Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

Grinolf

Arcane
Wait, I'm mistranslating it or Gaider really was the guy, that worked on New Nations and POP Demand mods for Vic2? I was completely unprepared for that information...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It won't.

It'll be a Bioware game, and if you hate those, you can already call it a wash.

No they don't, they get criticized all the time. They police the tone.

There's a very fine line between policing tone and opinion. That's basically the fundamental reason that the Codex doesn't.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Gaider is the Peter Principle at work. A talented game designer (proven by the content he designed in BG2 and his ToB mod) who was promoted into a field he's not very good at (full time writing).

Delterius

Arcane
Gaider is the Peter Principle at work. A talented game designer (proven by the content he designed in BG2 and his ToB mod) who was promoted into a field he's not very good at (full time writing).

Or he's Bizarro Modder. While the best modders fall apart at the mere sight of becoming actual professionals, Gaider spent all his time as such but at the 'wrong' fuctions. In his heart, he's a modder all along. And perhaps one of the best ones too.

If only the Codex of yore had realized that. Maybe they'd have called him something more than a fat bald bastard. Like Master fat bald bastard (MFBB).

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Body sliders are important to you Excidium? :lol:
In the type of game, yes. Half the fun in Skyrim is playing pimp my waifu.

Eh, I don't really view Dragon Age and Skyrim as particularly similar. I don't believe the PR-machine concerning the similarities between DAI and Skyrim. If the game wants to have any sort of chance of being decent, they need to improve the DA:O formula, and I have an inkling they're going for a sort of hybrid between that and a more open world.

Delterius

Arcane
Body sliders are important to you Excidium? :lol:
In the type of game, yes. Half the fun in Skyrim is playing pimp my waifu.

Eh, I don't really view Dragon Age and Skyrim as particularly similar. I don't believe the PR-machine concerning the similarities between DAI and Skyrim. If the game wants to have any sort of chance of being decent, they need to improve the DA:O formula, and I have an inkling they're going for a sort of hybrid between that and a more open world.
Pimp my waifu is most of what the Dragon Age modders can do ever since the toolsets were removed from the equation. Rather sad, really.

eremita

Savant
I heard in some interview or something that writers at Bioware are basically designers in many ways and that they work with designers closely when implementing plots, quests etc.
want game to be more open (they have zero experience with that)
Baldur's Gate. :M
Come on, that was 15 years ago...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I heard in some interview or something that writers at Bioware are basically designers in many ways and that they work with designers closely when implementing plots, quests etc.
Some of them (like Jen Hepler) clearly have no fucks to give about anything that isn't dialogue/cinematics.

Gaider was also overruled by design when he wanted Orsino to be an optional boss for mage-sympathizers and for there to be fewer mages-that-go-evil in DA2. :)

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Some of them (like Jen Hepler) clearly have no fucks to give about anything that isn't dialogue/cinematics.

Gaider was also overruled by design when he wanted Orsino to be an optional boss for mage-sympathizers and for there to be fewer mages-that-go-evil in DA2. :)

Yeah, because that fight was so magnificent.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Cinematic boss fights can be fun. Super Metroid ends with one of the best cinematic boss fights ever.

Diablo169

Arcane

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm glad they have time to rewrite things now, considering DA2 suffered heavily from lack of this. The difference between a bad story and a bad story that's palatable to the majority of the fanbase.
the only way bioware is going to rewrite anything is with "more faggots, more tolerance, more dumbing down"

X-Com Enemy Unknown: This game should set the standard for how games should be updated. It preserved almost everything I loved most about the original, and did some things better. I played the hell out of this—about six or seven complete games, followed by two more when the expansion came out. Now update Alpha Centauri and I’ll be in bliss.
Funny, becase they've done the opposite with DA2 - removed all advantages and replaced them with most hated features. And adding Orsino as an additional boss would not help at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom