Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions Decline 11: The Grimgrinch vs Christmas

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
image.jpg

sqeecoo

Arcane
Dim, your last charge out of the capitol fort was heroic :salute:

My pale ones salute your bravery, and your guys truly died like... male(?) fish forest creatures? In any case, you played a good game from being fucked over hard by the map at the start, and were the first to eliminate a player. Well done.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
KN you don't even provide universal healthcare to your people, this is ridiculous.

KHE4QgA.png

Lanka will give your people the care they need.

article-2694949-1FB148F000000578-669_964x629.jpg

sqeecoo

Arcane
DRAMA!

Actually, the singer stupidly appearing in this video reminds me of the music videos from Shutka Book of Records, best documentary ever:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Send one blood slave to each other member of this unholy alliance to cement the pact.

I feel I must defend myself in the court of dominions.

I guess I must have a different definition of alliance than you Isiloon . That's right, alliance, not NAP, not peace, not whatever....an alliance. You didn't see me attacking Abysia did you? Same deal. Want to renegotiate? Then fine, I would have been all ears. If you want to break it, break it like a man, not like a backstabbing opportunist. Even after you attacked into me on your retreat from Niefelheim, killing a blood hunter, etc., I sealed up that border because....you know.....allies! :happytrollboy:

To your points:

1) See above.
2) Obviously that was hyperbole.
3) You were right on board with everyone else because your expansion sucked and you needed allies(woops). As for the "backing out", well three other wars tends to do that. Doesn't nullify the alliance.
4) Stupid.
5) Yes of course, have to threaten you because you already showed you were erratic.
6) Uhh....so that you wouldn't get stomped? He was about to sail over to your capital.
7) Stupid.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
you forgot the part where you said "if you don't agree I destroy you" in the same text, then threatened me again later.

regarding your triple war against other people, this isn't relevant to me - the terms of our agreement was to fight to the death and you did not deliver this, you focused on self preservation instead - leaving Abysia and myself to fend for ourselves, while you went on to fight a weaker opponent for self gain.

my definition of alliance includes not threatening your allies to get what you want, even if you are stronger than them.

your alliance with Abysia was exactly the same structure - in short, you never had allies, you had vassals and now it's time for me to break free from the shackles of your oppression. When you threaten me, it makes me crave for revenge.

why would I negotiate with you, when you have nothing to offer me - I want your forts and your land.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
He was about to sail over to your capital.

I should really stop shouting about my intentions to everybody.

:negative:

KN, you are a devious bastard, if I ever saw one. I never thought you used to have a full-scale alliance with Lanka. Well, at least you're not allied with Atlanits in D10. I'm pretty sure of it.

Pretty. Sure. hm

KoolNoodles

Arcane
you forgot the part where you said "if you don't agree I destroy you" in the same text, then threatened me again later.

regarding your triple war against other people, this isn't relevant to me - the terms of our agreement was to fight to the death and you did not deliver this, you focused on self preservation instead - leaving Abysia and myself to fend for ourselves, while you went on to fight a weaker opponent for self gain.

my definition of alliance includes not threatening your allies to get what you want, your alliance with Abysia was exactly the same structure - in short, you never had allies you had vassals and now it's time for me to break free from the shackles of your oppression. When you threaten me, it makes me crave for revenge.

why would I negotiate with you, when you have nothing to offer me - I want your forts and your land.

Woof, ok pal. Maybe you should write a book?

13.jpg

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
By the way everyone. Agartha betrayed me!! He is a traitor!!

you can't trust anyone in this game.

Grimwulf breaks NaPs - twice (nobody cares until they're the victim)

KN sets up wars with enslaved 'allies' and then backs out of them

Lanka says "dont worry" then kills unprepared jaguars

Agartha switches alliances and destroys coalition

TreacheryCats.jpg

Last edited:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Wait a minute! I was threatened by Mictlan?! I don't think KoolNoodles and me have ever even fought in any dom game

he said if you don't agree to my terms I will attack you immediately in the same message he offered an 'alliance'

I'd rather be eliminated then be controlled by threat of war. So when I get some diplomacy like "do X or I kill you" it means that you will be my enemy when it's convenient for me.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Either way, allies don't make threats of war to sway others.

Then continue making more threats when you have like 10 provinces with no army there, separated from your mainland and blocked by strong nations you have a NaP/war with, brilliant strategy.

You had it coming KN.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I don't understand what's going on any longer. Someone care to explain or to post a map of what's happening? The insanity of it defies belief.

I mean, I do act angrily and hastily too, but who the fuck is fighting who. Nothing makes sense anymore.

And Dim, :salute:. You were a lamb sent to the lions. But you got a bite or two before the jaws closed.

KN, you are a devious bastard, if I ever saw one.

Jeeez

Like, didn't I tell ya hundreds of times that KoolNoodles respects treaties as far as they do not inconvenience him directly? You should have read the diplo he sends to me when he's in a weaker position.

Poetry, I say. Poetry. Until he finds a rock big enough.

sqeecoo

Arcane
My tipsy recap of the stuff so far:

Theodoros and Oceania declare war on turn 1. Oceania wins, but is invaded by Grimwulf while weak, with terrible Nifel SCs. Pays him off, but is badly bruised due to that and early war. Still, good position of the can be left alone UW - two capitols is nothing to sneeze at.

Grimwulf boasts about his victories there and against Abysia on a consensual battle over a throne, alliance starts to form against him led by Koolnoodles and his allies Lanka and Abysia, but they have NAPs until turn 36. Agartha has NAP with Grimwulf till turn 30 only, and he honorably declares he will attack on turn 30. On turn 30 Agartha and Nifel are officially at war, but Nifel has ethereal giant SCs not even Living Mercuries can kill, and Agartha has tons of troops Nifel won't be able to siege through, so Nifel offers peace and alliance against Mictlan with TNN and Vanheim. Agartha (questionably) accepts.

Lanka, Abysia, and Mictlan fight Nifelheim, but Mictlan is hit hard by the Nifel-TNN-Agartha-Van alliance. One by one, people back out from the war with Nifel. Lanka is left alone, and there's this weird series of moves which leaves Nifel cut off from fighting Lanka by Mictlan and Abysia taking Lanka's territories at their border - from what I understood.
Agartha (having gotten a corridor to the big lake, which was my only desire really but I fucked up in early-day expansion) and Nifelheim sign peace with Mictlan, TNN and Van continue the fight. TNN at least seems to be loosing, on the whole, but wins some battles when stalling.

Agartha beats up poor Oceania. Vanheim and Nifel have some sort of quarrel over an indy province, terminate NAP and go to war. Mictlan happy, but gets backstabbed by Lanka who signed peace with Nifel, losing a ton of jaguars. Abysia giggles from the sidelines.

Current wars:

Agartha - Oceania
Nifelheim - Vanheim
Vanheim, TNN - Mictlan
Lanka - Mictlan

Again, this is my limited drunk info. I'm not diploing heavily this game since it's supposed to be fast-paced, but some asshole asked for slower turns so now it's slow.

By the way everyone. Agartha betrayed me!! He is a traitor!!

you can't trust anyone in this game.

Grimwulf breaks NaPs - twice (nobody cares until they're the victim)

KN sets up wars with enslaved 'allies' and then backs out of them

Lanka says "dont worry" then kills unprepared jaguars

Agartha switches alliances and destroys coalition

TreacheryCats.jpg

cat in the back looks like hitler!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom