Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

Borelli

Arcane
Graphics seem less colorful than in the last trailer so at least that's a good thing. But then last trailer had a desert and crystal caverns which cannot not shine brightly.

Lhynn

Arcane
Kingdoms of Amalur is totally without merit, but it is fun for just running around in I guess. Felt the same way about Two Worlds, but at least Two Worlds tried hard.
The thing you mean to say is that TWII didnt feel like a hollow and shallow piece of shit, and yes, i agree.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This is the best trailer they released so far - no terrible animations, no annoying companions, no retarded dialogue, just scenery.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is the best trailer they released so far - no terrible animations, no annoying companions, no retarded dialogue, just scenery.

The only way for modern devs to not embarrass themselves in promotional material is to put nothing in it. :lol:

Delterius

Arcane
Ooh, pretty graphics. That's good, because the reason I hated DAII was because it didn't have pretty enough graphics. :decline:

To be fair

DA2+lol+graphics.jpg

imweasel

They are trying really hard to attract the Skyrim Fags who think the best part of an "RPG" is hiking and climbing mountains.

DemonKing

Arcane
Well, they seem to have done good things with the Frostbite 3 engine. Let's hope the gameplay is a match.

So this Dragon Age game will finally be about an age of dragons, right guys?

I can see potential in that. In an actual 'age' of dragons, being a dragon would be the equivalent of just being a random dude. I'd play a game full of dragon janitors, dragon drug-dealers, dragon bureaucrats and dragon used-cart-salesmen, where the main quest is 'oh shit - there's a HUMAN with his lair somewhere down there!'

Unfortunately, I can't see Bioware's take on it going past including numerous varieties of hawt dragon sex.

hiver

They could take a lessons from CDPR how to make a "World of..." trailers properly, for sure.
All the better they didnt.

If anything, this schlock will bomb all the harder because Witcher 3 will have even that better. Lest hope for final and ultimate ... restructuring in EA follows.

- good to see ya back, mang.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Shrug, I think the game looks gorgeous, visually. Nothing against it to say, that's a lot of effort they put in and the art style is a lot more interesting and refined than the first two games'. This might be the first BioWare game with really solid character animation too, if those short clips are anything to go by.

Yeah, it's channeling Skyrim pretty hard, but... well, Skyrim sold 20 million copies or whatever, I can't blame them for targeting the same players. And I definitely would like to see BioWare at least go in some new directions.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Targeting the same players does not mean copying videos and artstyles though. Skyrim was popular because it was a new entry, in a franchise, that arrived at the right time, with a great big budget and being known for open world free-movement gameplay which no other game had in a market that focusses on restricting players. This all facilitating exponential word-of-mouth hype. The whole viking fad and promotional videos are just a by product. Still, it's always been the obvious safe route as explained in "Marketing your product, for dummies."

Anyhow, whilst watching the video I had to repress my "maybe it'll be a fun timesink!" feeling pretty hard. So maybe it won't be bad. I'm surpressing that idea though, yeah. Since I never finished or liked either Dragon Age 1 or 2.

Looks good.

Can't wait to see awkward underwear sex animations with these graphics.
All it ever got them was ridicule, and the same rating as the witcher which has full nudity. I'm sure they won't do that again, fade to black would be the best option.

Those are some nice visuals though, not that that means much. I haven't really heard anything I didn't like yet in regards to this game. Seems like it'll be an improvement over the previous titles, but yeah the Skyrim shit is getting old. I vaguely remember a video where a dude had a torch walkng in a cavern and it was hilariously similar to the skyrim trailers, they should play to their own strengths..whatever those are.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Shrug, I think the game looks gorgeous, visually. Nothing against it to say, that's a lot of effort they put in and the art style is a lot more interesting and refined than the first two games'.

I am not sure about the art style. The buildings, trees etc. look good, but the undead or whatever they are called in DA universe are the same like in previous games and I think they look terrible. And what's up with that 'blight' shit, why they are trying to put it everywhere?

This might be the first BioWare game with really solid character animation too, if those short clips are anything to go by.

Hopefully.

SausageInYourFace

Codexian Sausage
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
So this Dragon Age game will finally be about an age of dragons, right guys?
I can see potential in that. In an actual 'age' of dragons, being a dragon would be the equivalent of just being a random dude. I'd play a game full of dragon janitors, dragon drug-dealers, dragon bureaucrats and dragon used-cart-salesmen, where the main quest is 'oh shit - there's a HUMAN with his lair somewhere down there!'
Ta-daa! :cool:

LivingOne

Savant
Dragon Age Inquisition Character Kit #3 – Vivienne

To Vivienne, there are no impractical clothes, only impractical people. Her magnificent attire is a sign of her station, the jewel of the high court of Orlais where wealth, power, and beauty are inextricably linked.
A thousand arrows would pierce her breast before Vivienne would don beaten steel for so base an urge as protection. If one must wear armor, then have it flatter the form. Hide it beneath fine fabrics more becoming of one’s status, for steel alone will not protect you from the barbed tongues of Orlais.
To dress for comfort or purpose is a scandal—fashion and splendor are all that matter to Vivienne. Shower yourself in gold, let only the finest silks grace your skin, and wear a king’s ransom in pearls and silver upon your feet. Leave the stained tunics and rough cloaks to the commoners and their mud farms–a proper Orlesian climbs mountains in her evening gown, standing taller at the summit in her formidable high-heeled shoes.

Download the guide here

ReferenceVivienne Front
Vivienne Back
Vivienne Head (front)
Vivienne Head (profile)
Vivienne Back (details)
Vivienne Waist
Vivienne Boot
Vivienne Hand

Looking for other kits? Find them here:
Varric and Cassandra
Morrigan

http://blog.bioware.com/2014/03/07/character-kit-3-vivienne/

:lol:

Well,at least they finally admitted their characters are dumb.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
They're simultaneously contorting themselves to justify their designs while shrugging their shoulders and going "eh, whatever". Now women are wearing protective armor carefully hidden under uncomfortable-by-design evening gowns while showing plenty of cleavage and climbing mountains in high heels.

dryan

Arcane
I like any excuse that gives me cleavage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom