Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 - Grim Antiquity

Mraston

Learned
That's about where i've got them.

Machaka is pushed up to the coast though and Berytos has gone up to the NE because of that.

Arcoscephale is in italy for placing reasons.

I'll sub in ulm and thero if required.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Mraston, I suggest you update the op-post with list of signed players, link to the map and (when you host it) link to the game on llama. For convinience.

Also, how do we assign nations? Dice throwing? Or whoever grabs first principle?

sqeecoo

Arcane
As I said, I'm in but let's not start incredibly quickly. Gotta practice a bit too once nations are assigned, I've never even touched any of these nations. Would be very interesting to have the new UW guys in.

Johannes

Arcane
if raw and Johannes confirm we are good to go.
Can you go through the exact rules - what magic sites, research pace, indy strength, and nations are in?

Though as Decline7 might start at the same time I'm not sure whether I'm in regardless of those, then again it might take another 2 months before that gets rolling

Mraston

Learned
Can you go through the exact rules - what magic sites, research pace, indy strength, and nations are in?

Though as Decline7 might start at the same time I'm not sure whether I'm in regardless of those, then again it might take another 2 months before that gets rolling

Very little magic sites, low research pace and high indy strength nations are:

Arcoscephale
Marverni
Sauromatia
Machaka
C’tis
Hinnom
Berytos

Mraston

Learned
Mraston, I suggest you update the op-post with list of signed players, link to the map and (when you host it) link to the game on llama. For convinience.

Also, how do we assign nations? Dice throwing? Or whoever grabs first principle?

Players: 6 of 7 spots filled:

Mraston
Grimwulf
Muty
Squeeco
Hoverdog
Raw

Nations assigned at random.

Mraston

Learned
You in Johannes ? We can get this bad boy started tonight!

Other wise we can leave at 6 players and 6 nations.

Mraston

Learned
I'll give him 6 hours from now to confirm!

Alternatively I can slide another nation in if you both want to play.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Guys, more work just keeps piling in for me, made worse by me finally discovering how good Battle Brothers is. Not to mention Decline3 is making my head explode. I may have to pull out of this one. Really want to participate, but I don't think I could do it with proper concentration, especially with an unfamiliar nation roster.
Unless the start gets delayed by like a week, then I may be up for it again. In the meantime, feel free to give away my spot. Sorry, and have fun!

Mraston

Learned
Guys, more work just keeps piling in for me, made worse by me finally discovering how good Battle Brothers is. Not to mention Decline3 is making my head explode. I may have to pull out of this one. Really want to participate, but I don't think I could do it with proper concentration, especially with an unfamiliar nation roster.
Unless the start gets delayed by like a week, then I may be up for it again. In the meantime, feel free to give away my spot. Sorry, and have fun!

Is all good, Johannes you want to take over Arcoscephale for Sqeecoo?

Johannes

Arcane
I suppose I can do that. But you still didn't give the exact settings the game's gonna have.

I see no point in high indy strength btw, it just hurts the nations who are already poor at expanding so much more. Whereas Hinnom doesn't really care, they'll roll over them anyway.

Edit: higher indies mean higher motivation to go for a high bless in order to expand. Which I figure, is kinda against the spirit of this game?

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Also should people Role Play their gods? Nation specific? Greeks have to pick a Titan? Or too restricting.....

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Marverni ≈ Celtic Gauls (General NW Barbarians) = raw

1378496870613.jpg

When are we starting?
Where's the link to the map?
Why aren't the game settings in the OP?
Who is responsible for this taking so long?

Last edited:

Johannes

Arcane
Also should people Role Play their gods? Nation specific? Greeks have to pick a Titan? Or too restricting.....
I don't see how Titans are necessarily any more iconically greek than many of the monsters. And a human pretender can be thought to be very thematic too in a low-magic game like this... Anything can be justified really, so I don't see the point of limiting people's options. Whether people keep larping or not doesn't really hinge on pretender choice.

And yeah I really need the exact game settings so I can properly think about what my plan is Mraston

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I would think a Titan god for the Greeks is quite obvious, because of you know.....the Titan gods that the Greeks worshiped. They didn't go around worshiping Medusa. That's what I was getting at.

But whatever, not a big deal what people pick.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I would think a Titan god for the Greeks is quite obvious, because of you know.....the Titan gods that the Greeks worshiped. They didn't go around worshiping Medusa. That's what I was getting at.

But whatever, not a big deal what people pick.

URHRhrhRHRKRkrkKRKRKRkkkkRKr

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanomachy

(sorreh)

But again, it's simply a case of Dominions playing loose with the rules. The Telkhines are rather "by the book" on mythology, the so called "Titans" chassis are not proper "Greek Titans".

As it seems that Decline2 got nuked, if you want to add Therodos I'm here ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom