Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 PBEM - Season 6 - Hooligan Onslaught - [ DRILLING IN ]

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, someone has to, and it should be someone who knows the game better ;)

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Yeah FINE. I will lead a team or whatever if it gets this game going. Do I get to pick Grimwulf first?

Dayyālu

Arcane
Yeah FINE. I will lead a team or whatever if it gets this game going. Do I get to pick Grimwulf first?

Nay. It's time for me to suck.

I'll take the lead instead if you are not willing.

But I require raw as a fellow captain. If we're going full derp, let's go full derp.

And of course, I hope this starts slowly. Between the zombie Decline 2, the Malakal match and this I am going near three games, and that's full Red Alert.

Last edited:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
LOL casuals, my max was 6 games at the same time, only yesterday dropped to 3 after winning one.

That having said experience translates into turns proceeding faster and faster.

Lizzurd

Cipher
That having said experience translates into turns proceeding faster and faster.
Actually, it translates into actuall winning, instead of simple participating.
I don't agree with you both. Even with experience you still have to follow many things, while with low skill you may just miss them. When i was starting to play dominions i had 8 pbems at one time, now i have more or less decent skill and participate only in 4. And experience isn't actually lead you to win, it's the difference between your skill and skill of your enemies.

Lizzurd

Cipher
it's the difference between your skill and skill of your enemies.
Meaning, more experienced one wins? Good thing you corrected me, Lizzurd. I was so wrong.
Hey, i can have raw skill but play with some retards who see this game for the first time and still win. Or i can have some great experience but lose to oldfags who still remember Dominions 2.
Experience doesn't matter, it matters with who you play.

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Hey, i can have raw skill but play with some retards

raw is a decent player, he just plays it in his own style.

Or i can have some great experience but lose to oldfags who still remember Dominions 2.

That still means that they are more experienced, therefore victorious.

You can sign up in shitton of pbems, and try to be a smart-ass, using some local tricks here and there. Sure, sooner or later you'll win some of the games you participate in. Hey, you can even become famous in the community, while at it. But the big deal here is if you play in many pbems, you don't give a shit about either of them. You lose the stategical picture, your grasp becomes soft and pussy-like, and (most importantly) you don't have the time for diplo. All is left afterwards is to brag about "but I could win you 1 on 1" or "at least I know some mechanics you don't know, faggit", "Bah, I have 223 other pbems that are more important" etc. In other words, find excuses for yourself. But truth is, either you keep your shit together and play to win; or you play for other reasons and don't brag about how casul is everybody around you.

There is nothing wrong in playing for fun. In fact, I like non-competetive and rp-centric games more than hardcore ones. They give you opportunity to relax and enjoy the game, do some experimental and crazy stuff you wouldn't usually use. I think most of the 'Dexers play for the pure fun of it, and notice how almost nobody here mocks each others skill. Unlike "good" old rus communities.

But if I sign up in something serious, I either focus on winning, or lose like a man. And if I lose, I don't look for excuses like "I got a worldwide-all-star-champion pbem ongoing atm, so I didn't give enough fucks for this one". I just admit that I've lost to a better, more experienced player. That's all.

Don't think I've given up on Decline 2, Dayyālu. You'll hafta work for your victory after we're done with other ones.

Edit: ofc, if you sub for a losing nation in late game, and expectedly lose in the end - it doesn't say anything about your skill. So don't take my rumbling personal.

Cromwell

Arcane
I have no idea how to play this game are you sure you want me to play and pick me in your team?

Cromwell

Arcane
Don't be such a beta! The key to success is to bluff how amazing you are and let luck do the rest, while you take the credit.

meh then I should at least put some time into it on the weekend to get at least an Idea of whats going on

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I present to you: The teams!

Team Hooligan Assault: << This is Team 1
Dayyālu
Grimwulf
Anhur
thesheeep
hoverdog

Team Police Violence: << This is Team 2
raw
Cromwell
Dreaad
Muty
KoolNoodles

ld2PhKO.png

edit: Added Quest Compass for Dayyālu

Last edited:

Zibniyat

Arcane
I have not seen any mods listed as requirements. Will we use mods and if so which ones?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom