Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DOOM Eternal - the sequel to the 2016 reboot - now with The Ancient Gods DLC

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
For example consider jump from 800x600 resolution to 1920x1080 and another to 4k, both jumps quadrupled the number of pixels, but the first one is giant improvement, while the second is barely noticeable.
This applies to everything, draw distances, polycount, particlecount, texture resolutions, etc.

4k is very noticeable as a form of anti-aliasing basically, if you have a big enough screen. Though the better stuff like TAA and DLSS get, the less it'll be seen as necessary I'm sure. It's all about preferences though, as on my old 60hz monitor I loved running at 4k res and downsampling for AA purposes, but now that I have a 144hz monitor that is a MUCH higher priority for me, there's no going back once you experience higher framerates.

In any event, my point was more that the things hammering newer GPUs in most games are stuff like "ultra screen effects" and stuff. Outer Worlds ran at 60ish frames for me on ultra, and then I turned down a couple processing effects to medium and high and suddenly it ran at 100+fps. These games are designed to run on the Xbox One S, so the lower settings should be theoretically well performing on older systems, or there's an optimization issue.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
It is cringe. It made me turn the video off and I like the podcast. It reeks of "selling out" in some way since this dude is selling a corporate product, not some passion project he is working on. How much money did Joe get from Zenimax Deep State Dead Baby Inc?

Joe Rogan seems to love Doom and the '90s Quake games, (I think it's Quake 3 Arena he's always bring up the little he does bring up video games) so it's not exactly surprising that if he's having someone on talking about video games it's for this. He had John Carmack on last year.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
7V2hZAV.jpg

soulburner

Cipher
Damn, I did not like any bit of that video at all. I pray every day the modern id Software does never touch Quake and make a "nuDoomified" remake of that one. Just don't. Keep away.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
lol collectables lol we are totally manchildren like u guise ha ha plz buy our game XD
fuck off
i clicked video and man said ‘gaymers’ and i could hear the soy!

In his ravenous hatred he found no peace, and with boiling blood he scoured the Videogame Forums seeking vengeance against the devs who had wronged him. He wore the crown of Sawyer, and those that gave "Participation Awards" to his posts named him... the Doom Seether.

Last edited:

Jezal_k23

I wish they'd come right out and admit that the game will eventually have MTX. There's no way Bethesda is missing that chance. The pretending they don't know what is going on while the whole game seems to have been built around allowing for player and demon skins if getting annoying.

JDR13

Arcane
I wish they'd come right out and admit that the game will eventually have MTX. There's no way Bethesda is missing that chance. The pretending they don't know what is going on while the whole game seems to have been built around allowing for player and demon skins if getting annoying.

What's MTX?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom