Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

Caim

Arcane
Didn't Amalur have like four different kinds of Elves running around?

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Amalure had Sidhe instead of Banal Shit Boring Gay Elves... and Cards system... and sand box play instead of old Biowhore 4 planets Adventures + Hub system; And no Waifus or Emotional Engagement what's ever.

True. Molyneux tried to make a light hearted RPG, but Fable was too bland even for that. Amalur, if you aren't 100 % completionist can be fun. Played it with hot female rogue and it was ok. DA is just borefest, played it two times. The first and the last.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Played Amalure 100% with both DLCs... but only once this kind of LULZ powered games are for one time consumption only, playing Two Worlds 2 now. :MIts good to eat hamburgers and fries from time to time.

P.S. Failed to mention how well optimized and stable this game is compared to Bethpizda bugfest; BFG got some talent but not in marketing or long time management.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Banalur had Elves, they were just called Alfar.
the (elven races of the) fae are elves too. seelie/unseelie or amalur's summer/winter court divisions might as well be the result of cultural contamination by norse invaders with their light and dark elves. the inclusion of both variants and making the mundane variant a playable race only serves to enhance the mystical nature of the unplayable one :obviously:

sorry, i just realized i am arguing for amalur being much deeper than it actually is... but still, i think somebody liked working on that game, despite its many flaws, and poured a little heart into it.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Played Amalure 100% with both DLCs

House-of-Cards-But-Why.gif

Deleted member 7219

Kingdoms of Amalur is totally without merit, but it is fun for just running around in I guess. Felt the same way about Two Worlds, but at least Two Worlds tried hard.

so one shitty developer is disbanding his staff and second shitty developer is incline to employ them. i see no innocence there dude:M

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
So this Dragon Age game will finally be about an age of dragons, right guys?

Right?

:negative:

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Looks like Skyrim. In that it'll probably be a game you'll like and keep coming back to, and then some dozen hours later you think it's the worst rpg ever.

EDIT: Wait, hold on a second. . Landscapes and voice overs, and then a dragon at the end? Look familiar to anyone else?
Blatantware©.

Last edited:

Caim

Arcane
Never played Dragon Age, so I ask those of you who have: what exactly did that trailer show aside from a series of locales?

kris

Arcane
There was some nice pieces of enviroments/places there, including some blatant rip-off:
Giants-Causeway-Ireland-rocks.jpg

But in the end I think the ones making these games would learn a lot just from travelling around the world. If imagination fails then there is many amazing things out there. Overall it seems they fall into a common trap, if something doesn't look awesome enough, put it on a dramatic rock/mountain landscape.

hiver

Seems they even copied the waterfall "FX" and textures. Not to mention title and closing credits and that dunmer underground cave city with fucking yellow-gold armors on NPCs.
no shame left.

Never played Dragon Age, so I ask those of you who have: what exactly did that trailer show aside from a series of locales?
nothing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom