Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dota 2 Discussion (~Boston Majors & Road to TI7~)

What modes should we play?

• Total voters

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
107240-400.gif

Seriously though, Secret never looked entirely convincing. On the other hand, this TI has been great with underdogs punching well above their weight.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Time for the next game. I'm rooting for EHOME, since they seem kind of like the underdog and played really well earlier vs Secret.

These douche x 1000 filler videos tho

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
所以我觉得我姥姥对我是在太重要。
I cry every time. Poor rOtK.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
There's one, a chinese player's one, where he's shown running or jogging in the beginning, and he looks so awkward doing it, it's like he's never been outside before, finally he's leaning on his knees and looks into the sky and fuck... sometimes I'm glad there wasn't a chance to go pro when I was a kid.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
There's one, a chinese player's one, where he's shown running or jogging in the beginning, and he looks so awkward doing it,
To be fair, I think jogging in china will lower your life expectancy by a year for every minute that you run, the air over there is foul.

it's like he's never been outside before, finally he's leaning on his knees and looks into the sky and fuck... sometimes I'm glad there wasn't a chance to go pro when I was a kid.

I think I would make an amazing socially awkward pro-gamer, I have the habits down I just lack the skill at playing games. I could be the team monkey that amuses everybody with being awkward in interviews, like EternalEnvy.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
well, shit
EDIT:just got home, how did secret lose?

Game 1: Amazing game by secret, absolute stomp. It was promising for them.
Game 2: Arteezy got shut down hard as luna, had less farm than most supports in the game, eventually VP steamrolled them. Slight s4 retardation.
Game 3: s4 went full retard, did a lot of suicidal blinks and his team paid the price.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Seriously though, s4 and rtz constantly getting opened on, Dazzle getting controlled 100-0% health, Zai played OUT OF HIS MIND but there was no way outside of vacuum to keep VP near the wall. Everytime RTZ started cooking his ult they either could run out or they had long BKBs activated so it didn't do the damage they needed.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
One thing that really annoys me is the russian caster/analytics panel. Now, I'm generally watching the english one as that's no problem for me and the difference in the quality is staggering (Russia has nigh zero good casters), but, ofc, when VP wins Secret it's pointless to watch an english discussion.

But fuck, the whole analytics is poisoned by the fucking PEREVODCHIK - that's some sort of v1lat's cousin or whatever. Because that's how things work in russia/ukraine and ofc he's dragged his brother and wife and whatnot into the casting business. And right next to the PEREVODCHIK (that's russian for translator - he's also performs this part, but he's both horrible as this and as the host) is the Casperrr who, of course, was one of the first russian casters but now he got lazy, fat and gives zero fucks about current start of the game. And so, instead of letting NS and Dread say something interesting (while they're sorta losers, they can still give some insight), they just let one horrible joke after another. Motherfuckers.

Ninjerk

Arcane
One thing that really annoys me is the russian caster/analytics panel. Now, I'm generally watching the english one as that's no problem for me and the difference in the quality is staggering (Russia has nigh zero good casters), but, ofc, when VP wins Secret it's pointless to watch an english discussion.

But fuck, the whole analytics is poisoned by the fucking PEREVODCHIK - that's some sort of v1lat's cousin or whatever. Because that's how things work in russia/ukraine and ofc he's dragged his brother and wife and whatnot into the casting business. And right next to the PEREVODCHIK (that's russian for translator - he's also performs this part, but he's both horrible as this and as the host) is the Casperrr who, of course, was one of the first russian casters but now he got lazy, fat and gives zero fucks about current start of the game. And so, instead of letting NS and Dread say something interesting (while they're sorta losers, they can still give some insight), they just let one horrible joke after another. Motherfuckers.
Sounds a bit like TI4 at times. Bruno, et al. would often go for several minutes making dumb jokes DURING THE GAME.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Fuck this meta. The lineups are almost god damned identical every game.

EDIT: Still better than TI4, I guess (DK aside).

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2

Watching the Russian stream right now, have watched for 4 minutes and the panel hasn't laughed once. Why are they so serious? But pretty cool from the VP guys to show up at the panel just moments after they've won.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Looking a little better with the addition of Disruptor. VG just did some kind of huddle cheer.

EDIT: They need to give ODPixel the good games.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Watching the Russian stream right now, have watched for 4 minutes and the panel hasn't laughed once. Why are they so serious? But pretty cool from the VP guys to show up at the panel just moments after they've won.

Because their jokes are so horrible that it's impossible to laugh at them.

BTW, you've asked about Loda - he's wearing a hat because he's horribly bald. It's just a fucking nightmare, dude, his baldness is.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
BTW, you've asked about Loda - he's wearing a hat because he's horribly bald. It's just a fucking nightmare, dude, his baldness is.

Shave it all and own up to it, you either go full Pflax or face ridicule.

EDIT: They need to give ODPixel the good games.

I think ODPixel is kind of weird, he sounds like a snooker-commentator for most of the game and then when hype has to happen he goes full OH MY GOD WHAT IS HAPPENING ZOMG THIS IS INSANE!" it's disjointed in my opinion.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Who, swindle?
Yeah, guess they ran out of analysts for a while there so they scrabbled through the trashcan and found swindle and fogged.

Secret getting wrecked by a storm time and time again, never drafting a single storm counter in any game. Not banning Visage in game 3 was really dumb as well, generally a bad draft and an even worse performance by s4. He played decently in the first games, but having 9k networth 50 minutes in on a core QoP is just plain bad.

Vici/Ehome was fun to watch, a lot of big plays especially by rotk/ddz, held them in the game way longer than they should've lasted. I'll be sad to see either team go.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Yeah, game 1 was fun to watch was what I ment. Also, note to secret: Thats how you draft against a storm.

I'm also hoping to see some pitlord/zet action in the all-star match.

Last edited:

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Well, that was the fight EHOME needed. Curious how the rest of the game plays out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom