Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions Decline 11: The Grimgrinch vs Christmas

It's not fun if only I get to see the graphs. Sharing is caring.

Let's start with this:

muUZKQu.jpg

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
What surprised me most is that me with 3 castles and barely enough resources to recruit from each one every turn (Lanka GDP is 1000) I have same research level as Grimwulf.

Mind you he has drain 3, which I'd say is to boost his giants' MR and give him better late game.

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
What surprised me most is that me with 3 castles and barely enough resources to recruit from each one every turn (Lanka GDP is 1000) I have same research level as Grimwulf.

You gotta be shitting me. With your researchers for 85gp and access to research imps, I'm surprised you're not №1 research by now.

Niefelheim has the worst research in EA, even worse than Helheim. I thought I was doing worse than Oceania, actually. Surprises every turn!

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I'm not a big fan of the research imps, 5 blood slaves for +3 research isn't very attractive in general I think, you reckon they are pretty good?

There's no way I would be number 1 in research, even if I got imps for all my guys. I need every blood slave I can get to summon units, since I can't afford to build any and my army needs to constantly grow to keep me relevant, so far all my casualties this game have been negligible - or undead chaff.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
you reckon they are pretty good?

5 slaves is basically free of charge. Your B1 mages can forge them, wasting 1 forging turn. These mages have 7 RP each. Let's say you have M2 dominion - your imp will pay for itself in 3 turns (9 RP). It's simple math, so yes, they are extremely good for nations with cheap B1 mages.

There's no way I would be number 1 in research, even if I got imps for all my guys. I need every blood slave I can get to summon units, since I can't afford to build any and my army needs to constantly grow to keep me relevant, so far all my casualties this game have been negligible - or undead chaff.

Mistakes were made. Apparently.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Yea that's all great Grim, but it doesnt take into account the opportunity cost and the fact that i got a double bless and can't afford to recruit sacreds.

So if I didnt summon sacreds, I would have about 1/3 the amount that I do.

Next time playing Lanka I'll probably take drain 3 and get imps to compensate, this time round I couldn't afford to do that.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Well, staling for TNN did not go as well this time. I am sorry elf.
What sucks is that fort spawned from a random event just in time for you to cap it.

That is funny. Here I was thinking you had MASSIVE testicles and had somehow or other made time to put up another fort right on the front lines and maybe I'd missed raiding that province over the past 6 turns(I didn't think so, so I was really surprised when a fort popped up, but one never knows).

Good stuff. :greatjob:

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Yea that's all great Grim, but it doesnt take into account the opportunity cost and the fact that i got a double bless and can't afford to recruit sacreds.

So if I didnt summon sacreds, I would have about 1/3 the amount that I do.

Next time playing Lanka I'll probably take drain 3 and get imps to compensate, this time round I couldn't afford to do that.

Imps are definitely a good investment for any serious blood nations with cheap B1 mages. Don't think of it like, "hey this seems steep for not much research right now, meh I'll do something else". Think like, "Hmm, 5 slaves is really not that much when it comes to Blood and just a dozen of these stretched out over 20 turns is a few extra levels of research that could really save my ass when push comes to shove".

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I like how your pd just ran up to my unconscious Dakini's, threw some rocks at them, then gave up and ran away.

:mrpresident:

I saw this

SceBc8q.png

and was thinking, how the hell did I win that.

I watched the fight ...

this lone archer shoots twice, kills two slaves. The rest panic and run away like

Is this guy fucking robin hood?

t3nl4l0.png

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Killing unblessed troops and old men is quite the accomplishment. Running out of time to enjoy your one-sided battles monkey man, make em count. :smug:

i8XL2fa.jpg

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Harpsichord Mostly for RP purposes, but if you surrender now I'll leave you your capital and the elves can make "toys" for me as my vassal. Papa Noel is nothing if not drunk forgiving!

papa_noel_by_caiva.jpg

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Don't listen to him, he's worried about getting ravaged by Monkeys and elves.

You could choke his jaguars at the gates of your castle and rape them with thunder strikes and shockwaves.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Don't listen to him, he's worried about getting ravaged by Monkeys and elves.

You could choke his jaguars at the gates of your castle and rape them with thunder strikes and shockwaves.

That would be a good plan, if he had many mages left. :smug:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I would never believe you will leave him alive for the sake of being nice or RP purposes.

Harp my friend, don't listen to KN - he wants your magic diversity and your women.

Be a man and die on your feet, do not let yourself become a slave - that's why I am at war with Mictlan now, because I refuse slavery.

Send your gems/items to me and I will carry your fire, to torch Mictlan.

braveheart_a_p.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom