Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Dominions 6 - Rise of the Pantokrator: The New Decline a.k.a ProfessionalThroneSitters MP Match (Ongoing!)

In what age should we play?

• Early Age

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Late Age

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Come on guys, why I gotta do the updates for this thread? I got a whole other LP to run!

I don't even have a guy in this arena battle! Stupid giants. Stupid lame water commanders... I should totally have some sort of cool octopus commander :mhd:
WlrmiGS.png

Well, this might be a short match...
yLBV1oO.png

Ah, that makes more sense.
68uhNV7.png

The returning champion, Leon! He looks pretty fucked, that flying charge must have hit quite hard. (Edit: After checking, he actually only has 35 max hp, seems low for a giant. Also, not the champion, or he'd have an arena item.) He's also stunned, hence the 3 defence skill. Also, Dominions ate my fucking screenshot of the devil so now I have to open the game back up to take it again. Fucking hell!
OGACYUp.png

In the 'probably going to win this' corner, we've got a fucking Arch Devil wearing a copper plate. I was wondering how the Polemarch got stunned since the tail shouldn't do it, and I think the tail got repelled, letting the Polemarch stab the devil, triggering the zappy armour and stunning him.
UHeH2Ub.png

Shots of their respective weapons. I tried to get the barbed tail too (it deals paralysis poison that causes fatigue damage) but that also got eaten and I can't be arsed to take another one.
9FkGdfJ.png

Note the effect of the spear triggers every swing, you don't need to actually land the hit. Would have worked nicely vs something like TC's defense bless. This devil isn't even sacred though.
KNZ3F8J.png

Ouch, down to 1 hp. I took some shots of the dice rolls as well, also eaten. Epic comeback time? He does have regen...
0LKilTr.png

LOL nope he's routing because he's at 1 hp. I suppose that's fair.
kBfMOuu.png

Ulm was the only other entrant. Spectral mage seems like a bad choice; anybody in the arena is going to have magic attacks anyways. He does have his own zappy chest though, and has some nice defence with that shield. Coral blades add 8 hp, and armour adds some now too, so he's actually got mor hp than the Polemarch did.
WzH2pym.png

Unfortunately, he doesn't have any shock resistance. I think copper plates add some but the shield removes some? Regardless, getting stunned and then hit with a 38 damage scythe is a quick trip to NJ.
wlEYQi6.png

No idea what the champion's headband does, but it's probably pretty good, most arena items are. Congrats to Abyssia! Good luck with the inevitable demon slaying weapons in the next arena, assuming we get one. Arena matches should be way more common imo...
raDoEUE.png

Andnjord

Arcane
How fare ye pretender gods? What glorious feats, what dastardly deeds have been accomplished? Has Ho Mo returned to terrorise the land? Have the mindless slugs fully emerged from the caverns and taken over the world or have the cannibals of Sauromatia sent them back from whence they came?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
How fare ye pretender gods? What glorious feats, what dastardly deeds have been accomplished? Has Ho Mo returned to terrorise the land? Have the mindless slugs fully emerged from the caverns and taken over the world or have the cannibals of Sauromatia sent them back from whence they came?
My pretender has been doing nothing since dying to that random event vine men attack, some forging and some site searching.

Definitely got no use out of the titan chassis so far but that is impossible to tell beforehand...

Damned Registrations

My pretender has been busy site searching the ocean for the last 40 turns mostly. Also I forgot to move him last turn. :despair:

He'll do cool stuff eventually though, I swear!

Homo has indeed revived already, but I haven't seen him in a battle yet. Presumably he's forging a full set of artifacts to wear.

Damned Registrations

The hilarious thing is how that commander died with a 1 damage attack negated by MR. I don't know what the odds are of that, but I'm going to go with 'pretty fucking low.' I feel like you got lucky though; instead of the hawks being left stranded, another attack let a commander flee into the province they're at. :argh:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Wonder what's happening in the rest of the map. Stopped scouting after a while because of Tienchi Bowl.

So TC was mostly fighting Ubar, Kaliasa, Ryleh.

Ryleh also went for Hellheim to my west.

Then we have Saurobowl with Mekone and Agartha against Sauro?

What is Ulm and Abysia are doing right now?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Ur and Helheim have repeatedly accidentally stabbed themselves on Ulmish axes while showering leading to accidental decapitations.

Abysia also interprets NAP as a permission to try and domkill me with mass blood sacrifice therefore forcing me to spend ever gold for temples. Someone please call the UN!!!

Dayyālu

Arcane
JQgQRPN.jpeg

I promise the map is completely inaccurate in details.

For now....
Sauro is doing his last stand against Agartha and Mekone.
Helheim got eaten by the Ulm plus Squids combo.
Kailasa is holding heroically against Squids and Tien.
Abysia is blood hunting like crazy, blood saccing like crazy, and summoning devils like crazy. Don't ask questions about that, people.

ZiPXoKR.jpeg

Thrones are still scattered. Fun fact that Agartha has a single Throne (night) and didn't bother to claim for... reasons. Don't know where the Might throne is.

4lekYay.jpeg

Good lineup for midgame Globals. Nothing surprising bar Abysia being the absolute devil worshiping chad choose to knife himself by overcasting his own Eternal Pyre with the fucking Blood Vortex. I get a feeling we're all ignoring Abysia for a tad too long, also his dompushing against Ulm is bloody hilarious as Ulm gets Heat 4-5 and is building Temples everywhere. Sorry Malakal, but it's insanely funny to watch. Thank the Pantokrator I have a single connection with Abysia.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
You know whats NOT hilarious? Trying to invade heat 5 Abysia...

Also that Mekone looking mighty spread out.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
domkill me with mass blood sacrifice

Uh theoretically, considering Abyysia is like Heat 4? now ? He should've run out of Slave sooner or later yes? As his pop will be killed by both the heat and the pop kill from Patrol?

Johannes

Arcane
And damn, looked at the new turn now, Kailasa caught me with my pants down. I didn't consider the option they'd attack my army full force at all, so it was split apart and not scripted for battle, most things on just "conservative gem use" without their big spells scripted. Teaches me to be more careful...

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
And damn, looked at the new turn now, Kailasa caught me with my pants down. I didn't consider the option they'd attack my army full force at all, so it was split apart and not scripted for battle, most things on just "conservative gem use" without their big spells scripted. Teaches me to be more careful...

Was hoping for a 500 vs 500 fight there

That being said my script is fucked. So I guess the fact that it didnt happen is a good thing

Andnjord

Arcane
I had somehow gotten the impression that Kailasa had already been swallowed by Ho Mo, glad to see they’re still alive and kicking :salute:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I had somehow gotten the impression that Kailasa had already been swallowed by Ho Mo, glad to see they’re still alive and kicking :salute:
Yes saw the battle for this turn and let me tell you Kailasa seems very much alive and kicking!

Dayyālu

Arcane
Helheim and Sauro both fought their last (Sauro has a couple of sieged fortresses, but not army)

DoO9uDE.jpeg

4IZxy0h.jpeg

Honour to both, and Wailing Winds still sent my entire Cavern Guard fleeing even before contact. I know they're obsolete but

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom