Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

Rake

Arcane
It'll be a Bioware game, and if you hate those, you can already call it a wash.
DA:O wasn't so bad. DA2 and MEs(all 3) i don't care about. Tell me, oh prophet, will the game be closer to my taste or not?

Caim

Arcane
I recall that Saints Row IV had body sliders, yet there was plenty of romance to go around there and it worked just fine. Bioware better step its game up: the actual romances in SR IV were better than any of their ME or DA ones.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
:hmmm:

I think it's time for Excidium to get a new tag.
I just prefer the more B-movie nature of zombie cyborg shepard back with a grudge going around the galaxy reuniting his friends for the ultimate pool party while also investigating some shit or another, headbutting krogans and bedding aliens. It doesn't take itself too seriously which was a breath of fresh air from ME1/DAO and their boring drivel. If you sincerely liked that then it is you who needs a new tag.

eremita

Savant
It'll be a Bioware game, and if you hate those, you can already call it a wash.
DA:O wasn't so bad. DA2 and MEs(all 3) i don't care about. Tell me, oh prophet, will the game be closer to my taste or not?
Nobody knows. In DA2, they took a dump on their usual design and writing formula. They now masturbate over Dark Souls, have a new engine, want game to be more open (they have zero experience with that) and probably got the biggest budget + the longest time for development in their history. Who the fuck knows what's gonna come out of it? there will be romances and their typical infantile humor, sure. But other than that...

Delterius

Arcane
Alonebadman

Man, the post directly above that.

Have they shown char gen? Does it have body morph?

YES, CONFIRMED

see https://twitter.com/Mike_Laidlaw/status/410291844199612416
@Mike_Laidlaw Hello Mr. Laidlaw, a brief question: will we be able to alter our characters physique in Dragon Age Inquisition?

@LeonA01371176 [Yes.] We're investing in supporting 4 race body types... 2 bodies per race, 1 male, 1 female.

@Mike_Laidlaw Thank you my friend.

Alonebadman

Educated
Alonebadman

Man, the post directly above that.

Have they shown char gen? Does it have body morph?

YES, CONFIRMED

see https://twitter.com/Mike_Laidlaw/status/410291844199612416
@Mike_Laidlaw Hello Mr. Laidlaw, a brief question: will we be able to alter our characters physique in Dragon Age Inquisition?

@LeonA01371176 [Yes.] We're investing in supporting 4 race body types... 2 bodies per race, 1 male, 1 female.

@Mike_Laidlaw Thank you my friend.
redundant post, got it.

DraQ

Arcane
I just prefer the more B-movie nature of zombie cyborg shepard back with a grudge going around the galaxy reuniting his friends for the ultimate pool party while also investigating some shit or another, headbutting krogans and bedding aliens.
:hmmm:

That's still not "better plot", at most it's "entertainingly retarded".

Half MY fun in Skyrim is playing pimp my waifu.
Fixed and that's only because you can't git gud.

:smug:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
You pimp your waifu to get muchio septims, pay the trainers and git gut without reloading 500 times. All those poor convicts/farmers/travelers turned into heroes is Librul BS anyway; Real Heroes which means Knights, Priests and Nobles were trained from childhood and often bred for generations; the idea some nobody from the gutter would become Dragonborne or N7 is ridiculous; So Excidium has right fiction should not take itself too seriously. ME2 best B class SF movie ever.

Zeriel

Arcane
Considering how many people still played DA2 after supposedly playing through the entirety of DA:O and bearing witness of the DA2 marketing campaign, you're probably right. The Codex has battered housewife syndrome when it comes to Bioware games.

Or the Codex is just bored. I don't know where this idea of "you must enjoy a game and think it a verifiable work of art if you play it" came from, especially in this Golden Age of Piracy (thanks Assassin Creed 4, tagline of the century). People get enjoyment out of legit broken garbage like Realms of Arkania HD just because it's hilarious, so "wow people play dragon age they must really love Bioware secretly" strikes me as absurd.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What a bunch of losers, spending dozens of hours playing games they hate. :smug:

Remember you can't throw this back at me because I mildly enjoy almost everything well enough.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What a bunch of losers, spending dozens of hours playing games they hate. :smug:

Remember you can't throw this back at me because I mildly enjoy almost everything well enough.
Didn't you say you liked MST3k?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Didn't you say you liked MST3k?
One can passively watch (or read) a LP. Playing is an activity.

I also don't think Best Brains or the fans of the show obsessed over the people making bad movies or the people who like them for whatever reason.

Telengard

Arcane
One can also certainly gain entertainment out of BIsexuaWARE purely for the sake of looking for scenes of Flaying Space Monster Penises shooting streams of hot liquid at soft, wet, yielding holes in the earth; or for Shepard inserting his "essence" into a large phallic symbol, thus disintegrating himself, which causes a massive ejaculation explosion, which shoots off a line of steaming, liquidy lights that bond with every being in the universe, giving birth to a new race. That stuff is hilarious.

I sometimes think of completing the two series just to see all such scenes. But I've never bothered, because all the stuff in between drags too much.

Caim

Arcane
I sometimes think of completing the two series just to see all such scenes. But I've never bothered, because all the stuff in between drags too much.
Youtube.

ME3 has a number of such scenes, like the resolution of Tuchanka, Rannoch, Thessia... huh, quite a bit of the locations of ME3 incur shooting big streams of stuff at other things.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
One can passively watch (or read) a LP. Playing is an activity.

I also don't think Best Brains or the fans of the show obsessed over the people making bad movies or the people who like them for whatever reason.
The obsession with the fans is odd, I agree.

The Best Brains people made all sorts of jokes about the people involved with making bad movies though, so they must have some research into it. They had entire skits devoted to Coleman Francis.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Gaider-blog http://dgaider.tumblr.com/post/71780734295/on-2013
But mostly this was the year that I just kept working and working and working on Inquisition. I heard “this is the last time we’re blowing plots up, I swear” approximately three times, did a complete top-to-bottom re-write of two full plots and one follower, got to write one follower who I’ve been itching to write since I started writing for BioWare 15 years ago, and otherwise vacillated between feeling like a useless tit with writer’s block and an utter rock star who made everything I touched in the game better.
I'm glad they have time to rewrite things now, considering DA2 suffered heavily from lack of this. The difference between a bad story and a bad story that's palatable to the majority of the fanbase.

Also comments on games
X-Com Enemy Unknown: This game should set the standard for how games should be updated. It preserved almost everything I loved most about the original, and did some things better. I played the hell out of this—about six or seven complete games, followed by two more when the expansion came out. Now update Alpha Centauri and I’ll be in bliss.
:smug:

Shadowrun Returns: The first game I backed on Kickstarter, giving them more money than is probably reasonable. Why? Because I love Shadorun, full stop. Everyone at work knows that bringing up Shadowrun during an interview is a fast way to get in my good graces. That said, the final product was great…if short. I’ve never wanted to mod anything so badly, and if I wasn’t so engrossed in Inquisition work that’s exactly what I’d do.
Ah, Gaider, SR was long enough given what it was. "At least it's not a tiresome slog like the NWN campaigns" is one of the better things you can say about it.

Frozen

Arcane
It will probably be better shit than DA2 unless they completely fuck up the story again.Bioware started to smell when their writers started believing they are talented people.Bio games were always targeted for 12-year olds and 40-year old virgins but at least they didn't try to be creative.When they did it showed mediocrity and incompetence of people working in gaming industry.And its no better in other companies.RPGs are no high art, most of them are boring shit.The thing that separates semi-entertaining shit from utter crap is that people making semi entertaining shit knows their limitations.Its strange how fast they fall from their best game ME2 ( to me better than anything they made including BG2 ) to utter bore DA2.Play it safe Biowhores: 4 magical cupcakes done in random order that triggers the big bad nasty end game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom