Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Thankfully I doubt Gaider is getting paid by the word or we would be on page 240 by the time we got to the color of Morrigans lace and silk underwear.

Last edited:

eremita

Savant
It's because of a lack of something better.
What do you mean by that? Everyone who currently playing Bioware games has an internet, which is limitless sourse of entertainment of various forms, that contains both modern works and the classical ones, which age varying from hundred years old to thousands ones. And it only require to look around and not only going along with hype. Saying that there is no available alternatives to ME games in terms of story is one of the worst forms of blashemy.

Alpha Protocol :smug:
That one is lacking in many many other ways... Next?

The thing is, there is no other game like ME and that is partial reason for its succes.

The "problem" with ME is that it's not really a dumb game for casual fuckers with no taste. And, of course, neither it is hardcore masterpiece... People claiming that the series is dumb are exactly as ridiculous as annoying fanboys.The whole trilogy is a mess. It's made for fucking everyone. There are parts which i really love a find inspiring and original and there are also parts which are cringeworthy, awkward and just... well, dumb... It's like their vision is constantly shifting, with Mass Effect1 being the only part of the trilogy with "strong soul" and their employes are on the one hand quite smart and talented and on the other infantile degenerates. Did they want their game to be quite clever and grounded sci-fi? Fucking space opera? Dating simulator? Comedy? Cynical drama? Hard to tell, they want it to be everything. If you like/hate Mass Effect depends on how much are you paying attention to its cons/pros.

Also, I really think that writing of the first Mass Effect is better than in Alpha Protocol.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Morrigan is a Bioware character. They are entitled to do whatever the hell they want with her.
But they're taking my rawr rawr I hate humans girl away from me

Leliana and Zevran are most likely hidden under the dress, eating Morrigan out, regardless if you killed them or not
Them rising from the dead each time so I can kill them again would probably be even more satisfying than them staying dead

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I think he meant both. Probably a token post-main story wilderness area thrown in for the base game, and then six or seven pieces of 1-hour $9.99 DLC taking place in previously explored areas and featuring Felicia Day.

Xeon

Augur
Kinda hope it will be similar to Bethesda's type (FO3 last DLC (I think) and Elder Scroll). Ones that add flavor texts that kinda react to the end of the main story line and not like the Mass Effect type where I'll be back on my ship and act like nothing happened.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
"When we look around at the future of RPGs, we believe what people want is the quality of BioWare storytelling brought into a living, open world experience," said executive producer Mark Darrah. "Rather than a static world where the landscape never changes, you will physically change the world through your actions in the game."

He said that the game will focus on its Leadership system, that places a focus on teamwork and party controls. "With numerous endings, plus hundreds of additional permutations and the ability to continue adventuring after the game's main story has finished, Dragon Age: Inquisition has evolved BioWare's critically acclaimed games into a world for players to get lost in and enjoy for hundreds of hours."
quality of BioWare
quality of BioWare
quality of BioWare
a world for players to get lost

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Oh god they really went through with their I want to be a Skyrim plan for this didn't they.

Grinolf

Arcane

So Bioware promises us the return of sweet times, when one could wandered for hours while searching for that damn Cavern of the Incarnate? But for some reason I don't think, that it's what he meant. And it just too good to be true.

dryan

Arcane
They lowered the bar so much with DA2, that whatever they release will be a step up, Skyrim clone or not.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Socially stunted nerds find it impossible to believe that someone can change over a decade later.

Gaider blog about milestones http://dgaider.tumblr.com/post/75810721591/on-the-meaning-of-playable
Eventually we get to Alpha, which is also known as ‘content complete’, which is when all the first pass work should be in. All the levels should have actual level art. All the writing should exist. All the talents should be in. Music and ambiance is now a thing. None of it is polished yet, and there’s going to be lots of iteration, but once we hit Alpha the big drops of content should stop and we’re focusing more on getting all those separate things to work nicely together. We’re going to selectively cut content before we completely re-work it. We’re testing things over and over, and the number of bugs will increase exponentially.

It’s at this point that the game starts to assemble itself in front of your eyes and the fun appears, and the pace of change increases exponentially. Indeed, things will improve on a daily basis. This thing you were certain was a piece of crap that would never get its act together magically transforms into something that, hey, we could maybe ship and not be embarrassed by. That’s the march towards Beta or ‘first shippable’. You might not want to ship it at that point, but technically you could. From that point on it’s all bug-fixing and polish, and something is much sooner cut than added. You’re going to be fighting that ever-growing mountain of bugs all the way to release.
Can you imagine Wasteland 2's beta being a shippable product? :lol:

Athelas

Arcane
This bit says a lot about Bioware's writing process:
Some of the dialogue has VO recorded, but much of it is robotic TTS (Text To Speech), and some of the writing isn’t even done (instead of speaking, a character might say ‘This is where I talk to you about how sad I am.’)

Declinator

Arbiter
Socially stunted nerds find it impossible to believe that someone can change over a decade later.

What can change the nature of a man?
  • "I...don't know"
  • "Love"
  • "Hatred"
  • "Power"
  • "Greed"
  • "Betrayal"
  • "Death"
  • "Regret"
  • "Age"
  • "Suffering"
  • "Success"
  • "The Planes"
  • "You, Ravel. As you changed my nature forever."
  • "Nothing can change the nature of a man, Ravel."
  • "I cannot answer that question..."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom