Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Dominions 6 - Rise of the Pantokrator: The New Decline a.k.a ProfessionalThroneSitters MP Match (Polish Victory!)

In what age should we play?

• Early Age

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Late Age

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters

Tanaka

Educated
Dayyālu said:

I indeed fear we'll have to rehost.

Rehosted as ProfessionalThroneSitters II

Same Password, same map, same settings

Mortmal

Arcane
When I look at the lobby list, there are definitely a lot of games going on; the page is crawling to a halt for all of them to load. Could it be that they are far more successful than usual?

Johannes

Arcane
TnvUhSb.png

Everybody in, game about to start if all goes well

Dayyālu

Arcane
Query from the peanut gallery: what’s happening? Bad maps, server bugs/problems? Where is the drama!

First hosting, game decided to autonomously stop recognizing me as the host for CD-key issues (probably related to a data check I made on the installation because the game started throwing out CD-key problems, frankly hilarious considering it's on Steam)

Second hosting (with randomly generated map tested by myself) game stuck on world generation, probably caused by deep caves random generation issues (I can't link a map with a cave layer, I'm not knowledgeable enough, I tried the Random Cave Generation and the game stuck)

Third hosting, map taken with from the Workshop and allegedly working and fixed, game stuck on world generation

We're now switching hosts, maybe it's me

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Query from the peanut gallery: what’s happening? Bad maps, server bugs/problems? Where is the drama!
There's also the chair-keyboard interface failures, AKA people taking over 72 hours to join the lobby and create their pretender. Not that I'm bitter or impatient or anything.

:baka:

Andnjord

Arcane
There's also the chair-keyboard interface failures, AKA people taking over 72 hours to join the lobby and create their pretender. Not that I'm bitter or impatient or anything.

Oh well, hopefully all problems that will get fixed by the time I join you for Throne Sitters 2. Meanwhile I had great fun with the most metal of nations, Nidavangr in SP. Until I realised I had forgotten to change the settings from victory at 7 ascension points that is, that felt almost as bad as if having a corrupted save.

Tanaka

Educated

Lol seriously. It just takes a few minutes to load back into another game. But we have to wait like 3 days for each restart sigh...

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Nothing happening on first turn obviously, but here's a list of the thrones at least:
6J4sopn.png

5 dominion growth scales available among them. Lucky ass land nations :argh:

In other news, my cap circle sucks balls. Ah well.

Dayyālu

Arcane
So, if someone wants to know, the game failed to host for six times .... thanks to a bug.

We'll need to thank Optimist that coined the name of the game, ProfessionalThroneSitters. At the present time, if your game name on the Illwinter Lobby is longer than 23 letters, the game refuses to run worldgen and crashes. We progressively made longer and longer names in our desperate attempts, no one in the official forums gave a fuck to give me a reply in the bug thread or in the forum themselves, and we discovered this when in utter despair I was going to make two games (that would have crashed in the same way).

Thanks to coldcrow we made this enthralling discovery and we finally started.

:argh:

Mine is probably game-ending, but WHATEVER. IT IS DONE.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Dayyālu can we have a post here on who is playinh what?

I assume it will be important for Diplomacy? From my understanding reading LPs, diplomacy in this case is us actually DM ing people yes?

Dayyālu

Arcane
Dayyālu can we have a post here on who is playinh what?

I assume it will be important for Diplomacy? From my understanding reading LPs, diplomacy in this case is us actually DM ing people yes?

It's in the OP. Here, updated.

coldcrow EA Abysia

Hag: EA Ubar

Dayyalu EA Agartha: Pale Ones

Optimist EA Marverni: Time of Druids

Berekän EA Helheim: Dusk And Death

Johannes Tien Chi: Spring and Autumn

sqeecoo EA Mekone: Brazen Giants

Malakal EA Ulm: Enigma of Steel

Catacombs EA Vanheim: Age of Vanir

Tanaka EA Pyrene: Kingdom of the Bekrydes

Bing Xi Lao EA Sauromatia: Amazon Queens

Popot EA Ur: The First City

Damned Registrations EA R'lyeh: Rise of the Aboleths

InD_ImaginE EA Kailasa: Rise of the Ape Kings

I presume that most diplo will be here on DM (it's faster). Remember that "mechanical" ingame diplo is binding, promises aren't. It is commonly understood that trades of items and gems are kind of binding even if you want to betray people (good etiquette) but for everything else.... be careful.

Andnjord

Arcane
So, if someone wants to know, the game failed to host for six times .... thanks to a bug.

We'll need to thank Optimist that coined the name of the game, ProfessionalThroneSitters. At the present time, if your game name on the Illwinter Lobby is longer than 23 letters, the game refuses to run worldgen and crashes. We progressively made longer and longer names in our desperate attempts, no one in the official forums gave a fuck to give me a reply in the bug thread or in the forum themselves, and we discovered this when in utter despair I was going to make two games (that would have crashed in the same way).

Thanks to coldcrow we made this enthralling discovery and we finally started.

:argh:

Mine is probably game-ending, but WHATEVER. IT IS DONE.
So what is the current name?

Damned Registrations

I'm not familiar with how it worked in Dom5, but the pop growth mechanics that got changed in Dom6 seem to be a fairly big nerf to the whole 'hide underwater with exponentially increasing income' strategy. Water provinces have zero or negative default growth with pretty small population softcaps. Wasn't exactly my plan anyways, but I'm curious how people feel about it on land?

As for the game itself, the thrones seem to have formed a few clusters, one is particularly interesting but I don't want to spoil why just yet. No water thrones. so it's perfectly safe to leave poor Ryleh all alone for the entire game~

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom