Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

jf8350143

Liturgist
I actually find Bioware's romance and "diversity" more tolerable comparing to other games the industries put out these days. Same goes for the writing.
you clearly forgot inquisition and "look how a fucking fag i am, and if you don't support me you're evil".
Inquisition is extremely tamed comparing to the modern games we get.
Only because it came out nearly 10 years ago
Yes and that's my original point.

Semiurge

Cipher
New white pill just dropped.

169660803987070396dne.jpg

"Hyenas", what an unfortunate name. It's like they tried to glorify that brand of brainless, racially and politically driven anarchy rampant in the US.

Vyvian

Educated
Bioware at least tries to lean into romance and building relationships... they are terrible at it but they are earnest in their attempts.
bioware are the progenitor of elaborate RPG romances. Before BG2 there simply was nothing like Jaheira’s romance.

Doubt this matters though, kinda feels like it's almost time to put Bioware on the big image of EA casualties
almost time? their last good game was in 2009.

go back to the cyberunk thread femboy
Literally what I said, they are terrible at it, mostly the writing of them. Being the first at something doesn't make you the best or even good at it.

And they are still in business, sorta, so yes it's almost time. Come up for air in between Todd Howard rimming sessions once in awhile and learn to read.

Zeriel

Arcane
I think people here were outraged with the Dorian and Iron Bull faggotry.

Inquisitor era was a few premier characters being pozzed out the ass. Modern era is, ala BG3, every single minor character being the pure avatar of gay retardation. To the point that you start to wonder how the races even reproduce.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Inquisitor era was a few premier characters being pozzed out the ass. Modern era is, ala BG3, every single minor character being the pure avatar of gay retardation. To the point that you start to wonder how the races even reproduce.

What do you mean? They plant seeds like everyone else.

9ted6

Educated

This is true. 2012-2015 or so you'd get a few aggressive instances of this shit and more subtle bits sprinkled in parts of the game. In the TLOU2 and BG3 era the whole game is now in-your-face woke pandering.

Elttharion

Learned

Its impossible to find this mod anywhere, I remember using it when I played the game but now all I can find are a bunch of blog posts bitching about it. Based mods only has the white Isabela one.

White+vivienne+mod_459afc_9474303.jpg
The funniest recurring mod drama related to Dragon Age that I can think of is for the mod that made Dorian straight (which is still up on the Nexus and apparently has >7000 unique downloads as of this comment). Every so often someone rediscovers it and blogs/ tweets/ mentions it on a forum and everyone fights about whether it's literally Hitler blood magic or just a bit silly given his backstory.
Yeah I saw both the mod and the drama, I didnt use that mod since its pointless IMHO. Its pretty much impossible to mod the faggotry out of this game. There was even a funny momment when my sister, who is a huge liberal and also a big bioware fan, described the male companions to a gay friend of hers and he laughed and said that every single one of them is the personification of an archetipal type of gay man and is meant to fulfill a fetish. There is the hunk, the bear, the twink, you get it. My face was one of pure horror and disgust. I dont think I need to say that this isnt reflect in the woman and that they range from masculine to disgusting.

Its impossible to find this mod anywhere, I remember using it when I played the game but now all I can find are a bunch of blog posts bitching about it. Based mods only has the white Isabela one.

The funniest recurring mod drama related to Dragon Age that I can think of is for the mod that made Dorian straight (which is still up on the Nexus and apparently has >7000 unique downloads as of this comment). Every so often someone rediscovers it and blogs/ tweets/ mentions it on a forum and everyone fights about whether it's literally Hitler blood magic or just a bit silly given his backstory.
Yeah I saw both the mod and the drama, I didnt use that mod since its pointless IMHO. Its pretty much impossible to mod the faggotry out of this game. There was even a funny momment when my sister, who is a huge liberal and also a big bioware fan, described the male companions to a gay friend of hers and he laughed and said that every single one of them is the personification of an archetipal type of gay man and is meant to fulfill a fetish. There is the hunk, the bear, the twink, you get it. My face was one of pure horror and disgust. I dont think I need to say that this isnt reflect in the woman and that they range from masculine to disgusting.
But... that's the point. Media with gay men on it does not cater to gay men, it caters to straight women who fetishize gay men. Similarly, media which features black people doesn't cater to black people, but to white people who fetishize blacks.

Elttharion

Learned

But... that's the point. Media with gay men on it does not cater to gay men, it caters to straight women who fetishize gay men. Similarly, media which features black people doesn't cater to black people, but to white people who fetishize blacks.
Fujoshis are a cancer in any fanbase.

Fujoshis are a cancer in any fanbase.
31667.jpg

Elttharion

Learned
I have no idea what you mean by that since I never played Awakening and cant even remember why I chose her as my profile pic. :-D

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
media which features black people doesn't cater to black people, but to white people who fetishize blacks.
that’s a retarded take. everytime you have a black protagonist it caters to blacks. If you watch movies or play games with a black protagonist you are sucking nigger cock willingly but the target audience are blacks. The protagonist is always there for the audience to identify with.

I have no idea what you mean by that since I never played Awakening and cant even remember why I chose her as my profile pic. :-D
Fire Emblem is one of those Fujo Central franchises.

media which features black people doesn't cater to black people, but to white people who fetishize blacks.
that’s a retarded take. everytime you have a black protagonist it caters to blacks. If you watch movies or play games with a black protagonist you are sucking nigger cock willingly but the target audience are blacks. The protagonist is always there for the audience to identify with.
That is the excuse, but there's a reason black people don't flock to productions that have black people on them. When they do, it's more of an Uncle Tom kinda thing. Representation is the excuse, but the execution is pure fetish. It's either a fetish about seeing blacks and gays everywhere, or the fetish of seeing them subject to abuse due to the usual replies given by meek polchuds on the internet.

Vic

Savant
there's a reason black people don't flock to productions that have black people on them.
what makes you say that? blacks like to watch other blacks, just like whites like to watch other whites, unless you are a nigger lover

if you mean why are theaters not packed with blacks, well that's simple, blacks are broke

9ted6

Educated
Just like gay men they're the fetish version, they appear and act how woke white liberals want them to and they make every aspect of their identity about their race.

Every aspect of Dorian and Bull is about how gay or sexual they are. Everything about Vivien is her being black. They aren't characters, they're woke check boxes.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Gaynes is way more relaxed in BG3, while Bioware was and is simply obsessed. These people even in private time emphasized how important it was to them. Where Gaider wrote a zealous note about how important character Krem is, Larian simply posts a video of actresses talking about how nice they fucked for the game.

Gaynes is way more relaxed in BG3, while Bioware was and is simply obsessed. These people even in private time emphasized how important it was to them. Where Gaider wrote a zealous note about how important character Krem is, Larian simply posts a video of actresses talking about how nice they fucked for the game.
Larian made a game for the Critical Role crowd, in that regard. It's definitely wiser than trying to make a political statement out of the smut character you made for your game.

Semiurge

Cipher
I dont think I need to say that this isnt reflect in the woman and that they range from masculine to disgusting.

DA:O had fetishistic female stereotypes as party members. "The Witch" - the bad, dangerous type of girl. "The Pure, Religious Virgin" - with the caveat that Leliana obviously wasn't a virgin anymore. And finally, "The Mature". Need I say more.

Last edited:

Vic

Savant
DA:O had fetishistic female stereotypes as party members. "The Witch" - the bad, dangerous type of girl. "The Pure, Religious Virgin" - with the caveat that Leliana obviosuly wasn't a virgin anymore. And finally, "The Mature". Need I say more.
eh, I can kind of agree with Morrigan here, she's kind of like an unloved puppy that the player tries to fix, at first at least, but Leliana is no pure, religious virgin, she is a spy and seductress than only fled to the cloister after being hunted. And Wynne is really just your grandma, tho my character is an old wizened mage so we should be the same age, sadly no old people romance.

Semiurge

Cipher
DA:O had fetishistic female stereotypes as party members. "The Witch" - the bad, dangerous type of girl. "The Pure, Religious Virgin" - with the caveat that Leliana obviosuly wasn't a virgin anymore. And finally, "The Mature". Need I say more.
eh, I can kind of agree with Morrigan here, she's kind of like an unloved puppy that the player tries to fix, at first at least, but Leliana is no pure, religious virgin, she is a spy and seductress than only fled to the cloister after being hunted. And Wynne is really just your grandma, tho my character is an old wizened mage so we should be the same age, sadly no old people romance.

Based on first impressions and general appearances. Leliana retains that religiosity throughout the game and this is reflected even by the romance-related dialogue as well, her past is kept in the background. I wasn't completely serious about the Wynne part.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Fire Emblem is one of those Fujo Central franchises.

That is the excuse, but there's a reason black people don't flock to productions that have black people on them. When they do, it's more of an Uncle Tom kinda thing. Representation is the excuse, but the execution is pure fetish. It's either a fetish about seeing blacks and gays everywhere, or the fetish of seeing them subject to abuse due to the usual replies given by meek polchuds on the internet.

I'm with you on the 'gay-centered media (especially commerical fiction) is primarily created by and consumed by straight women' thing, but black audiences LOVE black-centered media and often show out even for terrible productions purely on the basis of representation. There's a reason Hollywood keeps making them and it's not because white people flock to watch.

Maybe video games are an exception, where dev teams seem to be largely white/asian, liberal, and gay, but in film, I think the actors have at least some impact on every character not being a women's studies fetishized ideal.

Elttharion

Learned
I dont think I need to say that this isnt reflect in the woman and that they range from masculine to disgusting.

You forgot the muscle girl.

Dragon-Age-Origins-The-Stone-Prisoner-SHale.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom