Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

Tytus

Arcane
Socially stunted nerds find it impossible to believe that someone can change over a decade later.

What can change the nature of a man?
  • "I...don't know"
  • "Love"
  • "Hatred"
  • "Power"
  • "Greed"
  • "Betrayal"
  • "Death"
  • "Regret"
  • "Age"
  • "Suffering"
  • "Success"
  • "The Planes"
  • "You, Ravel. As you changed my nature forever."
  • "Nothing can change the nature of a man, Ravel."
  • "I cannot answer that question..."

Hatred. It's the most powerful emotion there is. When you really hate him, you hate him with your gut. But when you love somebody it's a flimsy emotion that can be easily destroyed by sense of betrayal, "growing apart", egoism etc. You can forget your friends, but you do not forget your enemies.
Hatred is pure, Love is not.

:rpgcodex:

Tytus

Arcane

:lol:

I thought EA stated ALL the games they make will have Multi-player. So a survey is pointless, but probably just a PR piece.

But it is still the customer choice. One someone will question the multiplayer they will just say that the survey said people wanted it. Regardless if it was true or not, because they will never release the real votes, and I even doubt they write them down. But it's still a customer choice!

racofer

Thread Incliner
Socially stunted nerds find it impossible to believe that someone can change over a decade later.

• "I...don't know"
  • "Love"
  • "Hatred"
  • "Power"
  • "Greed"
  • "Betrayal"
  • "Death"
  • "Regret"
  • "Age"
  • "Suffering"
  • "Success"
  • "The Planes"

Hatred. It's the most powerful emotion there is. When you really hate him, you hate him with your gut. But when you love somebody it's a flimsy emotion that can be easily destroyed by sense of betrayal, "growing apart", egoism etc. You can forget your friends, but you do not forget your enemies.

kuLOsNI.png

Repaired.

Tytus

Arcane

• "I...don't know"
  • "Love"
  • "Hatred"
  • "Power"
  • "Greed"
  • "Betrayal"
  • "Death"
  • "Regret"
  • "Age"
  • "Suffering"
  • "Success"
  • "The Planes"

kuLOsNI.png

Repaired.

Thank you fo the fix.

butthurt.jpg

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

• "I...don't know"
  • "Love"
  • "Hatred"
  • "Power"
  • "Greed"
  • "Betrayal"
  • "Death"
  • "Regret"
  • "Age"
  • "Suffering"
  • "Success"
  • "The Planes"

20130207121427!Emperor_RotJ.png

My fix is better :smug:

Caim

Arcane

• "I...don't know"
  • "Love"
  • "Hatred"
  • "Power"
  • "Greed"
  • "Betrayal"
  • "Death"
  • "Regret"
  • "Age"
  • "Suffering"
  • "Success"
  • "The Planes"

2:20 for the answer.

Psquit

Arcane
Faggot age better than the twitcher? gtfo faggots.

dragon age origins was butchered and sold most of it content as dlc

Golem dlc
funeral dlc
keep 1+ ability dlc
bunch of items dlc
witch waifu dlc

bunch of shitty campaigns dlc

hell i bet dragon turd inquisition is going to have more dlc than mass effect 2 and 3 combined

Baldurs gate successor? more like generic Jrpg successor. Guyz itz gonna be better than the twitcher cauze i can play pretty dress up with my characters.

also the waifus are shit. Morrigan? Leliana? zebran(lolWootM8)?

Shani master race. Bitch is a medic and help plague victims and almost gets raped by knights.
200px-People_Shani_full.png

eremita

Savant

• "I...don't know"
  • "Love"
  • "Hatred"
  • "Power"
  • "Greed"
  • "Betrayal"
  • "Death"
  • "Regret"
  • "Age"
  • "Suffering"
  • "Success"
  • "The Planes"

Bullshit. There is nothing like "most powerful emotion". All emotions are very dependent on one's personality - they're subjective in the most pure sense of that word. There are people who are incapable of hatred, yet their suffering might be beyond imagination (just compare emotions and feelings of "normal" people and people with diagnosed depression etc. etc.). Emotions are experiences, thus they could change you. Any significant experience can change your beliefs, goals, reasoning - your "nature".

I guess it's not very poetic but all of those answers in Ravel's question could be placed under "emotional experience" answer. Or that more general answer, which would probably fit the atmosphere of PT better, could be "Time"...

I also don't consider "Regret" to be an emotion. Regret is a state of mind and it actually often indicates that your "nature" is already changing. And if I remember PT right, regret is the ultimate answer for NO's story...

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
"A wild competitor appears"(tm)

It seems they trolled biowhores even with the way they wrote game name in the last minute of the video

Caim

Arcane
It looks like Amalur except with more Dragon Age. Though I'm not yet sure from which game they took the better parts.

What better parts?

Not trying to be edgy, I'm completely serious this time. Dragon age 1 had the nightmare mod and somewhat tactical combat system going for it and that was it. Otherwise it was painfully mediocre. Amalur had literally 0 redeeming features. From bland to retarded lore to popamole consolised combat system with no groundbreaking abilities to make it even remotely interesting. And let's be fair, the way combat worked, it absolutely needed something like that.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin

• "I...don't know"
  • "Love"
  • "Hatred"
  • "Power"
  • "Greed"
  • "Betrayal"
  • "Death"
  • "Regret"
  • "Age"
  • "Suffering"
  • "Success"
  • "The Planes"

Hatred is just a different angle to the same emotion, I.e. Care.

Psquit

Arcane
Suffering is the best answer. In order to live you have to suffer if you dont suffer you dont learn anything.

Amalure had Sidhe instead of Banal Shit Boring Gay Elves... and Cards system... and sand box play instead of old Biowhore 4 planets Adventures + Hub system; And no Waifus or Emotional Engagement what's ever.

Were Sidhe the Fae? I only made it to the capital before I uninstalled. If so, then they were the same as elves pretty much weren't they?

And Cards system simply dictated the way you were gonna play. Nothing unique or interesting about it. Thought the fact that you could change between them at will was good.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Were Sidhe the Fae? I only made it to the capital before I uninstalled. If so, then they were the same as elves pretty much weren't they?
the term elves is overloaded. nowadays an elf is basically just a longer living human with possibly a tree/archery fetish and pointy ears. the fae in amalur are a direct translation of the sidhe, so they still have all that mystical and magical flair that elves (in games like dao) lack.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom