Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dota 2 Discussion (~Boston Majors & Road to TI7~)

What modes should we play?

• Total voters

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Actually I could play tomorrow as well. I forgot Guild Wars was on saturday. lol!

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Why is it that despite there being far fewer codexers that play DotA than League of Legends, you're unable to keep your shit to one thread like we are? There's literally like 10 different DotA threads if you do a quick search.

meh

Educated
Agh, fuck it, just get online in the European evening/night. The later we play more likely AUS/US can join. Need atleast 3 people more.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Why is it that despite there being far fewer codexers that play DotA than League of Legends, you're unable to keep your shit to one thread like we are? There's literally like 10 different DotA threads if you do a quick search.

QQ MOR FFGT

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
There are also more people playing Fallout 3 than Fallout 2. What's you fucking point?
This thread is temporary for this little Codex get-together.
I'm sorry you have little to no competitiveness in your little DotA-for-children knockoff.

raw you wouldn't be able to participate anyway, no-one wants to play with you. not because you suck, but because you're a loud-mouth bitch in-game.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

LoL? Name is accurate. Also scrub game for scrubs. lrn 2 play n00b.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I'm sorry you have little to no competitiveness in your little DotA-for-children knockoff.

Of course, the classic DotA-tard straw man argument. Let's just disregard the fact that League of Legends has more players, more tournaments, and more prize money than DotA. How is DotA empirically more competitive than League of Legends?

Rpgsaurus Rex

Cuz lol sheeple (like u) is more abundant than the dota elite

Now come into the FO1 thread and say "guyz ur game suxxx FO3 had more sales it must be a better gaem!"

WoW must be the best online game evur!!!!

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Of course, the classic DotA-tard straw man argument. Let's just disregard the fact that League of Legends has more players, more tournaments, and more prize money than DotA. How is DotA empirically more competitive than League of Legends?
1. LoL is more accessible. Gameplay-wise and logistics-wise. It is F2P. More people playing = bigger interest in spectating and more tournaments, bigger prizepools etc.
2. DotA2 is less accessible. Gameplay-wise and logistics-wise. It is closed beta. You can't got to a website and click "PLAY NAOW 4 FRE!". More finicky mechanisms and shit you need to master. Steeper learning curve.

I hope that answered your question.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Holy shit I've reinstalled my windows a while ago and due to rl stuff I didn't really manage to play anymore dotau for over a month now. I think I'll manage to log on sometime today-tomorrow.

meh

Educated
It'll be your welcoming-back party! Need at least two more people.

Castanova

Prophet
I'd love to play but I don't think those times work... I'm in the US East Coast so 1500 GMT is like 10 AM for me, no? (unless I'm retarded at timezones)... I have a job.

meh

Educated
It's all right. I guess you can join tomorrow then after the job?

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
I would've gladly shown dear kkkodex how to assemble midas on every freaking hero possible, but unfortunately I don't have the hardware for the game (stuck up with a built-in videocard notebook) at the moment so I'll have to pass.

communard

Arcane
Isn't the range on manually casted Burning Spears longer than your default auto attack range? That alone makes one point in it useful at all points in the game.

communard

Arcane
I'd be down to play some games tomorrow. Skill level medium I guess, I'm really new at the game but I only have occasional bouts of Downs syndrome in game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom