Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 - Pink Natajara

Which era do you prefer?

• EA

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • MA

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • LA

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Voting is for democrats!

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Aren't you that guy from the First Law Trilogy?

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

Mraston

Learned
Coincidence?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I didnt have any issues with turn hosting in my games despite that message. Needs more testing.

Caul Shivers

Scholar
Just got word from Llama,
It seems the Llamaserver somehow lost it's copy of the nationgen we're using so that might be why the turns are empty.
The game will start once he fixes it, cause Llama is an awesome guy. +M

Caul Shivers

Scholar
Just heard back from Llama and I'm afraid I've bad news people.

Hi,

Sorry for being slow to get back to you. I'm on holiday in Cornwall now, which is a bit unfortunate as I have virtually no internet access.

Before I left, I fixed the mod. I then quickly tried starting your game, but it didn't work as it said "map not found", which was a mystery as the map file was right where it should be. Then since everyone was waiting for me I had to rush off and didn't even get a chance to email you.

So if you want to fix it from your end, you could possibly try a different map? Don't upload a new map - unfortunately there's an ongoing bug where newly uploaded maps get corrupted, which is very frustrating as I've not been able to track down the problem.

I hope you're able to get it sorted, sorry I can't help more!

llama

I think this pretty much means we won't be able to use a low population map, unless there's something else similar to this on the server. That being said I'm open to suggestion. We can try some other map available on Llamaserver or we could drop the game.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I think this pretty much means we won't be able to use a low population map, unless there's something else similar to this on the server.

Actually, I'm pretty sure you got him wrong. By saying "newly uploaded maps get corrupted" he meant .tga files, not .map files. All we have to do is to choose any of the currently existing map, make some changes into the script (apply wasteland + small size to all provinces), and upload the script (not the map) to server. The image might be a bit immersun-breaking (most of the map have hand-drawn forests, lakes and other stuff), but in the end - who cares?

I sugges Merrowmoor. It looks almost like a desert, and only requires some minor fixing (mind the borders, though - we don't need no river crossings and stuff like that).

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Yeah let's do that.

Or we pick any old map, bump indies to max, Lvl 2-3 thrones, money/resource/supply multiple at 50% or lower, let the crying commence. Whatever works to make it a hell scape right?

I do like the idea of a wasteland type map though. I need my immersion. Merrowmoor looks shitty enough.

Caul Shivers

Scholar
Actually, I'm pretty sure you got him wrong. By saying "newly uploaded maps get corrupted" he meant .tga files, not .map files. All we have to do is to choose any of the currently existing map, make some changes into the script (apply wasteland + small size to all provinces), and upload the script (not the map) to server. The image might be a bit immersun-breaking (most of the map have hand-drawn forests, lakes and other stuff), but in the end - who cares?

I sugges Merrowmoor. It looks almost like a desert, and only requires some minor fixing (mind the borders, though - we don't need no river crossings and stuff like that).

I do hope you're right, cause it seems that last server hiccup might have been caused by me starting this game and if that happens again, well, Llama's on vacation.
I'm going to try to start the game again in a little bit.

Mraston

Learned
Hrmm, I appear to have a problem. No nations appear to select when I go to play the game. What have I dont wrong here?

Dayyālu

Arcane
Dayyālu, I'm going to fucking murder you. You could have said this before instead of letting me and Llama puzzle over this.
I'll restart the game once more with the Steppe map which works after all.

?

We solved it in NationGen with the good old method of trying stuff randomly till it worked. I think KoolNoodles was the first to do it right.

Can you post the correct map? I still don't have the thing in my HD, and other games are damaging my brain too much for complex things.

Caul Shivers

Scholar
Jesus Christ. I'm going to murder your fat little hoburgs.

Here's the map we're using.

If you have no nation to select just start a new game with the lagoon mode or load some other SP game with the mod first then you'll be able to play the turn. Thank you sharing this in such a timely manner. Yes, I'm being sarcastic.

EDIT: Also, I hope there's no need to emphasize this but make sure you're using the turn from the latest restart since I restarted the game 3 times in about half an hour, otherwise the game will crash.

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
TIME TO PWN DAT DESURT

qxuUKXE.jpg

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Still not working for me, tried the starting SP trick.

Didn't work for me either at first. Try this:

1. Turn natgen mod on. All other mods off.
2. Start a differnt game in sp, random map. Choose your nation.
3. After everything is generated and the game is started, save and quit to main menu.
4. Now load the pbem.

Should work this way. Don't ask why.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Didn't work for me either at first. Try this:

1. Turn natgen mod on. All other mods off.
2. Start a differnt game in sp, random map. Choose your nation.
3. After everything is generated and the game is started, save and quit to main menu.
4. Now load the pbem.

Should work this way. Don't ask why.

Did that, still the game doesnt show at all.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
You don't have to actually load up a game all the way for the mod to load, just click "create game" and then back out. The slight pause is enough to tell that the mod is loaded. Why it doesn't do this automatically I don't know, as it's a little annoying. As for the other issues, trial and error I guess. That's how I started the other natgen game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom