Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Dominions 4 announced

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
turns out illwinter turned into RMS and now wage holy war on proper payment options by offering their game solely over communist software distribution platform desura and is therefore as available to the general public as bananas in cold war ukraine.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So can you play on a pirated copy? Because I always wanted to try this with real opponents but sure as fuck wont shell out 60$ just to check if I'll like it.

Mortmal

Arcane
So can you play on a pirated copy? Because I always wanted to try this with real opponents but sure as fuck wont shell out 60$ just to check if I'll like it.

I think you cannot, its not 60$ anymore it costed me 25 euros on desura.That sounds a reasonable amount .

Raapys

Arcane
Meh. I don't get what they've been wasting their time with. This long for a minor upgrade.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Ok I am going to host this thing. I'll pm my mail to all participants and await their pretender files. Map is Streamlands, except if there is a majority vote for something like Valanis. It is the Early Age. Yomi and Mictlan seem to be taken already.

PS: Chef_Hathaway confirmed as Conan. What is best in life?
Malakal semi-confirmed, as he was seen sailing dangerous waters. We'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Can you say what nations are already taken? I dont want to fish it out from this thread.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Johannes raised a point that the llamaserver might be available in a few days. That would make hosting way easier (server takes over processing and sending out mails). So should we wait, or trust in my abilities to process turns in timely fashion?

Johannes

Arcane
Yeah, Llamaserver speeds things up a bit when it will process automatically when all turn files are received, instead of needing the host to be on and do it. Another option would be to use direct connect, with me or someone keeping a host computer (near) constantly on, that would also process automatically once all turns are in, but then you lose on having the automatic turn archive that PBEM gives.
But since we won't be able to start on this instant anyway, yet, I think it'll pay off to wait for that to come online. Also there's a new patch coming very soon I think, that may change some things that affect the game start (like new pretender options, or the costs of old ones changing)
And I'll probably pick Kailasa.

Also codex review coming up soon

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So guys I cant decide between Amazon Queens (more like amazons and reptiles amirite) and giant nations (jewish giants and frost giants). Im equally shitty with both it seems.

Johannes

Arcane
Those are all top tier nations, what are you having trouble with exactly? Expansion (15-20 provs in an SP test by end of year 1 is a good goal, with some fort construction started) or forming sensible armies afterwards?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Those are all top tier nations, what are you having trouble with exactly? Expansion (15-20 provs in an SP test by end of year 1 is a good goal, with some fort construction started) or forming sensible armies afterwards?

Neutrals beat my armies. And since my version doesnt allow me to watch replays I dont really know what went badly. Also cant formulate a long term plan.

And all the pretender making guides I read seem to be out of date as point costs seem to have increased.

Johannes

Arcane
If you can't watch battles then a pretty big part of the game is all lost, and it's pretty hard to improve there without fixing that first.

But for expansion parties, Sauromatia can use squads of ~10 Oiorpatas for good effect, even without bless, you can churn these out about every other turn with neutral production give or take one scale. Hinnom can trash about any indie with Dawn Guards and/or chariots, you probably want prod 2-3 to churn them out at max speed. Niefelheim probably is most straightforward to expand with the sacred giants, 2-4 per squad depending on your bless and the province in question, though Hirdman/Skinshifter squads are likely more economical but need at least some modicum of scripting. Nief doesn't need prod so much, so sloth 2/3.

Pretender design is somewhat different, yes, but not everything is more expensive (though you no longer get points for non-neutral climate scales). The things to pick now are the Titan-sized guys or some immobiles, who both give you good basis to go for a bless or just magic diversity. Or a dragon, moloch, gorgon, etc, if you want an early expander.

But as long as you have the issue with not seeing fights (what kind of "version" do you have, how does that happen) everything else is pretty secondary :/

oscar

Arcane
There's not much point playing if you can't watch your battles.

Mortmal

Arcane
So guys I cant decide between Amazon Queens (more like amazons and reptiles amirite) and giant nations (jewish giants and frost giants). Im equally shitty with both it seems.

Sauromatia is an extremely powerful and versatile nation, you should read dom3 guide about it http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=38122 especialy this one : http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=39775 , although i am not so sure that gorgon SC is as viable as it was . Its not the most beginner friendly nation as you need to know what you want to do from the very start.The giants nations are more straightforward.

Johannes raised a point that the llamaserver might be available in a few days. That would make hosting way easier (server takes over processing and sending out mails). So should we wait, or trust in my abilities to process turns in timely fashion?

Might as well wait a few day if that makes it easier for you.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
There's not much point playing if you can't watch your battles.

I believe I have already stated that I have a pirated copy and wont be buying anything unless I like MP - in this game MP is the core of the game since playing SP makes no sense due to AI being retarded and not really playing with you. If I dont like it I wont be buying it its simple. Therefore I have to make do with what I have right now, and pirated version gets this red screen instead of battle replay. Probably some strange kind of copy protection.

Johannes

Arcane
Then you won't be joining the MP that's for sure, the copy protection is 99% sure to if not screw up the whole game but at least your nation.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Well then I am not buying blind. I'll live with that, very sceptical of pbem anyway.

Mortmal

Arcane
There's a demo ,user ratings are at 9.5/10 ,years of dedication and support from passionate people , you are not really taking much risk ...If money is a problem why dont you ask for the review copy.

Am I too late to join? I'd get Lanka or Atlantis.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom