Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

Myobi

Liturgist
They made her look like a fucking tranny...
Morrigan-dragon-age-origins-16832427-786-442.jpg

Morrigan always looked hideous. Takes several mods to even get her to a bangable state in DAO.

Never played DA3, but contrary to the concept art you posted, it's incline in game.
u3iceWN.jpeg

My dude, ofc the in-game model of DA:Origins looks like shit, it's dragon age fucking origins.

The picture I've linked is from the trailer:

The in-game model does indeed look slightly better:

Characters in DAI suffer from the same problem that the ones in ME:Andromerda, damn weird ass bulky jaw lines and chins.

Look at the character models from Dragon Age 2, it's like every character now it's a fucking Aveline.

Edited: shit, look at DAO DLC trailer character designs:

Last edited:

Myobi

Liturgist
From DA Origins trailer

MorriganCGI_FA.jpg

Also from the same decade old trailer, just few frames later:

Sem-T-tulo.jpg

My problem is not the outdated character in-game models or weird ass facial animations my dude, it's the character design overall, while I used Morrigan as an example, Morrigan is far from the worst of it.

I don't know if it's a cultural thing, or if its side effects from the engine change, but since Mass Effect 3 things started getting... meh....

... and it's not just about the looks either, even the personalities are mostly crappy, Peebee and Sera being pretty good example of it.

BanEvader

I don't know if it's a cultural thing, or if its side effects from the engine change,
Oh it's definitely a cultural thing.
Fat people don't like seeing thin people, and ugly people don't like seeing beautiful people (and most of the people working at BioWare are fat and ugly).
Therefor, fat people are healthy and ugly people are beautiful.
Slavery is freedom, war is peace etc. etc.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I noticed quite a bit of decline in the personalities even from DAO to DAI after playing them recently. Like, the Qunari guy in DAO is a grumpy, racist, hyper-religious motherfucker, and he's glorious. But the Qunari guy in DAI is "cutified" into a sort of gentle giant type of figure. (The in-game excuse being that he's a spy so he's been softened by association and habit, but really you know it's just because they didn't have the balls to do a Qunari as they had originally been envisioned.) The Qunari in the next game is probably going to be trans with a diaper fetish.

Codex Year of the Donut
gygax, dragon #38 "Female dwarves do have beards!"
There are areas where AD&D can be absolute, places where
statements can be accepted as gospel. One such is that of the facial
hirsuteness of female dwarves. Can any Good Reader cite a single
classical or medieval mention of even one Female dwarf? Can they
locate one mention of a female dwarf in any meritorious work of
heroic fantasy (save AD&D, naturally)? I think not! The answer is so
simple, so obvious, that the truth has been long overlooked. Know-
ing the intelligence of AD&D players, there can be no doubt that all
will instantly grasp the revealed truth, once it is presented, and extol
its virtue.
Female dwarves are neglected not because of male chauvinism
or any slight. Observers failed to mention them because they failed
to recognize them when they saw them. How so? Because the
bearded female dwarves were mistaken for younger males, ob-
viously!
It is well known that dwarves are egalitarian. They do not dis-
criminate against their womenfolk or regard them as lesser creatures,
and this is undeniable. Furthermore, dwarves do not relegate fe-
males to minor roles. There can be no doubt that during any im-
portant activity or function, female dwarves were present. An un-
trained eye would easily mistake the heavily garbed, armored, short-
bearded females for adolescent males. So happened the dearth of
information pertaining to the fairer sex of dwarvenkind. Now, do
female dwarves have beards? Certainly! And male dwarves are darn
glad of it, for they do love to run their fingers through the long, soft
growth of a comely dwarven lass

can't remember if it was greyhawk or forgotten realms that had the weird "capturing, enslaving, and raping human women because dwarf females are infertile" thing though. Does sound more like greenwood now that I think about it.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Let's get on topic.
I wish for Dreadwolf that they change second mouse button for camera rotation. That was very bad and uncomfortable to play. I broke my mouse. Also, tactical camera was obnoxious and got you out of the fight. Just remove tactical camera.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom