Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Snafkin

Educated
i think this is a good game. i would probably loose my shit over the graphics and the gameplay when i was 10 years old or something. and since this is a kids or teeny game everything is fine with it i guess.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What bothers me about this diverse, beautiful, stunning and brave cast of characters is the lore implications (not that Bioware or their fans care). People irl don't have Asian or black features for no reason, they aren't just whites but somehow black at the same time, there is a genetic and environmental component there. The two extremely gorgeous and colorful elves are Dalish, judging from the face tattoos, so the lore implication is that there is a not-Africa and not-Asia in Thedas and they too were somehow enslaved by the Tevinters whose empire's borders aren't world-spanning. It's bizarre and if I were not white I'd be accusing them of color-blind casting and racial insensitivity, even colorism.
This happens in every show, film, and game nowadays. The genetic makeup make no god damn sense. It ruins the immersion every time.

Justinian

Arcane
Developer
DAO was also a huge disappointment. DA2 was good for what it was,
:nocountryforshitposters::shunthenonbeliever:
DAO was a failed attempt at BG3. DA2 was its own thing. If you expected them both to be BG3 DA2 will obviously disappoint more. But if you just want a fun game to play DA2 is a drunk conga line and DAO is accounting software.
DA2 objectively has no good qualities. Eat shit and die, retard.
DA2's combat is miles above DAO. The companions are slightly better. The story and story structure are much more interesting and original. The advertising cringe (awesome button) is more bearable (THIS IS THE NEW SHIT).
I mean, come on my guy, companions were what, a faggot, a dog-face girl boss, a twink with magic tattoos(?), Merril (lol), and Varric.

A very gripping story of finding a magic rock and then fighting a Frankenstein or crystal hitler after a whiny homo sets off a tactical nuke. Truly an epic for the ages.
Avelline and Varric are the least annoying bioware companions ever produced that still have a personality. Compare to alistair/morrigan's unfunny bitching and sniping and each other it's not a contest really. DA2 still has shit companions (isabel, merrill) so it's not off the hook but at least they're not front loaded into your party.

You can describe any story that way and make it sound lame/boring. It's still a superior story to "big evil demon is coming to get everyone and only YOU, the Chosen One can stop it".

Frozen

Arcane
I see 30 pages down people were complaining you had only 2 companions to control LOL

NO bitches its Ass Effect all the way, this is now just a shitty button masher (it was already in DA 2 and Inquisition but now they completely removed even illusion of control of other characters)

Anyway, its shit as expected, even more so than expected. Have zero interest to play same as tranny DOS3 aka BG3.

Only thing I'm slightly interested - will it find its audience (like "BG3" did in deprived fat housewives with tentacle rape fantasies)

Maybe zoomers are that retarded, vote for Joe and like tranny age 4 or whateverthefuck is this game name.

Last edited:

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
After the existential scare caused by Baldur's Gate 3, game developers rejoice and feel relaxed again after watching the trailer of the new Dragon Age.

Lemming42

Arcane
Avelline and Varric are the least annoying bioware companions ever produced that still have a personality. Compare to alistair/morrigan's unfunny bitching and sniping and each other it's not a contest really. DA2 still has shit companions (isabel, merrill) so it's not off the hook but at least they're not front loaded into your party.
I liked Aveline. It's always good to have at least one character in any work of fiction who clearly doesn't want to be there. Every time she told Isabelle to shut the fuck up it was like "good, thanks, I want to do that but the game never lets me". Never warmed up to Varric though; he just came across as annoying albeit mostly inoffensive.

The only other DA companion I liked was Vivienne in Inquisition but I can't remember why at this point. I remember talking to her and being like "fucking finally, after two whole games, someone's at last talking sense about this stupid fucking mage subplot" but the details of the mage plot are entirely lost to me now so I can't remember what her stance was that I agreed with so strongly.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
It’s still baffling how the tranny became the game director despite him have zero notable experience.
It's almost as if this "gayme" is just a vehicle for wokinism/DIE propaganda, and the actual game is secondary, if not tertiary on the list of priorities.

I mean, we've only seen this exact thing in every single piece of mainstream "entertainment" in the past decade, it's too soon to tell for sure.

:roll:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Lol are they fucking serious with this shit?

1718142339469.png

Louis_Cypher

Arcane
Obh81Av.png

Igning the other issues, this moment in the trailer was so cringeworthy. A person flying toward the camera out of a portal, who has a Disney-Pixar-looking "forced smile" the whole time. Do people in fiction, just lose the fear of death, do certain writers think? Being *almost killed or maimed* isn't meant to be fun...

What bothers me about this diverse, beautiful, stunning and brave cast of characters is the lore implications (not that Bioware or their fans care). People irl don't have Asian or black features for no reason, they aren't just whites but somehow black at the same time, there is a genetic and environmental component there. The two extremely gorgeous and colorful elves are Dalish, judging from the face tattoos, so the lore implication is that there is a not-Africa and not-Asia in Thedas and they too were somehow enslaved by the Tevinters whose empire's borders aren't world-spanning. It's bizarre and if I were not white I'd be accusing them of color-blind casting and racial insensitivity, even colorism.
Congrats, you already put more thought into it than the writers.
It's a very deliberate decades-long way of normalising colonialism by globalist imperialists against whites. Largely at the expense of poor white working class people. There are times, in the UK, a white homeland, where 75% of advert breaks will be super-diverse. Meanwhile Nigeria bans non-Nigerians from adverts. People have never at any point given consent to mass migration. They want to normalise the idea that the situation was always like this, when it wasn't. So, I would say some "kind" of thought has been put into this. Just not honest, compassionate, critical, or good natured thought. Hateful, assumptive, vengeful thought.

nbgecnn.png
ZFVe76Z.png
hQBZLea.png
zLWzHnE.png
6POrc9a.png
GfEqxKy.png

Put diversity into historical dramas set at a time when Europe was near 100% white. Do this while suicide rates are already sky high, with young people struggling to find their roots. Stuff European fantasy, a genre based on medieval Europe, with diversity, but insist on say an Asian cast for 'Avatar: The Last Airbender'. Make it inexplicable too, because there is no air travel, just random West African descended people somehow, with nobody to give birth to them. Migraton and propaganda drives native people to dispair, drives wages down, drives property prices up, and fits the 1948 UN definition of genocide, but "we are the good guys".

(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;

Of course that's not how these people justify it to themselves, they say it's to make people feel included, to show mercy. They appeal to the "Good Samaritan" fable. The real agenda is demonstrated more by absence. What isn't done. What isn't said. They show compassion to criminals, but absense of compassion to the victims of crime. Their inclusivity doesnt extend to whites. Their eye for finding victims, doesn't find anything to pity among the white poor, the white rape victim, the endangered tribe outside the Amazon rainforest. Cultural appropriation is simulatiously a moral wrong, but fine against whites, afterall the fantasy genre is a part of European culture.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Eh...

Rich-Irenicus.png

Actually, this picture is no longer relevant.
I have come to enjoy things being much worse than I could possibly predict. It's a liberating feeling.

Lodis

Educated
Will the dwarf be fuckable by non dwarves? She's the only decent looking female in that sorry bunch
Seems like it according to that recent interview. But in the same interview they also say that if you don't fuck her ASAP then she'll dyke out with Trash.

Reinhardt

Arcane
After watching the trailer and seeing some of the promotional images, I came to the conclusion that this will be the new Peebee/Sera of the team, and will be the most annoying person in the team.

8489b101c7b3db84c946527c3d411cf41e2b0a97.jpg
every other companion: "hold my pumpkin spiced coffee"

Reinhardt

Arcane
(I skipped through the reveal so might have missed any who already have characterisations).

Indian Lady With Face Covered By Hair: She'll be cold and sarcastic. That will be more or less it, unless she has a manufactured backstory. She will have about three lines over the course of the game which actually get a laugh; these will be the only jokes that land in the entire script, which will win her a large fanbase. She may be the most tolerable character.
oh, nigga........

Poseidon00

Arcane
All romance-able companions were playersexual in DA2 already, neither BG3 nor Failguard invented this.
I don't get the appeal of this. In Cyberpunk 2077 romanceable characters had preferences, just like the player. It made these characters more unique and... actually diverse unlike a literal legion of pansexual clones with different skins.
This is not the Bioware way. One of the main complains among hardcore Biowarians is that companions in DA:I were not interested in the player sometimes.

You know what, I am going to side with the Bioxirs on this one. Fucking Sera had a romance and Vivienne did not. Even the most hardcore elvenphile racist can not justify this.

Poseidon00

Arcane
All romance-able companions were playersexual in DA2 already, neither BG3 nor Failguard invented this.
I don't get the appeal of this. In Cyberpunk 2077 romanceable characters had preferences, just like the player. It made these characters more unique and... actually diverse unlike a literal legion of pansexual clones with different skins.
Because as fanbases became increasingly more faggot filled they became more entitled with gay romance shit. In BioWare’s case over the last several years there has been screeching over straight romances. Like how in Mass Effect all the female companions only put out for Male Shepard minus the blue bitch who puts out for both. Or in Dragon Age the fact that Morrigan or Cassandra are only into men. And then Bg3 came along and made it worse. Now everything has to cater to them or it’s homophobic.

A little over 10 years ago now, when I was a young guy just starting out, I was working one of my first jobs. One of my co workers was a flamboyant gay dude who had a tattoo that referenced the "witch of the wilds". I asked what it was and he introduced me to Dragon Age.

This is not the Bioware way. One of the main complains among hardcore Biowarians is that companions in DA:I were not interested in the player sometimes.

You know what, I am going to side with the Bioxirs on this one. Fucking Sera had a romance and Vivienne did not. Even the most hardcore elvenphile racist can not justify this.
I too was disappointed with Vivienne not having a romance, since she was a fun character, but they mean it more in the "Cassandra should be playsersexual so I can romance her as a woman" way even though that would never go with her worldview.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
The old bloke is the only interesting dude and its a shame it all looks like a overwatch shooter. If they had leaned right in and made him a grimacing old nugget with deep wrinkles and haunted cynical eyes he could've been cool.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom