Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

The Jester

Cipher
Does this mean we'll finally understand all the lore behind the darkspawn, Dark City, the Maker, elven gods, dwarves, qunari, the Fade, and archdemons? And how it all beautifully ties in together in poetic ways none of us could have predicted?
Here's your lore bro.
aJ4UiYVzg3Kw.png

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It will be out because dEAddy needs his coke ROI. In what state it will be out, however, is a different matter.

Elttharion

Learned
New white pill just dropped.

169660803987070396dne.jpg
Its impossible to find this mod anywhere, I remember using it when I played the game but now all I can find are a bunch of blog posts bitching about it. Based mods only has the white Isabela one.

White+vivienne+mod_459afc_9474303.jpg

jf8350143

Liturgist
I actually find Bioware's romance and "diversity" more tolerable comparing to other games the industries put out these days. Same goes for the writing.

Mainly due to the fact that they haven't release any game in years now so they are late for the party.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I actually find Bioware's romance and "diversity" more tolerable comparing to other games the industries put out these days. Same goes for the writing.

Mainly due to the fact that they haven't release any game in years now so they are late for the party.
Well, they had been on the bleeding edge of it. Just wait until the next one. If there is a next one. :P

Zeriel

Arcane
Yeah, it's just that their last entry was when the mind virus was less developed. It certainly is amazing seeing companies that used to be way behind them in this department exceed Bioware in the mental illness category.

jf8350143

Liturgist

Well, they had been on the bleeding edge of it. Just wait until the next one. If there is a next one. :P
Honestly I have a feeling they will play it safe and stick to their past formula when it comes to stories and romances so it won't be as bad as the latest games(cough BG3 cough).

Gamplay will be completely shit though.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
I don't believe I've ever played a game with a nigger protagonist. If it came to it, what would be worse: playing as a (male) nigger, or a White female?

jungl

Augur
When people want to buy a board game or video game they ask "I wonder what this game is about"? There nothing wrong with a adding black person if it strengthens this consumer question like how old ps1 games did it like Urban chaos and akuji the heartless. But if you just add a black person for kicks consumers think "lol woke nigger crap Is this for Africans?" Its quite the fine line.

GloomFrost

Arcane

Well that's the thing. Even such woke trash as DA:I seems like a very old fashioned and traditional fantasy compared to insane travesty of BG3. It was only like 14 years age when Zevran was by far the most "wokest" and progressive character in the entire gaming industry. Blows your mind when you think about it.

you clearly forgot inquisition and "look how a fucking fag i am, and if you don't support me you're evil".

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
old bioware are my favorite RPG developers. the gameplay loop of excessively asking questions in dialogue is just my style and the "evil" dialogue options are always kind of funny. combat is always shit tho

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
New white pill just dropped.

169660803987070396dne.jpg
Its impossible to find this mod anywhere, I remember using it when I played the game but now all I can find are a bunch of blog posts bitching about it. Based mods only has the white Isabela one.

White+vivienne+mod_459afc_9474303.jpg
The funniest recurring mod drama related to Dragon Age that I can think of is for the mod that made Dorian straight (which is still up on the Nexus and apparently has >7000 unique downloads as of this comment). Every so often someone rediscovers it and blogs/ tweets/ mentions it on a forum and everyone fights about whether it's literally Hitler blood magic or just a bit silly given his backstory.

9ted6

Educated

Well that's the thing. Even such woke trash as DA:I seems like a very old fashioned and traditional fantasy compared to insane travesty of BG3. It was only like 14 years age when Zevran was by far the most "wokest" and progressive character in the entire gaming industry. Blows your mind when you think about it.
How is Dreadwolf going to top it?

Vyvian

Educated

Bioware at least tries to lean into romance and building relationships... they are terrible at it but they are earnest in their attempts.

Other games that add romance either act like they are embarrassed doing so or try to put their own twist on it just for the sake of it. Sometimes both and it just comes out feeling half-assed and fake.

Doubt this matters though, kinda feels like it's almost time to put Bioware on the big image of EA casualties.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Bioware at least tries to lean into romance and building relationships... they are terrible at it but they are earnest in their attempts.
bioware are the progenitor of elaborate RPG romances. Before BG2 there simply was nothing like Jaheira’s romance.

Doubt this matters though, kinda feels like it's almost time to put Bioware on the big image of EA casualties
almost time? their last good game was in 2009.

go back to the cyberunk thread femboy

Rhobar121

Scholar
you clearly forgot inquisition and "look how a fucking fag i am, and if you don't support me you're evil".
Inquisition is extremely tamed comparing to the modern games we get.
Only because it came out nearly 10 years ago

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom