a LP you guys would have to restrain yourself from clicking that thread :cool:

I'll start the game next Tuesday.

Mortmal

Arcane
Ok my friend filled last spot , dont be surprised if you saw her name .

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Okaay, I guess the game will be automatically started if spots are taken. Somehow I left standard thrones settings enabled: All of 6 level 1 Thrones are needed to win. So it wouldnt change much, since whoever controls all thrones is winning anyways. Maybe they will make the game more interesting. Let's have a good game then.

Edit:
On the other hand people who are near get a free magic site... If you guys don't like those settings pm me.

Last edited:

DakaSha

Arcane
People who are near have to fight a larger more powerful army to get the province at all. its fairly balanced (as far as balance goes in this game)

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I wouldnt call it balanced since nations that are more powerful at expanding early will become more powerful late due yo having conquered those very valuable provinces faster than anyone else.

DakaSha

Arcane
There is to much going on for that shit to matter at all. Its literally 100% unimportant. You can get a fucking earthquake in your main provinc eon turn one that wipes out half your population. A shitty magic site that often even has a bad effect isnt going to mean jack shit in a game where you can cast a spell like wish. Whoever fails to see this is doing dominions wrong. chances are at least one person will find some game changing site (that is much better than a throne) by site searching within the first 2 years

edit: also anybody in an advanatge tends to get gang raped anyways. this is the way balance in dom works

Last edited:

Johannes

Arcane
Thrones can occasionally be gamechanging, but not the ones that are in this game really. Level 2-3 thrones are mostly really good but there's only a few lvl1's that make much difference over your average site, and none of those are in this game iirc.

But of course every little thing matters for something in the end, it's better to have a small advantage you can see coming in on turn 1 than none at all.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Let's use this thread as a platform for diplo and stuff. Can be moved to Playground if need be.

Mortmal

Arcane
I am surprised the server does not wait a little more for people, so you started the game the 24 monday i thought it was tuesday , maybe its a different time zone then . I already missed turn one, i am pretty sure acording the list that i wont be the only one.

Johannes

Arcane
hum, yeah, there's 2 stales already on the first turn... people dont read their emails? well, this early restarting is still an option

Mortmal

Arcane
hum, yeah, there's 2 stales already on the first turn... people dont read their emails? well, this early restarting is still an option

The game was supposed to start today not yesterday , and i specified i wasnt on monday .Anyway if the server skip your turn after only one day of waiting, we will end up wih many stales.

It was supposed but once slots were filled up it started right away. I agree that server is a bit trigger happy. Can't you set it to process turn once all players are accounted for?
I vote restart, we are only 2 turns in, no need to handicap people. Oh yeah, leave thrones in (lvl 1 only though).

Johannes

Arcane
I suggest too we restart too, also, with a new thread with clear info on the OP, telling everyone who's playing and which nation, for starters, and also for better entertainment for the rest of Codexia. Can potentially also recruit another player in if nobody objects and somebody wants in.

On scheduling I'm indifferent, we could set it at say, 2 days timer as default (the admin can still add time to that when requested). Or just wait until everyone's turn is in, indefinitely, but that might not be a good idea if it leads to frequent huge pauses in the hosting waiting for someone even when there might not be a real need for the wait.

Can admin process turn manually? If so then it should be no brainer. People stalling for no good reason can be dealt with and it makes sure people don't miss their turns due to power outages or whatever.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Ok let's restart, this time properly.

PS: Thread is in playground.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
Thats for the best i prefer to have some days when we can enventually do a few turns and others when we may not play at all . I am sure youngsters in our group still go out the weekend sometimes, and my friend may have too many patients the wednesday.

Mortmal

Arcane
So -75% soon on christmas sale as it will probably sell poorly .

Monocause

Arcane
Why don't you guys use dropbox to exchange saves? It's great for PBEM.

Also: buying this.

Soon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom