Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Dominions 6 - Rise of the Pantokrator: The New Decline a.k.a ProfessionalThroneSitters MP Match (Ongoing!)

In what age should we play?

• Early Age

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Late Age

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

Andnjord

Arcane
Helheim and Sauro both fought their last (Sauro has a couple of sieged fortresses, but not army)

DoO9uDE.jpeg
Damn, who has been spamming Hidden in X that hard?!?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Amusingly, they're one of the few types of undead that aren't amphibious. Definitely tanky though, and very high MR as well iirc.

I'm also curious why TC bothered summoning an Ether Lord. Another insanely expensive summon that doesn't seem to give you all that much imo. I mean, I guess ethereal is a bit better now that magic weapons isn't on everyone's sacreds.

Andnjord

Arcane
Damn, who has been spamming Hidden in X that hard?!?

Ulm. I'm rather curious about the reasoning though, there must be a reason (all unit summons got buffed) but Hidden in X is still amazingly expensive.
I know, that’s hundreds of gems we’re looking at, right? Also, is that Mistform or Body Ethereal that’s been cast on them? Either way that’s not something Ulm gets native access to, he is threatening the world with some nefarious plot I tell you!

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Amusingly, they're one of the few types of undead that aren't amphibious. Definitely tanky though, and very high MR as well iirc.

I'm also curious why TC bothered summoning an Ether Lord. Another insanely expensive summon that doesn't seem to give you all that much imo. I mean, I guess ethereal is a bit better now that magic weapons isn't on everyone's sacreds.

You laugh until TC secretly open the Gate for 10 turns and then went for your troops with 100 Flying Ether Warrior

Trash Player

Augur
domkill me with mass blood sacrifice

Uh theoretically, considering Abyysia is like Heat 4? now ? He should've run out of Slave sooner or later yes? As his pop will be killed by both the heat and the pop kill from Patrol?
Thrones can affect dominion scales. Sun gives +1 to Heat, Growth and Order while Moon gives +1 to Growth. Abysia is only immune to Heat 4+ pop kill in forts but Death/Growth effects are halved everywhere. I think cc started with Death 3 but the thrones make it 1 now, so it is just -0.1%. Provinces in 6 have overpopulation minus and underpopulation bonus, so the scales have minimal effect in Abysia's own forts, which are likely where blood hunting happens anyway. Blood sac is relatively cheap even in such scale. Hunting has its costs but every B nations will have to take it anyway. Order and PD will dampen the cost of patrolling somewhat.
tl;dr: Scales have minimal effect on Abysia's population. Blood Vortex can pay for the sacrifices and then some. Abysia is essentially running the blood econ with more or less neutral scales. Probably more.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
I took Growth 2. More optimal is Death 3 probably, use Blood only as support and embrace the fire.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Well it actually works, kinda gambled it all on protecting my province with 2 Flying Golem Thug (plus 30 PD that kinda bought time)

It's basically just 70 rounds of the Golems getting Petrified by Holy spells, whoever hitting them getting Paralyzed due to Astral Shield, and occasional hit from Flying Weapon and sometimes Gall Bladder Mace causing some poison cloud

The Golems ended up being Crippled Blind Golems (how the hell can a Golem be "blind"?) so that's probably 70 Astral Gems down the gutter but I'll take it

Andnjord

Arcane
70 astral gems for about 2000 gold of sacred and mages (I'm not counting the chaff) and keeping yourself alive some more. Not bad. :salute:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
907ajUA.jpeg

I can't see any difference. Wait, you guys aren't amphibious?
My scout drowned RIP he only got there this turn...

Also after some thinking this spell REALLY fucks up cap reliant nations. Plus I bet there was a ton of mages there too...

Johannes

Arcane
Mages get to run to the neighboring provinces, and part of population escaped too. Still a good heads up to make domes in future games, hadn't noticed there was such a spell in the game

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Mages get to run to the neighboring provinces, and part of population escaped too. Still a good heads up to make domes in future games, hadn't noticed there was such a spell in the game
The description says it depends on map move with 50% at MM10? Guess 10 is low bar to clear stil thats at least a few unlucky mages drowned and no cap recruits ever. Also no immortal respawn. And no pretender.

mondblut

Arcane
Also after some thinking this spell REALLY fucks up cap reliant nations.

Are there NON cap reliant nations?

I mean, pretty much everyone has their best troops and mages cap-only. And this kills their capacity to field them for good? For Pantokrator's sake... A true atomic age has arrived.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Also after some thinking this spell REALLY fucks up cap reliant nations.

I mean, pretty much everyone has their best troops and mages cap-only. And this kills their capacity to field them for good? For Pantokrator's sake... A true atomic age has arrived.
FYI I literally have not recruited a single cap only mage or sacred troop all game.

Dayyālu

Arcane

It's a Level 9 spell, 100 Earth Gems and requires coastal province as a target. It's bad, but not gamebreaking. Well, maybe in this specific case....

mondblut

Arcane
It's a Level 9 spell, 100 Earth Gems and requires coastal province as a target. It's bad, but not gamebreaking. Well, maybe in this specific case....

I'd be hard-pressed to find a better use for 100 earth gems than totally wiping non-amphibian enemy capital off the face of the map FOR GOOD. I mean, a Wish is a Level 9 spell worth 100 astral gems, but if you wished for an enemy capital to be gone forever, the game would laugh in your face because of how OP it is. Even being inland is not without risk, just needs a few more hundreds of gems to cut the way...

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Now if you bothered to mention once in a while who ya'll are playing as...
The nations list is on the first post of the thread :

coldcrow EA Abysia
Hag: EA Ubar
Dayyalu EA Agartha: Pale Ones
Optimist EA Marverni: Time of Druids
Berekän EA Helheim: Dusk And Death
Johannes Tien Chi: Spring and Autumn
sqeecoo EA Mekone: Brazen Giants
Malakal EA Ulm: Enigma of Steel
Catacombs EA Vanheim: Age of Vanir
Tanaka EA Pyrene: Kingdom of the Bekrydes
Bing Xi Lao EA Sauromatia: Amazon Queens
Popot EA Ur: The First City
Damned Registrations EA R'lyeh: Rise of the Aboleths
InD_ImaginE EA Kailasa: Rise of the Ape Kings

mondblut

Arcane
The nations list is on the first post of the thread :

Going back to page one anytime someone posts in this thread is, eh... this is why stickies were invented.

The world would have been a much brighter and happier place if everyone posting in a Dominions MP thread would start each of their post with "My nation is X" +M

But thanks anyway.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
The world would have been a much brighter and happier place if everyone posting in a Dominions MP thread would start each of their post with "My nation is X" +M
Or join the next MP game and learn first hand who's who.

mondblut

Arcane
Or join the next MP game and learn first hand who's who.

Nah, not gonna run the hoops necessary to buy a steam game from russia nowadays. Playing MP feels too much like a job anyway. I'd rather read your banter )

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom