Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming Fall 2024

Reinhardt

Arcane
Do the Grey Wardens even matter anymore? I wouldn't miss the "yes a child named this" Darkspawn, but ... are they even still around?
"Grey Wardens" is no better. "Oh, you see, they're like, protectors and shit, so they're wardeeens, and they're totally unaligned beyond their purpose so, like, that's what the grey symboliseeeeees..." Dumb, insipid name. At least "darkspawn" is something that common folk might collectively come up with, but "Grey Wardens" sucks as both an official title and an unofficial moniker, unless they constantly wear grey uniforms or some crap.
what about grey veilguards?

Reinhardt

Arcane
If I play a cleric, I need a knight for defense and a mage to cast offensive spells.
nigga u wot. if you play cleric you ARE a knight for defense AND a mage to cast offensive spells.

Likewise, when you play as a barbarian, you have a +2 bonus to AC when you beat your wife, but we are talking about team play here.
cleric is the most universal class who don't need no fucking team.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
If I play a cleric, I need a knight for defense and a mage to cast offensive spells.
nigga u wot. if you play cleric you ARE a knight for defense AND a mage to cast offensive spells.

Likewise, when you play as a barbarian, you have a +2 bonus to AC when you beat your wife, but we are talking about team play here.
cleric is the most universal class who don't need no fucking team.

It all depends on what game you play. If you can play solo a game designed for a team, it means that its gameplay mechanics are poorly designed (for example, because it belongs to the D&D product line).

Reinhardt

Arcane

9ted6

Educated
Dragon Age just seems to veer so rapidly and trend-whore so bad I wouldn't be surprised if the next entry is a Genshin clone, and it certainly gives the impression that their "lore" are messy attempts at duct-taping it all together.
That sums it up. Even Origins went through multiple identity crises because they wanted to chase trends and couldn't decide what to do. It was originally an Asian fantasy then WoW got popular and it became a WoW game then Warhammer got popular and it became a Warhammercraft game.

It never had an identity and has never known what it wants to be.

9ted6

Educated
It was originally an Asian fantasy
where did you read that? that sounds like a tall tale
Mix of old interviews and the E3 2004 footage where it looks like a cross of Jade Empire and Conan. The concept art's also got a very different aesthetic.
dragon-age-origins-e3-2004-demo-v0-byuzwa02xt4d1.jpeg

Old Hans

Arcane
Mix of old interviews and the E3 2004 footage where it looks like a cross of Jade Empire and Conan. The concept art's also got a very different aesthetic.
huh I never knew that. that could explain why they made Jade Empire. someone over there had a real hard on for ancient china

Reinhardt

Arcane
iirc they listed game of thrones as inspiration right from the start, even when dragon age was looking like nwn module.

huh I never knew that. that could explain why they made Jade Empire. someone over there had a real hard on for ancient china
Bioware admitted they wanted to cash in on the brief wuxia madness of the early 00s, but other than the hype for a handful of movies (I can only think of 3), nothing happened beyond that.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
casters are ghey and wear dresses. if i wanted to play as woman i would chose chainmail bikini babe or tight leather-clad rogue.
Trope and nothing else. Propaganda. Mages can alter reality and make warriors or clerics kill themselves. They are power incarnate.

Reinhardt

Arcane
casters are ghey and wear dresses. if i wanted to play as woman i would chose chainmail bikini babe or tight leather-clad rogue.
Trope and nothing else. Propaganda. Mages can alter reality and make warriors or clerics kill themselves. They are power incarnate.
victor changed name again?
hey, what do you think about manlets and finger of death? just to be sure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom