Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

Shadenuat

Arcane
oh god it's DA2 bullshit comic design again "cause we want to make them like super heroas"

And dat heardress, Viviene took advice from either Padme Amidala or this guy

seymour.jpg

Last edited:

eremita

Savant
They're simultaneously contorting themselves to justify their designs while shrugging their shoulders and going "eh, whatever". Now women are wearing protective armor carefully hidden under uncomfortable-by-design evening gowns while showing plenty of cleavage and climbing mountains in high heels.
Nah, they're trying to simulate minds of feudals/aristocracy - your typical stylised, arrogant and snobbish lord looking and acting like an idiot among practical soldiers... http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...V_of_France.jpg/422px-Louis_XIV_of_France.jpg (and no, those guys and gals didn't dress like that just for posing when painted...)

I have nothing against that idea if they pull it right. That said, the only way to make it right is to ridicule these arrogant fucks.

Diversity man, I don't mind if fancy Vailian republic negress thinks wearing armour is dumb, she's a mage anyway as far as I can see, stone armor and shit like that.

Cassandra_Pentaghast.jpg
I'm sure a practical bitch like this will put her in her place, it happened with Aveline and Isabela.

Last edited:
Practical = random-ass studs all over the place?

I mean, it's better than spikes, but it just looks silly. Unless she's pioneering a new style in brigandine crotch-flaps, I suppose.

Angthoron

Arcane
Looks like neither realistic enough, nor having enough belts on the characters to be proper badasses.

Fuck this.

hiver

Looks like some idiotic cosplay costume - which they will probably sell - on a side, for their retarded audience.

Looks good.

Can't wait to see awkward underwear sex animations with these graphics.
All it ever got them was ridicule, and the same rating as the witcher which has full nudity. I'm sure they won't do that again, fade to black would be the best option.

It also got them a really really creepy fanbase.

If this was going to be open-world, we'd have heard about it over and over and over again. Game journalists and Bioware PR flakes alike would be shouting about how all crpgs would have been open-world sandboxes all along if it wasn't for the restrictive technology of the Xbox360 and PS3.

Which means that Bioware thinks they can tap Bethesda's open-world sandbox fanbase with their usual 'intro hub --> town hub --> combat hub 1 --> combat hub 2 --> combat hub 3 --> endgame' because they think Skyrim sold so much because of the viking style.

:hmmm:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I certainly believe Bioware (or maybe EA, this could have been their idea) is stupid and out of touch enough to think that way.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
It will still sell massive amounts of copies. Biodrones have very short memories and will be quick to forget how badly ME 3 raped their wallets with shitty content and DLC's once a few pre-order baubles are waved in their faces.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Biodrones aren't all that big of an audience, though. And considering that DA3 has been in development for 3 years, it probably needs to sell around 5 million copies or so to break even, maybe more.

imweasel

It will still have the Dragon Age style map, the areas on the map will just be much larger.

imweasel

Biodrones aren't all that big of an audience, though. And considering that DA3 has been in development for 3 years, it probably needs to sell around 5 million copies or so to break even, maybe more.
Dragon Age: Origins sold like 6 or 7 million copies. Bioware does have an audience, quite a large one too.

Dragon Age: Origins sold like 6 or 7 million copies. Bioware does have an audience, quite a large one too.
more like 3.5 million sold as of 2010. i doubt they sold another 3 milion in next 3 years.

also origins sold more than heavily advertised mass effect 3:lol:

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
They never said it's gonna be openworld. Just a few large areas.:M
On their site and in all their marketing they keep using that word though.

In this upcoming video game from BioWare, makers of Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age: Origins, you’ll make your mark in an expansive, story-driven open world filled with complex characters, challenging combat and difficult decisions.

I'm sure most people will forget to be disappointed when it is revealed to just be the usual hubs after they've solved the black Maleficent and the arab tomboy's daddy issues and seen their self insert hump their underwear.

imweasel

VGChartz says 4.5 million physical copies have been sold on all platforms. That of course doesn't include Steam and other digital distribution services of course.

Do with it what you will.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
"Open world" in Bioware speak means large area-based segments with loading screens, like BG. The Frostbite engine is primarily designed for first-person shooters/action games, so it's not comparable to what Skyrim or Fallout 3 is capable of.

Besides, did I mention before that DA:I looks like fucking Fable?

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm more interested in whether or not it will be an action-RPG with one click==one attack. Has somebody made that clear yet?

Xor

Arcane
VGChartz says 4.5 million physical copies have been sold on all platforms. That of course doesn't include Steam and other digital distribution services of course.

Do with it what you will.
The 3 million number comes from an EA press releaase, and is actually shipped and not sold (which means the sales figures are lower). I seriously doubt that vgchartz figure is accurate. The game probably did OK on steam, though, and that combined with physical sales after 2010 could very well put the final sales figure close to 4 million.

Keep in mind that DA2 sold abysmally and people hated it, and ME3 was so bad that it became notorious throughout the entire gaming community. Bioware has probably eroded their fanbase somewhat.

dryan

Arcane
I'm more interested in whether or not it will be an action-RPG with one click==one attack. Has somebody made that clear yet?
Would that even work in a party centric RPG where you control all the members?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom