Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Dominions 6: ProfessionalThroneSitters III: Late Age Edition

Dayyālu

Arcane
IJ3pkIg.jpeg

Welcome to the Late Age. The game is always the same: many Pretenders enter, only one Pankoman Pantokrator wins. Now the age is late, and many nations have fallen under the shadows of Death, Blood and assorted horrors beyond the Void....

For the Late Age game I have several questions for the would-be Gods, so feel free to take your spot but also give me your opinion on the options:

1) Binding Diplomacy Y/N (honestly, it didn't make the game that much worse, I expected far worse consequences)

2) Cataclysm Y/N

3) For map generation, if you prefer Inbuilt Generator, MapNuke or Custom Map (we'll need to find one and you're free to propose some, if they exist)

4) Are we going to host on the Standard Lobby or on Blitzserver (https://beta.blitzserver.net/games). For those that don't know, Blitzserver is a fanmade hosting server that has several Quality of Life improvements on the standard hosting, but it's also fanmade and so maybe we'll get bugs. Or something.

As for me, I'd like to join but I'll need to be sore the EA game ends and that I don't burnout. Tentatively claiming Andramania, Dog Republic, because their lore is incredibly amusing and they're champion of virtue in a era of utter moral degeneracy.

Dayyalu: Andramania, Doge Republic
Optimist : Piconye, Legacy of the Prester King
Baron Tahn : Agartha, Ktonian Dead
Sinilevä Erytheia, Kingdom of the Two Worlds
Popot,Phlegra, Sleeping Giants
Hag Ulm, Black Forest
coldcrow Pyrene, Cambion Kings
Tanaka Ctis, Desert Tomb Wyrms Spam
TheDarkUrge Abysia, Blood of the Humans
Trash Player , Feminie, Sage-Queens
BING XI LAO , Utgard, Well of Urd
Malakal, Gath, Last of the Giants
EnragedEggplant, Patala Serpent Whatevers

Last edited:

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
No binding diplo, please

Cataclysm OK

I'd prefer a nice-looking custom map

Happy to give blitz a try

I'd like to tentatively book Piconhe, unless someone really wants to play them - in which case I'd take R'lyeh.

Popot

Augur
I'm in for more failure. I'll pick a nation later.

1) Yes but I would go for NAP-2 (no problem with non binding diplo anyway)
2) Y
3) It doesn't matter to me
4) Standard lobby, I don't want to look at weird lizardman art

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I'm in, still not sure on which nation to play.

I'm ok with non-binding for a change, cataclysm on because I love mayhem, a custom map would be nice but I don't know where to find them apart from Steam and as for the lobby whatever pleases our courageous and patient organizer.

Sinilevä

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I'm in too. Hard to choose a nation, but most likely Erytheia...or maybe Pyrene as a second choice.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Inbuilt generator or some nice looking custom map. Personally don't like mapnuke maps. Also is North/South wraparound a normal thing in MP games?
4. Whatever makes organizers life easier.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
So Im looking for a nation to turn into smith/alchemists for hire, cos I like the sound of that. So far Im looking to reserve LA Agartha, but if anyone knows a better option Ill look at it.

As far as all the options, Im happy with whatever turns out, although as Im looking into Agartha Id like caves. Fkn hard enough to set up a game as it is so I dont mind map type or whatever. Appreciate you putting it together again Dayyalu.

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I am damned tempted to join, will think on it

Since release I've clocked 250 fucking hours in this game its actually scary

Andnjord

Arcane
I don’t think I’ll be able to commit to a second game, so to my great sorrow I’ll sit this one out. But I’ll be watching, yes, always watching…

Also I vote for the mods you suggested, yes even if I’m not taking part, I want to see battle reports with mages incinerating lots of stuff. :M

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Ok, sign me up for Xibalba. I realize I have very limited experience of LA so this is going to be interesting.

Andnjord

Arcane
Ok, sign me up for Xibalba. I realize I have very limited experience of LA so this is going to be interesting.
It is scandalous that Piconye and Andromania are already reserved, stopping you, glorious Rex et Sacerdos of Ind from picking them, St Theresa will be out of her job!

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Be aware that bats are often first on the chopping block.
Shit. I'm definitely not taking them then. Thanks for the head up.
Good pick for newer players is Ragha. Ragha is not on the chopping block its the one that chops. Also great nation overall.

Andnjord

Arcane
How about Ulm then ?
Will make you learn how to do blood magic as their late game is dependent on it. Does suffer from the stigma of being a blood nation in that by mid game people tend to look at them as priority to kill due to the enormous late game potential of blood nations. Or at least that’s how it used to be.

Trash Player

Augur
Be aware that bats are often first on the chopping block.
Shit. I'm definitely not taking them then. Thanks for the head up.
A more mechanical note is that LA Xibalba can't summon Ozelotl with their recruitables bar a 10% random. Worthy Heroes give them some heroes that can though.

Andnjord

Arcane
Ah screw it, I’m throwing my hat in the ring. Tentatively picking Gath for now. Voting for Improved Spellcasting and Worthy Heroes, custom map and sure, we can try your Blitz malware shenanigans.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom