Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

It's not a medieval setting, it's a magical fantasy setting. There's spells that let you turn into a swarm of bees, you don't think they could swap out a cock for a nice minge and pair of tits if they wanted to?
Realisticaly yes. It's only logical that there would be a female mage with cock envy or a perverted old mage who made that spell.
That doesn't mean that it isn't a completely riddiculous thing to have in a game. By the same logic you should be able to dominate minds and take every character you want on the spot, because in a setting where mind control is posible, that would be one of the first things someone would devise a spell for.
You can do that in Arcanum
Arcanum is a :obviously: cRPG.. none of the faggotry filled RPGwannabes that Bioware makes.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I wouldn't really care about this shit if it felt natural and like it was in the story because it seemed liked a truly good idea. Instead in Bioware games it feels like forced social justice crusading and stands out like a sore thumb.

Grimlorn

Arcane
There was a tranny NPC in DA2. You got a quest reward of sleeping with a prostitute. I went to talk to the prostitutes and there was an option to "think about it" and talk to another prostitute, but as soon as you spoke to the tranny it was a guy's voice with a girl's name and then cut to the bedroom implying you slept together, with no option to cancel. It was a nice little troll, but in retrospect just forces more faggotry on the player. (Now that he's come out gay, and made those comments about including trans in games) If Gaider had his way you'd probably have a trans in your party, even though they make up a lot less than 1 percent of the population.

wait...what the hell is the Q in LGBTQ anyway?
Queer, probably.
In addition to referring to LGBT-identifying people, it can also encompass: pansexual, pomosexual, intersexual, genderqueer, asexual and autosexual people, and even gender normative heterosexuals whose sexual orientations or activities place them outside the heterosexual-defined mainstream, e.g., BDSM practitioners, or polyamorous persons.
But maybe they are Queen fans, who knows.

Grimlorn

Arcane
says Questioning when I googled it. Probably someone not sure about their sexuality. Queer should fall under gay.

2house2fly

Magister
As far as I understand it "queer" nowadays is a blanket term for "not straight" and possibly not cissexual either.
I wouldn't really care about this shit if it felt natural and like it was in the story because it seemed liked a truly good idea. Instead in Bioware games it feels like forced social justice crusading and stands out like a sore thumb.
I kind of wonder if it stands out so much because nobody else is doing it. I mean a male player can marry a man in Fallout 2, but that's played for laughs. There's same-sex marriages in Skyrim(and Fable I think) and you can flirt with characters of the same sex in New Vegas, but that's not exactly Romance Content in the same way as, say, Steve from Mass Effect 3 is.

says Questioning when I googled it. Probably someone not sure about their sexuality. Queer should fall under gay.
I googled it also, and it seems both definitions are valid, for whatever reason. Probably to add meaninglessness.
GjvkXxP.png

Grimlorn

Arcane
So now they've claimed the kids that haven't figured out their sexuality yet because they're too young. The LGBT community is getting stronger everyday.

pansexual, pomosexual, intersexual, genderqueer, asexual and autosexual people

what the fuck is all this?
Pomosexual is a portmanteau of the terms pomo (an abbreviation of postmodernism) and sexual; it is a neologism not only used to describe a person who avoids sexual orientation labels such as heterosexual and homosexual,[1] but also describes someone who is sexually attracted to the Post Modernist movement. It is not to be confused with asexuality, which is a sexual orientation used to describe an individual who does not experience sexual attraction.[2]
Pomosexuality is formed by adding the prefix pomo- (shorthand for postmodern) to the adjective -sexual, and is used in reference to oneself as a protest against such labels.[3]

pansexual (plural pansexuals) Someone who is attracted to all types of people regardless of gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation.

intersexed (of an individual) Intersexed, having characteristics of both sexes. Recently the term intersex has been preferred to hermaphrodite as being more scientifically and politically correct.

genderqueer Of a person who identifies as (has a gender identity which is) neither male nor female, but outside of the gender binary and/or gender spectrum.

autosexual - well, that's obvious - narcissist who faps at himself.

Don't ask me about differences between genderqueer, pansexual and pomosexual, because I don't see any.

pansexual, pomosexual, intersexual, genderqueer, asexual and autosexual people

what the fuck is all this?
Pomosexual is a portmanteau of the terms pomo (an abbreviation of postmodernism) and sexual; it is a neologism not only used to describe a person who avoids sexual orientation labels such as heterosexual and homosexual,[1] but also describes someone who is sexually attracted to the Post Modernist movement. It is not to be confused with asexuality, which is a sexual orientation used to describe an individual who does not experience sexual attraction.[2]
Pomosexuality is formed by adding the prefix pomo- (shorthand for postmodern) to the adjective -sexual, and is used in reference to oneself as a protest against such labels.[3]

pansexual (plural pansexuals) Someone who is attracted to all types of people regardless of gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation.

intersexed (of an individual) Intersexed, having characteristics of both sexes. Recently the term intersex has been preferred to hermaphrodite as being more scientifically and politically correct.

genderqueer Of a person who identifies as (has a gender identity which is) neither male nor female, but outside of the gender binary and/or gender spectrum.

autosexual - well, that's obvious - narcissist who faps at himself.

Don't ask me about differences between genderqueer, pansexual and pomosexual, because I don't see any.
there are none. they all fucking whinny uncertain morons. at least faggots take it up their asses like a real man:M

Grimlorn

Arcane
@Stain It was a joke about them claiming every kid under 10 years old that hasn't figured out whether they like boys or girls or both because they are too young.

It was a joke about them claiming every kid under 10 years old that hasn't figured out whether they like boys or girls or both because they are too young.
Ah. I see.
- Да не, дяденька, я не настоящий сварщик, я просто маску на стройке нашел.©
33xvkm0.png
:lol:

Last edited:
but also describes someone who is sexually attracted to the Post Modernist movement.
Um... what? Isn't that some kind of art style thing?

Sure, I've seen fetishes taht are far worse, but... Post Modernism? Really?
It's probably some insider trolling on transwiki, or something. Because it really looks like pansexuality, only with "cooler" name. Word Spy doesn't mention attraction to post-modern movement.
Urban Dictionary sums it better:
Pomosexual
Like the current use of "queer," but for assholes.
Adam: "I used to think I was bi, but I realized that sexuality is so much more complicated than that. What does that make me?"

Dave: "Queer?"

Adam: "But I'm also a sesquipedalian circumloquacious obscurantist douchebag, and I want to keep my liberation confined to the academically privileged."

Dave: "Oh! You're totally pomosexual."

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Gay men are 'fighting' for the right to call themselves lesbians. .
People get offended by simple words for genders. .
I am ashamed to live in the first world.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Gay men are 'fighting' for the right to call themselves lesbians.
I am ashamed to live in the first world.

I wish people like that fought for the right to be called a moron. I would happily support their cause.

RPGMaster

Savant
As far as I understand it "queer" nowadays is a blanket term for "not straight" and possibly not cissexual either.
I kind of wonder if it stands out so much because nobody else is doing it. I mean a male player can marry a man in Fallout 2, but that's played for laughs. There's same-sex marriages in Skyrim(and Fable I think) and you can flirt with characters of the same sex in New Vegas, but that's not exactly Romance Content in the same way as, say, Steve from Mass Effect 3 is.

Not vomit-inducing shit?

Caim

Arcane
The way Steve's romance was handled was a fucking atrocity. But it was far from the worst romance in ME3.

Rake

Arcane
I used to think I was bi, but I realized that sexuality is so much more complicated than that. What does that make me?"
An idiot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom