Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

Delterius

Arcane
Then mod the game to swap staves and their shots into crossbows and bolts.

DraQ

Arcane
Hmmm...

*looks up Zevran*
*finds concept art*
Zevran_Concept_Art.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jesus Fucking Christ, were they for real?

Glyphwright

Don't worry, they didn't forget to reuse that outfit for half the mage robes in the game.

meryn_surana_again_by_shaleene1-d3juaqq.png

Giant wooly shoulder pads, ultra-deep chest cleavage for male, three sets of crisscross threads/belts, almost naked arms regardless of climate - I think Faggot was supposed to be a playable class here. Don't forget the giant toilet unclogger hanging unsupported behind his back.

DraQ

Arcane
At least I now know what studio could improve by hiring people responsible for Oblivion's armor and outfit design - this shit here is even gayer than Slof's armor mods somehow (maybe because Slof seems to be an actual female interested in actual men as opposed to this... this... *waves hand at the pictures at loss for words* ).

No idea what the issue is. Flamboyant, over the top, and entirely impractical? Screw it, at least it's entertaining, and if you're going to have dumb outfits then you should just go the full mile. I'd rather that than pauldrons you can land small aircraft on.

I mean, you can do neither, but... well... something something unique visual design.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
With bioware's attraction to cosplaying I wonder how many pet parrots have been victimized to satisfy all the retarded children
P.S. Google search put me in despair...
6933691_orig.jpg

Caim

Arcane
At least I now know what studio could improve by hiring people responsible for Oblivion's armor and outfit design - this shit here is even gayer than Slof's armor mods somehow (maybe because Slof seems to be an actual female interested in actual men as opposed to this... this... *waves hand at the pictures at loss for words* ).
Slof is indeed a woman, and has never been shy about the reason why she does this: she really likes hot naked dudes with huge dicks.

At least she doesn't wave around vague bullshit like it's art, it's historically accurate, it's just digital stuff, they're not real people so no damage is done yaddayaddayadda. She's in it for the fanservice and never claims otherwise. And I cannot help but respect her for that.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Glorious Bioware knows best. It looks just FABULOUS, not drab like Amano's drawings. :codexisfor:

1kOpSje.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
More disaster prediction from Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai...ideo-game-catastrophe-dragon-age-inquisition/

Another Possible Video Game Catastrophe For 2014: 'Dragon Age: Inquisition'

Recently Forbes’ Paul Tassi took a swing at the predictions bat: The biggest video game disaster of 2014 will be The Elder Scrolls Online, largely due to its reliance on a subscription revenue model.

That’s a pretty safe bet. A while back I wrote a similar piece, arguing that the new MMO should have adopted the buy-once, play forever model of Guild Wars 2. There’s certainly a huge risk in adopting a subscription model in an age of free-to-play.

But there’s another candidate for disaster: Dragon Age: Inquisition, from EA and BioWare. Indeed, Paul uses BioWare’s Star Wars: The Old RepublicMMO as one reason why TESO might be such a disaster.

Glancing over the past few games BioWare has released, there’s reason to be worried about the next Dragon Age. Mass Effect 3 was easily the most controversial title of 2012, and Dragon Age 2 was widely criticized as a step down from Origins. Then there’s the aforementioned Star Wars MMO.

BioWare, in other words, has already missed three times at bat on their last three major releases

I’m actually really excited for Inquisition. Everything I’ve seen about the game so far looks great. Multiple playable races are back, as is an optional top-down tactical view. The game looks gorgeous, and promises even more customization options than Origins. And, perhaps most importantly, it’s been in development for quite a while already, so we don’t have to worry about this being a rush job like Dragon Age 2.

All the hopeful signs point to a great single-player RPG; but there’s plenty of reasons to worry that this will not be the case, if only because of BioWare’s recent problems at bat.

Of course, for BioWare to salvage its good name and restore its brand, Inquisition needs to be a great game. It must be head and shoulders above anything they’ve done in years, and stand up to the competition—The Witcher 3 in particular. EA and BioWare need to hit this one out of the park. They simply can’t afford another disaster.

EA in particular, especially with the SimCity and Battlefield 4 debacles fresh in gamers’ minds, needs something remarkable to win back trust and confidence.

If Dragon Age: Inquisition isn’t an incredible game, the fallout will be huge. Financially, it may not be the calamity of a failed MMO like The Elder Scrolls Online. But EA risks more damage to its reputation and BioWare risks falling into obscurity.

I remain optimistic that this will be the game that gets BioWare back on its feet. But if I’m wrong, well, 2014 could be a very interesting year for the video game industry.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
More disaster prediction from Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai...ideo-game-catastrophe-dragon-age-inquisition/

Another Possible Video Game Catastrophe For 2014: 'Dragon Age: Inquisition'

That still looks so wrong to me for some reason. Like someone gave Bioware the freedom to make as detailed models and textures as they need, but didn't give them any artistic talent to back it up with, so they're operating on sheer raw power that Frostbite engine can provide. Doubly so because it's a promotional screenshot meant to showcase how impressive the game is supposed to look like.

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
BS article. I predict that DAI will be one of the better 'recent' Bioware rpg's. It will be a good looking rpg with decent/passable story, same amount of C&C as in origins and fun, casual but simple RTWP tactical combat. Nothing to get truely excited about but a nice, fun time killer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom