Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Double Fine's MASSIVE CHALICE - Released... but nobody cares

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

Needs to be a new Codex emote.

AMG

Arbiter
Project Director Brad said:

THIS THREAD IS AWESOME.

I want the game to be extremely inclusive. We crafted a message about biological sex equality for the FAQ and put it up yesterday evening. But I realize that’s not the whole story!

We haven’t said anything about same sex couples because I’m not sure how it would work yet! But it’s another aspect of being inclusive that I really want to see worked into the game.
If hating on Double Fine was unwarranted before I'm pretty sure it is no longer the case.

Branm

Learned
Soooooo here we are... almost 10 days in and their pitch hasn't improved at all. They haven't added ANY relevant info about game mechanics other then talking about how they will handle fudge packers in the game...... I swear how these fools are gonna end up getting like 1m+ is beyond me.

Sigh still bummed that Jagged Alliance only got like 350k while even they have a shit load more experience making turn based games.

Tytus

Arcane
Soooooo here we are... almost 10 days in and their pitch hasn't improved at all. They haven't added ANY relevant info about game mechanics other then talking about how they will handle fudge packers in the game...... I swear how these fools are gonna end up getting like 1m+ is beyond me.

Sigh still bummed that Jagged Alliance only got like 350k while even they have a shit load more experience making turn based games.

Hold your horses, about an hour ago they said in the comment section that they are working on an update, so probably it will be up soon.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They'll get their money and then some. Probably not the mountain they got with the adventure game but that's probably for the best since it'll actually force them to spend wisely.

deuxhero

Arcane
There's a can of worms here with menopause vs hero effective age too.

edit: oh wait, no females? How reactionary.

Wait? Really?

That completely ruins the idea on its own. Being able to pair a hunter and sorceress and start a magic knight line is what this game SHOULD be about.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
No. Not really. Do you expect me to go to their kickstarter page? I'm just playing by ear from reading the thread.

deuxhero

Arcane
Oh, ok then.

Reminds me of how the homossexuality trait is dealt with in CK2.

Gay character DO have the potential to be interesting game mechanics (You might get an amazing hero in your starting pool who is gay. Do you use her knowing most of the resources you spend on her will be lost when she retires in exchange for the early advantage? Maybe you could specialize her in creating magic items, which still be around, to reduce the burden? Prehaps you can research baby making magic to make up for it AND use the temptation to lure an enemy's lesbians to you?), but I doubt they'd do it.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Soooooo here we are... almost 10 days in and their pitch hasn't improved at all.

Um... did you mean 5? Or is addition a bit too tricky for you?
He is trolling DF in every Massive Chalice thread from the very beginning, no surprise that he started making up shit. And since I've never seen him before, I think he probably activated this account just to shit on DF's kickstarter. Maybe they touched him on a bad place or killed his dog.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well, frankly the name "Massive Chalice" is a pretty obviously brimming with gay innuendo, so I'm not surprised to see are the fags and fag-enablers swamping the Kickstarter...

kris

Arcane
Oh, ok then.
Reminds me of how the homossexuality trait is dealt with in CK2.
Gay character DO have the potential to be interesting game mechanics (You might get an amazing hero in your starting pool who is gay. Do you use her knowing most of the resources you spend on her will be lost when she retires in exchange for the early advantage? Maybe you could specialize her in creating magic items, which still be around, to reduce the burden? Prehaps you can research baby making magic to make up for it AND use the temptation to lure an enemy's lesbians to you?), but I doubt they'd do it.

Throughout history most homosexuals have lived an more or less normal heterosexual life with a wife and kids. Even today many marries and have kids. so unless we talk about a fantasy world were most homosexuals live openly like that, it wouldn't really be an issue.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Throughout history most homosexuals have lived an more or less normal heterosexual life with a wife and kids. Even today many marries and have kids. so unless we talk about a fantasy world were most homosexuals live openly like that, it wouldn't really be an issue.
Now I wonder what would the inclusion brigade say to forcing the gay characters to sire offspring. The flames would probably reach the heavens.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
When you think how great Conquistador turned out to be with just 70k, that 700k goal already seems to be threefolded...

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yeah 70k for a rich, expansive RPG is incredible.

But it's Double Fine we're talking about. These guys are so disorganized they can't pull a simple adventure game with the original goal bumped up tenfold.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
We would get a third campaign +2 classes with +90k, 700k is a insane ammount of money...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom