Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Dominions 6 - Rise of the Pantokrator: The New Decline a.k.a ProfessionalThroneSitters MP Match (Ongoing!)

In what age should we play?

• Early Age

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Late Age

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I assume the Pretender is using Evo 6 spells just to nuke all of them?

But bloody hell

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I assume the Pretender is using Evo 6 spells just to nuke all of them?

But bloody hell
No, no... he had a stone bird. That was pretty much it. My mages just refused to cast spells on him for some reason and eventually routed themselves by standing around in their own chill auras while birds whacked lobo guards that couldn't get through his defenses.

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I've heard someone complain about the AI not casting spells like Breath of Winter that will put your own units to sleep. Good news! Not only will mages cast this, they'll do it off script, for no reason other than to sabotage your own army.

nq1qZoj.png

Not depicted: The dozen mindblasters that walked in afterwards, but after paralyzing him, decided to run up and melee him for no apparent reason. Bravo.

In other news, I give up. TC can have all the land. You're all fucked and there's nothing we can do. Ho-Mo is the chosen one, seeing through the matrix and cannot be harmed by us mere pawns of fate. I await the day he teleports onto my capital with an amulet of water breathing to finish me off.
I believed in you

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
No, no... he had a stone bird. That was pretty much it. My mages just refused to cast spells on him for some reason and eventually routed themselves by standing around in their own chill auras while birds whacked lobo guards that couldn't get through his defenses.
Were the mages in range ?
I had a brief bout with the pretender when he encountered a small group of jinns left behind and after a couple of turns they couldn't harm him anymore. Very annoying.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I've heard someone complain about the AI not casting spells like Breath of Winter that will put your own units to sleep. Good news! Not only will mages cast this, they'll do it off script, for no reason other than to sabotage your own army.

nq1qZoj.png

Not depicted: The dozen mindblasters that walked in afterwards, but after paralyzing him, decided to run up and melee him for no apparent reason. Bravo.

In other news, I give up. TC can have all the land. You're all fucked and there's nothing we can do. Ho-Mo is the chosen one, seeing through the matrix and cannot be harmed by us mere pawns of fate. I await the day he teleports onto my capital with an amulet of water breathing to finish me off.
I believed in you
I'm sure hes just making jokes since he could just mage duel the Jade Emperor easily right? I mean how much S does it have? Enough to reliably beat S4?

Dayyālu

Arcane

Mindblasters work on weirdo ranged unit rules. Meaning when they reach 50 fatigue they stop firing and engage in melee. I worked a lot to ensure my Olms would not fall into that little problem that can cause utter devastation.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I'm sure hes just making jokes since he could just mage duel the Jade Emperor easily right? I mean how much S does it have? Enough to reliably beat S4?

You can mage duel if you expect it. If he teledropped on an army before the S mages moved in and the mages weren't scripted, difficult to kill a SC god. I mean, it's the point of cloud trapezing/teledropping.

A S mage Pretender is a walking liability but you gotta get the drop on him.

Andnjord

Arcane

You can mage duel if you expect it. If he teledropped on an army before the S mages moved in and the mages weren't scripted, difficult to kill a SC god. I mean, it's the point of cloud trapezing/teledropping.

A S mage Pretender is a walking liability but you gotta get the drop on him.
Wouldn’t Ryleh be a pretty good nation to teledrop a bunch of Astral 3 mages and Magic Duel it to death?

mondblut

Arcane

They're slave mages, remember? They prolly went down with a real big smile on their lips, whispering, "gotcha, squid cunts. eat shit and die".

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
This is my first serious game with a blood nation. I have to un-clusterfuck my economy, as it is veritable hell in Abysia at the moment.

Dayyālu

Arcane
This is my first serious game with a blood nation. I have to un-clusterfuck my economy, as it is veritable hell in Abysia at the moment.

Can you even fix the economy of a Heat 5 blood nation? You're essentially running a minor version of a popkill nation, burning brightly until everything is cinders (or someone snuffs you out).

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In

nq1qZoj.png

What spells should they have cast? Did you have Frozen Heart?

In regards to other posts, Mind Duel seems to have become unreliable in dom6. I have had mages decide not to cast it, like the game shows them about to with the words appearing, but then they cast something else.

Andnjord

Arcane

nq1qZoj.png

What spells should they have cast? Did you have Frozen Heart?
The question is, were they on Advance and Cast?

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
The real loser in the war between T'ien Chi and Ubar is the cartographer guild's intern that has to update the frontier on the maps all the time :

poor guys.jpg

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Mekone's bless is really cool - Regen+Fear. I think that must've been taken imprisoned, since the nation has thugs, not sacred troops. If it's non-optimal that makes it cooler, but the new scale limits (+2 not +3) of dom6 do make such builds tempting. Since you cannot scrap the imprisoned bless completely for +3/3/3/3/3 fullscales.

Anyway, Mekone lost two thugs separately attacking into an army and some d3/d4 mages of mine. A third retreated. Life Drain is a good spell. But I can't be smug because he took four-ish provs from me before i started to react .... game on, Squeeco!
(Mekone is squeeco right?)

Last edited:

sqeecoo

Arcane
Mekone's bless is really cool - Regen+Fear. I think that must've been taken imprisoned, since the nation has thugs, not sacred troops. If it's non-optimal that makes it cooler, but the new scale limits (+2 not +3) of dom6 do make such builds tempting. Since you cannot scrap the imprisoned bless completely for +3/3/3/3/3 fullscales.

Anyway, Mekone lost two thugs separately attacking into an army and some d3/d4 mages of mine. A third retreated. Life Drain is a good spell. But I can't be smug because he took four-ish provs from me before i started to react .... game on, Squeeco!
(Mekone is squeeco right?)

It was imprisoned, yeah! The idea was that I can take it with good scales considering the new limits (ok, I took misfortune and less magic and growth, but max eco otherwise), and Mekone giants are very strong early, so my earlygame didn't need much help. And lategame when the bless comes online I then have regen thugs with fear to add into armies, hopefully buffing the bland Mekone lategame.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom