Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Dominions 6 - Rise of the Pantokrator: The New Decline a.k.a ProfessionalThroneSitters MP Match (Polish Victory!)

In what age should we play?

• Early Age

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Late Age

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I wished we have replay function to watch that in all its glory. Whatever happened there?

Trash Player

Augur
Let me guess. Don't get the memo that says sabbath and communion are splitting up. Too stringy with gems/slaves. Don't even have the research for the relevant end game spells.

Andnjord

Arcane
Is it correct to understand that the undead servants of Ulm are overrunning the land of fair Codexia unopposed?

Last edited:

Johannes

Arcane
Father Illearth 300 kills :salute:
Most of that must be skeletons, wolves etc crap summoned during the battle. The kill counts total far surpass the amount of units on the field at the start of battle.

While Ulm is winning battles, I'm not sure if he's winning the war. It's a long slog. Me, I'm just chilling and waiting for everyone else to kill themselves.

Did anyone do the Nexus Gate thing yet? Maybe I should aim for that so that I could recruit some good mages for once, with my cap being underwater and all.

Dayyālu

Arcane
While Ulm is winning battles, I'm not sure if he's winning the war. It's a long slog. Me, I'm just chilling and waiting for everyone else to kill themselves.

Ulm does not need to win the war conventionally, he just needs to beat his attackers enough that he can secure enough Thrones for a win.

Abysia and Mekone have Thrones, Agartha (I) do not bar a single pointer. If Abysia gets smashed enough and Ulm can keep his lines intact, he has a good chance. Add to that, by now Ulm is barely even using his standard lineup bar warriors for counter-raiding, almost all his armies are D summons and Tartarian factory results. He can exchange in the SC/Thug arena quite favorably.

He did lose a shitton of mages and quite a few temples to focalized raids (also got one of his Throne provinces Lost Land'ed) but he can weather losses far better than Abysia can, and it's not like Agartha is fast moving. He just needs to defeat in detail and that's not an impossible task.

Also, we had two big battles and in both cases he handily mauled the opposition. Let's see if he can repeat with me, the amount of toys lategame can throw out is dizzying.

I wished we have replay function to watch that in all its glory. Whatever happened there?

It's kind of very conventional. Mistform + Mass Flight + assorted skelspam (Fields of the Dead). Ulm pretty much jumped on Abysia's mage corps, they went insane and offscript, and the rest was a deranged melee where the superior number and equipment of Abysia SC chassis counted for nothing until morale break.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Honored ancestors help me survive being besieged on all sides by the mutant (Mekone) the alien (Agartha) and the heretic (Abysia). But winning is along shot considering how much more resources the forces of evil command.

I mean small poor Ulm against demon lords and arch devils and heliophages??

Trash Player

Augur
5 cents to coldcrow: make staff of storms

Lost Land can drag late game to a forever stalemate in 6 if people are not burnt with diplo, it seems.

Johannes

Arcane
There's ways to fuck with UW, like remnants of the depths, but that does take a long time to act... You can always make progress but will be a slow process

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
win1.PNG
win2.PNG

Finally some relief.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Alright, I'm officially not having fun any more. I just watched 20 water mages, underwater, casting slow on a giant monster with 23 MR instead of just water striking it into oblivion. A monster which managed to rout my mostly mindless forces while it was paralyzed from the 30 mindblasters I also sent. I'm sure this is a skill issue and I'm supposed to go spend 5 hours researching what unit I can summon and equip and precisely position that will actually hit the fucker instead of jerking off and then fleeing, but my heart just isn't in it. I wanted to see dozens of mages casting spells that hurt things, not dozens of mages casting speed and body ethereal on mindless 5 gold trash and slow on a paralyzed magic immune enemy.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I wanted to see dozens of mages casting spells that hurt things, not dozens of mages casting speed and body ethereal on mindless 5 gold trash and slow on a paralyzed magic immune enemy.

Dominions AI caster. No it's not a skill issue, it's simply how it is. That's why you play endless mind games during sieges by baiting and counterbaiting an' shit.

Just what is that monster

Tartarian.

That said, despite still fighting properly Ulm with my limited assets, as I've already told Malakal I'm not enjoying this too. Late game is a thing, but having to autistically check and counter check and shit for gaining two provinces is kind of draining. I understand that the majority of surviving players voted against Cataclysm, but maybe we can Wish for a tourney and give to everyone a good chance for a last show instead of a quagmire. I mean, like, 2-3 turns to prepare your best champio, choose if we want People's Arena or Arena, and we go for it.

It's just a proposal and MAAAYBE Ulm can still win but better than a 100 turns slog.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I'm fine with cataclysm at this point honestly. I took my shot and it wasn't even close. Half my army is stuck underwater where it's completely useless because there's no targets of value. Tourney is fine too, though I think the best thing I can bring is probably like, a fucking octopus with frost brands.
The 13 dmg spell no ap no an on a 25 prot target? Bruh
Still better than casting useless debuffs that will never land or buffing the literal worst troops in the game. Though I did think it was better than that.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Well for the 1v1 tournament Abysia can just send that fucking arch devil with the banish-to-inferno scythe so...

Dayyālu

Arcane
Banish to Cocytus/Hell spells are boring for duels. One needs to win with style. Or lose with style.

If people are interested, we can discuss it in PM. It's a danger that a Dominions game can end up in a quagmire, and I do kinda sorta agree that Cataclysm is a band-aid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom