Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Dominions 6: ProfessionalThroneSitters II, MA Edition

Standard Game or Disciple Game

• I want a standard game, let's not interact with the lepers

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Disciple game, hit me with those Disease checks

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Astral Geyser

I didn't expect it to be good just from reading. Seems the damage is rather low? I guess it is AN. That being said Ys has certain trick that makes depending on the Mages to get off teh cast realiably to probably not work, but maybe I can do sometesting with this later to see if Astral Geyser works in absence of Falling Fire
I have like, 170 RP in capital

Trash Player

Augur
This game is particularly rabid, even by Codex's standard. That said, is Sceleria somehow spared from this scrum? Aren't they supposed to be the usual rush target?

Dayyālu

Arcane
Vanheim's behavior kinda makes sense, he's using minimal forces to raid provinces to keep losses acceptable, while the other two are sending everything they have at me, Caelum sending countless gems to just kill my population with event spells and 4x+ seeking arrow spam to kill lone 30hp sitesearchers - behavior that doesn't benefit them, only hurts me, very spiteful (jewy?) behavior.

That 515 G cap-only Colossi Queen was indeed a disposable sitesearcher. Not worthy spending any resources at all to kill off, I agree. I overspent? Maybe. But anything that hurts your machine is worth trying, and a Colossi Queen is a good target.

It's kinda inspiring to see the same guys swear how untrustworthy Malakal is, yet then fall into screw their own game to benefit him time and again.

Malakal is completely untrustworthy and he's probably selling you stuff. It's a given, it's how the Pole works. But if I fight a war I fight with everything I can, no half-assed measures.

Johannes

Arcane
Vanheim's behavior kinda makes sense, he's using minimal forces to raid provinces to keep losses acceptable, while the other two are sending everything they have at me, Caelum sending countless gems to just kill my population with event spells and 4x+ seeking arrow spam to kill lone 30hp sitesearchers - behavior that doesn't benefit them, only hurts me, very spiteful (jewy?) behavior.

That 515 G cap-only Colossi Queen was indeed a disposable sitesearcher. Not worthy spending any resources at all to kill off, I agree. I overspent? Maybe. But anything that hurts your machine is worth trying, and a Colossi Queen is a good target.

It's kinda inspiring to see the same guys swear how untrustworthy Malakal is, yet then fall into screw their own game to benefit him time and again.

Malakal is completely untrustworthy and he's probably selling you stuff. It's a given, it's how the Pole works. But if I fight a war I fight with everything I can, no half-assed measures.
You will never win a game with that attitude

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I proclaim my innocence in all matters. Sure, I joined on Jotun but he was doomed anyway and I just moved the border from my capital.

As for Phaecia it came out naturally as many people realized his evil expansionist ways of bullying small nations. Noble elves had to act!!!

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
tl;dr: Everyone is being their best elves.
Fixed

For whatever it's worth I honestly believed that I'll be back home for Christmas from my scuffle with Phaenicia, but seeing how Johannes easily fended of two fairly competent neighbours + me (I believed in my 10000 hrs in SP) if the accidental alliance didn't happen we'd all be paying for Phaenician jeans with Phaenician coinage and listening to Phaenician rock music by now.

Also, being diplomanc'd by Malakal is part of the experience, my heart races whenever he slides into my DMs with smooth words and heartwarming assurances. Meanwhile, Johannes style of diplomacy consists mainly of "fuck off or I fuck you up" which I can respect, but do not enjoy.

Andnjord

Arcane
THE WORLD IS DESCENDING INTO MADNESS AND GENOCIDAL RELIGIOUS WARFARE, AND WHY THAT'S A GOOD THING.
An overview of the nations of fair Codexia brought to you by YSian News.

As the world enters its third year since the departure of our mourned Pantakrator, YSian news has been allowed by the YSian Diplomatic Corps to shed some light upon the current fate of the brave nations of fair Codexia.

Asphodel:
The undead hippies, the unliving tree-huggers. Tried a little too hard to wrap their vines around Na'batean fire shields and paid a heavy price for it. Might have survived if it hadn't been for Phaecia taking over some of their northern territories and if the anti-Na'Ba coalition hadn't fallen apart. Currently abbandoned by their god but some foolish followers still proclaim their faith to him.

Scelaria:
The other undead worshippers, threw their lot with Asphodel early against Na'Ba but had struggled with early expansion leaving them unable to conjure up the hordes of skelletons they are famous for. Currently in a desperate struggle against Na'ba and Nidavangr, YSian bookmakers aren't too sanguine about their prospects of surviving the coming year.

Agartha:
Your favourite cute neighbourly slugs and myopic humans, took their pound of flesh from Jotunheim before declaring war against the Elves of Vanheim; when asked why they answered "if you can't see a human from closer than three feet it doesn't matter that you can't see an elf, you're already used to fighting blind". That war has been see-sawing for about 8-9 moons now with no clear advantage, but the Earth has brought forth its blessings to them giving them renewed hope.

Marignon:
Everyone's favourite witch-burners, they had a difficult early expansion and decided to join the anti-Na'ba coalition thinking it would give them easy land in a simple 4vs1, only to be jumped by their two free neighbours of Ind and YS. Blundgeoned by St Theresa and traumatised by omnipresent YSian Yellow Helmets, after a valiant fight their god has given up hope and has locked himself in his palace awaiting his fate.

Na'Ba:
The sages of the desert hoped for a simple and honorable one vs one fight against Asphodel, they instead found themselves at the center of an ever-expanding conflict from which they are emerging bruised, battered and scarred but victorious thanks to their stalwart allies.

Uruk:
Little is known of the gentle city builders of Uruk except that they refused to import Phaecian jeans and paid the price for it. Fought a valiant struggle in defence but it was all for naught.

Ind:
Resplendent beyond compare, the magnificent kingdom of Ind will soon bring forth enlightenment to the masses of Codexia once St Theresa (Praise be Her Name) is done chopping Knights of the Chalice to pieces.

Caelum:
The pigeon-whisperers of the mountains, they took their own pound of flesh from Jotunheim before turning their gaze towards Phaecia, thinking them weak and vulnerable a year ago. They miscalculated and instead are locked in a vicious conflict that shows no sign of abating.

C'tis:
The mysterious lizards of C'tis are little known to the journalists of YS, save for the fact that a simple trade dispute over Phaecian rock'n roll degenerated into an all out war that shows no sign of ending either.

Phaecia:
The great Shaitan of the West, the warmongers of the world or the great defenders of Liberty, Democracy and Rock'n Roll depending on who you ask, Phaecian soldiers have been engaged in never ending "forever wars" since they first clashed against Uruk. Both on the brink of total defeat or on the verge of world domination depending on who you ask, Phaecia is nevertheless surviving against the all out attacks of Caelum and C'tis and the border war, "frozen conflict" against Vanheim.

Vanheim:
The mysterious sneaky elves of Vanheim successully elfed Jotunheim, tried and failed to elf Phaecia and are now engaged in a desperate struggle against Agartha against which it is said they are throwing everything and the kitchen sink to elf them. YSian experts are skeptical of this assessement but insufficient evidence is available to determine the validity of the claims.

Jotunheim:
The peaceful, gentle giants of Jotun never had a chance. Set upon by all their neighbours at the start of year 2 of the Pantakratorbowl, they had no choice but to peacefully surrender their arms to the YSian Yellow Helmets sent to protect their people from escalating ethnic tension with the people of Nidavangr. In total, they were attacked by Caelum, YS, Nidavangr, Agartha and Vanheim and Ind also gently asked for their own pound of flesh (but were too late).

Nidavangr:
After securing their own pound of flesh from Jotunheim, the great and honorable Men amongst men of Nidavangr joined the holy crusade against Scelaria after securing a voluntary and freely given gift from Na'ba and have been seen by the intrepid YSian reporter to perform exceedingly well against the not so numerous undead hordes.

YS:
[Redacted]

Last edited:

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Welcome to London, bitch.

zu3z50.png

8ocrzl.png

gdxgx2.png

Dayyālu

Arcane
People told me the Arabian nations were hell to fight.

They aren't lying, apparently. What the fucking fuck is even going on, skellitons are free kills but that's brutal

Johannes

Arcane
How would you expect a skelly army without mage support to ever work vs a stack of that size? Giant elites in 1:3 ratio and fireshield bless should already beat skeletons, but then there's over a dozen mages/thugs too

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Dominions MP really is enthralling. I was busy demolishing floorboards in the first floor of the house when I rushed to the computer because I realized I set up the wrong research priorities for the current turn ending in one hour.

Trash Player

Augur
Not fielding any real magic with a big stack is criminal at this point. Tbf, Sceleria use a lot of recruitment for reanimation, especially now forts come online slower than before. Another handful turns of research would turn things, imo. Where are the mundane troops though?

Sinilevä

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
People told me the Arabian nations were hell to fight.

They aren't lying, apparently. What the fucking fuck is even going on, skellitons are free kills but that's brutal
Like some already mentioned above no magic support for the skellies is the main issue. Casting Rigor Mortis or something like that and they would be able to do some damage.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Popot , In all His Glory, has chosen to be the new sub for Feacia. May his diplo be fruitful, his gemsearch great and his armies victorious.

Wait I'm fighting against him

Last edited:

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I really like when commoners are so tired of blood hunters they corner one in the tavern to lynch her, but she destroys them effortlessly and afterward order is back in the province.

Screenshot 2024-08-11 235813.png

Nice hats though.

Johannes

Arcane
Popot , In all His Glory, has chosen to be the new sub for Feacia. May his diplo be fruitful, his gemsearch great and his armies victorious.

Wait I'm fighting against him
With the Phaeacia's Titan God temporarily sleeping, the Council of The Elders of Uruk took charge of the nation's war machine.

Andnjord

Arcane
Syncretism in Phaecia, or how the Colossii learned to love to Uruk.

YSian News readers will be familiar with the Phaecia vs Uruk war, how a simple dispute over the price of jeans escalated into a full war, of the first valiant defence of the Uruk and its subsequent fall. The war had been quick and little bad blood stayed between their people once the dust had settled and the old elites of Uruk were integrated into the Phaecian government apparatus in short order.

But our reader might be unfamiliar with what transpired next. As the people of both nations intermingled, the colossii of Phaecia discovered that Uruk’s culture was a millenarian one, its language refined, its culinary art delightful, its music and arts superior to their own energetic but comparatively primitive one. Young scions of the Phaecian patrician families were sent to Uruk for their education and mastery of the Uruk language was seen as a marker of culture and refinement. Little by little, Phaecian culture came to be seen as passé, old-fashioned and slightly quaint in high circles.

The priests of Johannes, to accelerate the acceptance of His cult among the peasant masses also took a few shortcuts. Religious celebrations to Popot the departed were kept with minor adjustments, folk tales were rewritten lightly to make them fit into the Phaecian mythos. And once those same peasants travelled back to Phaecia they brought their traditions with them, traditions that were enthusiastically taken in by the Phaecian lower classes, further drawing the two cultures closer together.

This the Phaecian elite had predicted and wished for, but something else happened. Slowly, little by little, the divine figures of Popot and Johannes came to be seen as two sides of the same coin, the duality of a single divinity that had once been fractured by the previous, vengeful Pantakrator, Malakal of Ulm. And unbeknownst to the Phaecian priests, as the modified rituals of Uruk kept on being sung by their people, a faint light in the cosmic darkness was rekindled, weak and fragile at first but ever growing in size and power as the Phaecian people adopted more and more of the Uruk customs and rituals.

And then, two moons ago during the night, as a great storm was sweeping the land, a cataclysmic lightning that started no fires was seen striking the high temple of Phaecia. Woken up by the thunderous noise, in the dim light of his candle, your YSian reporter noticed something utterly shocking that somehow no local took notice of. The small effigy of Johannes that decorated his hotel room, like all rooms of the Phaecian thalassocracy, had changed. Gone was the grinning, hooded figure of Johannes. It had been replaced by the stern and handsome face of Popot, the no longer departed god of Uruk.

Phaecia was under new management.

Last edited:

Andnjord

Arcane
BREAKING NEWS

ffEYD6f.png

YSian news has been allowed to reveal that Espanola Gigas, the Statue of the Underworld worshipped as a divinity by the people of Marignon has been destroyed, shattered to pieces by the brave Yellow Helmets and the Kernou druids several moons ago. The people of Marignon have been gracefully allowed to worship Hypatia, the One True Sponsor of YSian Holy Water in exchange for their peaceful submission.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Some dramatic footage of the courageous attack on Greendale fortress, last of Marignon strongholds, by the tired Ind army :

i-m-01.jpg

One one side, the arm of Love and Truth.

i-m-02.jpg

Against the evil troops of errr... paella ?

i-m-03.jpg

Barbarians show the greatest spirit by running head first into danger.

i-m-05.jpg

And after an excruciating fight our exhausted force claims the last ground of the former Marignon Empire, ending its glorious reign and marking my first ever victorious war in MP.

Bonus : some birds chilling around :

i-m-04.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom