Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Oberon

Learned
9ma9km.jpeg

It's over, bros. Bear sex will have nothing on this game.
These people are profoundly mentally ill holy shit.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Well when this too falls on its ass it'll be one more card on the teetering house of cards that is this nonsense agenda. Eventually it must collapse.

Although perhaps they have demographics numbers that indicate these groups are the whales, that would prop it up.

I'm often reminded of the book 'Forever War' when the vets come back and its been like a thousand years they have been in cryosleep and the entire world has turned gay to control the birth rate. It's so shocking they immediately turn around and sign up for another tour.

Dr1f7

Scholar
Flemeth was especially jarring. With qunari, I could sort of suspend my disbelief, because at least they acted sort of like what Sten described them as, but Flemeth looked and acted like a different person.

According to Gaider those two models (Qunari and Flementh) were designed during Origins days, but they ran out of time/money to finish them. So when they started working on DA2 decided to use them or make it "like the Klingon thing" to quote him. And that "those models are so cool nobody will care"

He said as much in one of the long form Dragon Age retrospectives he decided to do an interview for.
I thought Flemeth was because she's a shapeshifter and in 2 and Inquisition she doesn't bother with the humble old woman disguise.
wasn't flemeth's whole thing that she would train people then eat them and take their body? that was part of morrigan's story arc i thought
idk who cares da2 sucks donkey dick

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I'm often reminded of the book 'Forever War' when the vets come back and its been like a thousand years they have been in cryosleep and the entire world has turned gay to control the birth rate. It's so shocking they immediately turn around and sign up for another tour.
IIRC, the protag in the Forever War is very isolated as the only straight man in his military unit in the far future. He practically gets made fun of as "that old perv."

Who knew Halderman was ahead of his time, describing the video game industry? :smug:

Technomancer

Liturgist
wasn't flemeth's whole thing that she would train people then eat them and take their body? that was part of morrigan's story arc i thought
In Inquisition they reconnected it a bit and apparently all those 'sacrifices' were voluntarily given by her daughters. Since she explained her nature as one of elvish "gods" and why sustaining her was important.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
IIRC, the protag in the Forever War is very isolated as the only straight man in his military unit in the far future. He practically gets made fun of as "that old perv."

Who knew Halderman was ahead of his time, describing the video game industry? :smug:
Yeah, it's been a while but him and the lass end up as 3000yr old vets or something and the oldest people in the civilisation? The reason it makes me think of it is because law and society pushed the agenda on purpose to try address population problems (probably inspired by Asimov's quotes on contraception and homosexuality I guess) and I often wonder if we aren't headed down that road in general - because it certainly isn't just games, it's across the public media board, in the West in any case.

I've actually got no problem with fags or whatever floats peoples boat as long as it's kept out of my face and I've got avenues of entertainment but it just seems to permeate everything nowadays. Warhammer 40k for example, I mean holy shit I can understand DA or BG or Disney...and RPGs always had a bit of it, started it even, but 40k...I mean that is some crazy retcon stretching to somehow turn an intended satire on racist, imperial, fanatical gene purists into wholesome, incloosive, next-coming-of-jesus good guys. Sometimes I feel like I must have somehow lived for a thousand years and missed it all it happened so quickly, but I'm not even THAT old.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Someone apparently cataloged the project director's responses to questions on Twitter.

I'll leave this here without any commentary. Disregard the loud :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:hahano::hahano::hahano::lol::lol::lol::smug: in the background.

1717731203695.png

Last edited:

Xorazm

Cipher
This hurts as someone who used to like comics but "More like Marvel" is such a fucking death knell for so many creative enterprises.

I can't help but think back to how they were talking about "chasing the Call of Duty" audience with DA:2 and DA:I and not wonder if they're deluded enough to think they can chase the Marvel/Avengers audience.

I fully expect lots of Whedon-esque quippy dialog and I've already singled out the parts of myself scheduled to die inside.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Repeating what I wrote in Shoutbox yesterday:

Notice how in two different franchises BioWare set up an "elite anti-evil operatives" group in the first game (Spectres, Gray Wardens), with the implication that they'd be central to the series, only to largely discard them in following games. What the hell is a Veilguard, where did this come from? Actually I guess they basically did the same thing with the Inquisition, which makes it worse.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom