Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age impressions

Grifthin said:
@ Clockwork Knight - my eyes!

mission%20complete.gif

Ah, I just realized Black Cat is female. Thought the "He" in first paragraph was onomatopeic (Should have quoted it, bitch).

Everything is forgiven then. Go ahead and watch shows which fry your brain, play horrible grinding games with half-naked boys, call your characters NEKOCHAN, end sentences in nya and generally be a pussy. Because, well, you were born a pussy. Not even I'm going to tell a cripple to run a marathon.

I'm almost disappointed, tbh. Thought we'll have Codex Weeaboo Battle Royale, with Black Cat and whitemithrandir fighting for the Reclining Seat Of Faggotry. whitemithrandir still reigns supreme though.

Instead...

post-tits-or-gtfo.thumbnail.png

Black Cat

Magister
@ Emotional Vampire

Just a small correction: Shoujo is for adolescent girls, Shounen for adolescent boys. In the pre-adolescent level they aren't still considered diferent, like, target demographic or stuff, called Kodomo or Kodama or some thingie like that. So a nine year old girl would watch the same series that nine year old boys. It is usually seen as good manners to inform oneself before speaking.

And i don't know about you, but i would say Sengoku Rance is as demeaning towards woman as it is towards men, since it is actually them who are seen as such little ignorant uncultured shits as to find that kind of retarded crap amusing, funny, sexy, or erotic.

And... You know? Until now i actually was hoping you were like a small time Volourn, being a retarded troll who was really not at all retarded and actually had something to say if you went beyond his total lack of comunication skills, and that it was my fault to not see even a shadow of sense beyond your words. That last post just made me notice how much of a real retard you are, so, like, be happy and good luck with your threatment, or something.

Black Cat said:
Just a small correction: Shoujo is for adolescent girls, Shounen for adolescent boys. In the pre-adolescent level they aren't still considered diferent, like, target demograblahblhahblahblhah

In theory. You're forgetting that japs' mental development stops at the age of thirteen. So us westerners have to adjust their target audience ages, basically going "one back". So Seinen, which is for ~18 in Japan, is for ~13 in rest of the world. Similiarily, Shonen is ~9 instead of advertised ~13.

And... You know? Until now i actually was hoping you were like a small time Volourn, being a retarded troll who was really not at all retarded and actually had something to say if you went beyond his total lack of comunicblahlblahlbalhblahblah

Oh you are SO angry about this. If you didn't pick such ambigious nickname I would dox you right here and now.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Black Cat said:
the last anime i saw and went all fangirl over was Vampire Knight +Guilty... To the point i, like, read the entire manga up to the current point in a single day after watching the series. *Hangs head in abject shame*

Isn't that the anime equivalent of Twilight?

Black Cat

Magister
@ Lesifoere

Yes, that's the one. Though it is, like, much, much better than Twilight. The Vampires aren't, like, all sparklity sparkly, and later it becomes obvious it is not so much about Yuki's romantic life as it is about her past before Kaname found her, about Zero's and Kaname's own pasts, and about the Vampires' society with all their intriges and politics and stuff and thingies. And it also has a couple of very epic moments and stuff towards the end of the first story arc thingie.

It is very melodramatic and emo and romantic, and so cheesy i fear mouses will try to steal my discs, but it is nowhere near as vapid and gray and pedestrian as Twilight is.

There, have the Opening as a parting gift. :3

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Black Cat said:
@ Lesifoere

Yes, that's the one. Though it is, like, much, much better than Twilight. The Vampires aren't, like, all sparklity sparkly, and later it becomes obvious it is not so much about Yuki's romantic life as it is about her past before Kaname found her, about Zero's and Kaname's own pasts, and about the Vampires' society with all their intriges and politics and stuff and thingies. And it also has a couple of very epic moments and stuff towards the end of the first story arc thingie.

It is very melodramatic and emo and romantic, and so cheesy i fear mouses will try to steal my discs, but it is nowhere near as vapid and gray and pedestrian as Twilight is.

There, have the Opening as a parting gift. :3

...why does it have a character called Zero? I think the only justification for that kind of dumbfuck trying-too-hard-to-be-cool name is Zero from the Rockman X series, but even then at least he's a robot. I took a look at the manga's artwork and I already knew I'd want to burn it. Let me guess: the protagonist is a vapid, brainless twit whom for some reason every pretty male within ten kilometers' radius are in love/lust with and will do everything to get into her pussy?

Pretty much 99% of all shoujo is garbage. Then again, the same goes for shounen.

Grifthin said:
Emotional Vampire said:
All anime is equivalent of Twilight.

I don't think ANYTHING deserves to be given that harsh a judgement, except maby Kevin J Anderson's RAPE of the dune universe.

Actually, Patrick Weekes of Bioware fame admitted the writing in their games is on a level with romance novels. So there you have it: the writing in DA is not much better than, say, in Twilight.

Lesifoere said:
...why does it have a character called Zero? I think the only justification for that kind of dumbfuck trying-too-hard-to-be-cool name is Zero from the Rockman X series, but even then at least he's a robot.

That's not his real name, the cliche here is amnesia, iirc. I don't really remember the details, but I think the guy that found him gave him the name because of a plan he had about uing him, or something. Or was it written in one of the kid's possessions? Dunno...

/useless answer

I took a look at the manga's artwork and I already knew I'd want to burn it. Let me guess: the protagonist is a vapid, brainless twit whom for some reason every pretty male within ten kilometers' radius are in love/lust with and will do everything to get into her pussy?

Yeah, but I guess that's more due to all the other ( 2 or 3) women being manipulative bitches and/or crazy killers, being vampires and all.

Why does it matter how many pages the damn thing has? If you want the Risen thread to have more, post something there.

Btw, shounen is for fags and pedos, right up the codex' alley

07.jpg

08.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

but since this is a shonen, he doesn't destroy the kid, and they even become allies (sort of) later

02.jpg

08.jpg

Hisoka, pedo extraordinaire (though he also goes after lolis and grown women...and an adult man...and anything else, really)

Clockwork Knight said:

"Such a terrible aura" indeed! :lol:

Grifthin said:
I don't think ANYTHING deserves to be given that harsh a judgement, except maby Kevin J Anderson's RAPE of the dune universe.

As much as I love Dune, RAPE of something as basic as logic and reason is a bigger crime.

Black Cat

Magister
@ Lesifoere

Nah, only Kaname and Zero are after her, half of the other vampire guys have their own flames and the remaining half is for Kaname, don't ask. Well, two guys and half the villains. It's the other kind of basic shoujo plot twist, where the vapid brainless twit is really...

... a pure blood Vampire Princess from the Vampires' royal family, so she's really the Vampires' queen and a wielder of so powerful magic thingies as to leave all the bigger vampires from Bloodlines as total noobs, with both her memories and her vampiric nature temporarily locked away by an old ritual done to protect her of political rivalry and greed, and at the same time be able to look at the world from a neutral, inocent perspective unspoiled by all the treachery and politics and stuff of the Vampires.

Hey, i never said it was original! Vampire Knight is awesome regardless of how totally cheesy it is, not because it isn't cheesy. If you want real Vampire romantic cheese read Midnight Secretary, though. You'll hate me afterwards. :P

@ Clockwork Knight

Thanks for the recomendation, i'll look for it. And no, i believe Zero's name is actually his real name. Yuki's the amnesiac one, he is the Emo one who hates everything, even himself, and spends all the time he's not being, like, badass or cool or sexy crying in a room while his mentor and his adoptive father try to convince him to keep living and fighting instead of blowing his own brains.

And because someone has to do it:

RPGCodex, putting the anime soap opera back in RPG.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I didn't know codex loves anime so much they will turn a thread about Dragon age into anime discussion.

I didn't know codex loves anime so much they will turn a thread about Dragon age into anime discussion.

It's been 70+ pages now, what's left

*reads about Vampire Knight*

Fuck, she's important.

Well, at least Matsuri's protagonists are actually someone the hero would fall in love with, instead of a random girl like in Twilight.

Let's see if I can make EV commit suicide yet

14.jpg
15.jpg

16.jpg

05.jpg
06.jpg

07.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Lesifoere

Liturgist
More like discussions about anime/manga are more profound and interesting than discussions about Dragon Age. At least it's got lulz going for it, whereas another discussion about DA is dull and beating a dead horse.

Black Cat said:
@ Lesifoere

Nah, only Kaname and Zero are after her, half of the other vampire guys have their own flames and the remaining half is for Kaname, don't ask. Well, two guys and half the villains. It's the other kind of basic shoujo plot twist, where the vapid brainless twit is really...

... a pure blood Vampire Princess from the Vampires' royal family, so she's really the Vampires' queen and a wielder of so powerful magic thingies as to leave all the bigger vampires from Bloodlines as total noobs, with both her memories and her vampiric nature temporarily locked away by an old ritual done to protect her of political rivalry and greed, and at the same time be able to look at the world from a neutral, inocent perspective unspoiled by all the treachery and politics and stuff of the Vampires.

So basically, she's a Mary Sue?

Rohit_N said:
YYH was way better, imo.
YuYu Hakusho? Great series.

It would help if Togashi could go for two weeks without catching a disease that shittifies his drawing ability

janjetina said:
Clockwork knight is the person responsible for the most links on my adblock.

:smug:

...wait, that's not a compliment, is it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom