Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming Fall 2024

Lodis

Educated
>jade king
Oh it’s that tranny with some of the shittiest takes I’ve ever read in my life. Naturally BioWare would hire him to shill.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Yeah, because comparing it to other action RPGs is going to help the game's case.

No.. If BG3 was made by bioware there would be absolute no option-- zero chance of getting to Kill dame Aylin the moment you meet her, never mind her lover. You will be forced to get along with them ... at best their would be options to be "disgruntled" at some of her opinions but still hold her respect... Nevermind the options to kill her in multiple ways, or even sell her to a male. That would be too triggering for the tumblr core fanbase.... I don't get this hate for BG3.... for all its faults the game allows you to take a butchers knife to any acts of wokeness the moment you see it and the game would acknowledge it and even be different narrative for it. DA would never allow such a thing, they WILL force you to play a goody too shoes person at all times and at best some kind of minor asshole. Look at how the factions they presented are all goody two shoes. You cannot roleplay as a tevinter loyalist , who loves tradition and slave owning. For tevinter you have to roleplay as a marxist rebel trying to overthrow the system! There is even no option for templars anymore.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
They had a Q&A on Discord , here is everything so far. Got from reddit:

Confirmed :

• No EA App/Account.
  • No online Forced.
  • No battlePass.
  • No Multiplayer.
  • Unique Singleplayer Exerperience
  • No Microtransactions.
  • 9 years since Trespasser
  • Varric's hair will be shown in better lighting soon
  • No Photomode so far. But they are willing to add it.
  • You can pet Griffin
  • CC will be shown as we get closer to the release date
  • Transmogs confirmed
  • Solas is definitely balder than Ever
  • Crafting is back. A mysterious character will help us do the crafting throughout the whole game. Hinting at Sandal's Return. ENCHANTMENT!
  • They will reveal which Game Editions exists and when we can pre-orders Soon
  • PC Specs Soon
  • The inquisitor will appear in the flesh and will be a part of this story with Solas
  • Pasta and Noodles exist in Thedas
  • Rook is neither a name nor a last name. our MC will have a race specific name, like in Inquisition but you can edit his first name.
  • No explicit Ace companion. Romances are pansexual, not playersexual
  • No Fetch quests
  • Locations can is impacted by the choices we make throughout the story
  • If Rook dies. You have to reload your last save or spectate your companions fighting and trying to revive you.(boo this one imo)
  • Dual welding is for rogue Only
  • Warriors are focused swords and Shields
  • No war table type of mechanic that blocks progression
  • No Mount and It will be explained in-game
  • The Lighthouse which is the veilguard's base will have unique purposes and uniques.
  • There are no Mabaris. As they are not popular in Northern Thedas
  • Story is set a lot in North Thedas
  • There are Stubbles and Beards
  • Harding was brought back as she's the only one who has the most info about Solas
  • No shards
  • Rook should stay away from Blood Magic
  • No fireball and Cone of Cold spells. They are replaced by Frost Nova and Meteor
    • Solas will speak in iambic pentameter
    • there are Tavern songs
  • there’s a tavern called ‘’The Swan’’ in minrathous
  • You can return to any areas to complete quests even if exploration is mission-based. It’s an open end world.
  • those who were left in then fade question is not answered in the game but It could be in the future.
  • You can Edit Rook’s 1st name and there’s a name generator
  • LAASH confirmed
  • Mage can have a ‘’combat’’ style
  • Can’t kiss Manfred
  • You can nap in the lighthouse
  • There’s a very hard mode for those who like hard core combat
  • Healing spells
  • ability wheel capacity is 3 with Runes ans Ultimates
  • Regret is a big theme in Veilguard
  • There are definitely bigger threat than Solas
  • You Can also Hug the Griffon
  • No blood magic combat
  • last name of the MC is based on your background/Race
  • Alot of conversations are based on race
  • Mage tree skill tree is packed with all kind of Perks ans Spells
  • Necromancer specialization : 1 elemental and 1 that's ressembles combat mage
Unconfirmed/Hinted :

• Fights in Arlathan
  • Expansions DLC
  • Skeleton Romance
  • Arachnophobia mode
  • Photo mode

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Basically.. all the neutral gray options/evil are removed from the game. Can't be bloodmage, can't be tevinter loyalist, can't be templar. The game forces your player into preset ideologies.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
No fetch quests huh? Im calling bullshit. Although I suppose ther could be no quests at all the way they are going, just make it a rail shooter.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
So they confirmed, in the latest Q&A, that you will only have 3 active abilities...

Fucking God of War has more abilities, but thats not the most ridiculous part, it's the fans online defending it as something that makes them be more creative with combat and allowing BioWare to have handcrafted encounters... The coping is just beyond anything I have seen before from a fanbase

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
So they confirmed, in the latest Q&A, that you will only have 3 active abilities...

Fucking God of War has more abilities, but thats not the most ridiculous part, it's the fans online defending it as something that makes them be more creative with combat and allowing BioWare to have handcrafted encounters... The coping is just beyond anything I have seen before from a fanbase

3 abilities for rook and 3 per companion

Just a reminder from Mass Effect Ability Wheel btw :M
Powerwheel.jpg

Semiurge

Cipher
  • No EA App/Account.
  • No online Forced.
  • No battlePass.
  • No Multiplayer.
  • No Microtransactions

All positives, but also indicative that EA believes this will flop hard no matter what, so the budget was kept moderate.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
No fetch quests huh? Im calling bullshit. Although I suppose ther could be no quests at all the way they are going, just make it a rail shooter.
There are no fetch quests because it's mission-based, so fetch quests don't make sense.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Lol maybe rail shooter is aiming too high. Just make it a character creator with some dress ups, romances and a photo mode.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
  • No EA App/Account.
  • No online Forced.
  • No battlePass.
  • No Multiplayer.
  • No Microtransactions

All positives, but also indicative that EA believes this will flop hard no matter what, so the budget was kept moderate.
All that stuff was true about Immortals of Aveum too, and it had a huge budget.

Myobi

Liturgist
Its odd, because the gameplay doesn't look... too bad, sure as fuck ain't Origins, sadly, but I guess I have Larian for that nowadays, but it looks a lot like Mass Effect, I can get behind that, as long as the fucking writing and characters are there.... and you know, considering ME:Andromeda....

Why is the egalitarian, anti-Tevinter faction named Shadow Dragons? The ancient Tevinter worshipped dragons as the old gods and sacrificed millions of slaves to them. This is the equivalent of an anti-nazi resistance group naming themselves "Shadow Hitlers".

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

The cope must flow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom