Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
An ability that isn't "shoot enemy with magic bullets", magic might be interesting after all.

View attachment 51275
Such abilities typically range from completely useless to extremely situational (as is maybe you'll cast it 3 times per playthrough).
And those rare games where they are in fact usable, are all turn based. Not a single game with rt combat comes to mind where wall spells & the like are worth the bother.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
That's the joke
You're not joking.

You're looking for other chud to suck, my dude. It's chud-affirming shit.
Imagine the amount of estrogen pills one would need to take daily to unironically use the word 'CHUD'.
There's a very obvious anti-fan circlejerk here, and some posts are clear mating calls for these anti-fans to find each other and affirm each other's anti-fandom.
Your last few posts ITT are saying you are sexually attracted to gnomes, asking people who disagree if they were groomed in Discord, pride flag shit, lugenpresse comments, calling people who disagree vermin, Solas more like Soulless LMAOOOOO, why does this game even have gameplay make it a VN, ugh it was a different time back when Neverwinter Nights had this 4k fanart in the game as an ingame model ugh, and estrogen pills.
As in, fuck all to do with the game, and just vibe signals to vibe up with the other vibrators here who don't even play video games.

Friendly reminder, anti-fans are fans. You are a Bioware fanboy. In le current year. Very sad!

With this statement you joined the anti-fan circlejerk of Bioware anti-fan circlejerk. By the logic presented in your post, you are our fan. Sad!

Baron Tahn

Scholar
W
While we on that topic - what the fuck is a chud? Is that some new age fuckwit word or are we talking about the Russian folklore 'chud' which is in fact pretty awesome?
The word "chud" can originally be found as the name of a movie from 1984, called C.H.U.D., with the main plot of the creature feature being "Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers" (or CHUD). The trailer for the movie was reuploaded to YouTube on June 27th, 2018, by the YouTube channel Grindhouse Movie Trailers, with an emphasis being placed on how it's a group of monsters that live in the dark undergrounds rising up to civilization to attack (shown below).

Erm, no? Try earlier than 1030 AD: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chu...hud township was,and the Varyags (Varangians). Forgive the wiki article it's just easier than digging it up for real.

kapisi

Novice
My dudes, Bioware redesigned darkspawn like two or three times already, who cares about Asian elves.

Why no Asians in Origins? It takes place in not-England, it was 2009 tech with the same faces all over, whatever. Black and Asian elves is to be expected in 2024 and it doesn't break any lore. Origins even had a black elf I think.

Everybody on your team being fucking pansexual is a helluva coincidence though.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Erm, yes. I'm telling you where the current 'chud' term comes from which is derivative of an acronym and not related to the historical Chuds.
IIRC it had to do with the "monster vote", the voters under the bed, who are hiding. When asked in a poll, they are ashamed to say what their view is on Brexit or Trump, so the polls are off. But in the private booth, they vote the way they'd be ashamed to say. Something like that was the article that started this "monster vote".
And CHUDs are monsters hiding under the bed, so to speak. So I also think it was from the movie.

Longes

Augur
You can't play a Blood Mage. Blood Mage is not a specialization in this game. The game set in Tewinter, home of blood magic, and they don't let you play a Blood Mage.

I'm at my fucking limit you guys.

zZ6msRo.png

Longes

Augur
So you're a target audience. It's too bad all women will be ugly.
The Asian chick is cute tbh
new-screenshot-concepts-from-gameinformer-s-content-v0-732w4wzd1e7d1.png
I'm feeling my brain got irreparably warped by too much exposure to asian media. I was going to write "Bellara is ugly, American devs insist on making ugly asians." But then I went to take another look. And she's like... not terrible? I don't find her attractive, but she's not ugly. But she also doesn't look anything like characters designed in Japan, China, or Korea would look like.

SmoothPimp

Augur
Black elves are for those people.

image.png

People here act like tolkien's work is a sacred, perfect and immutable truth and not a literal work of fiction. Like it or not lotr has become bigger than the old man and should appeal to current demographics. it's out of his hands, what he'd want is mostly irrelevant
Also, the existence of one black character in the entire universe in no way whatsoever unmakes or invalidates the original work. Because, you see, it's fiction...

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
So you have this big ass tree but only can use 3 skills at a time, 2 companion party which only get 5 abilities the whole game and you only get select 3 at a time.

Mages went from having the most interesting kit in DAO and DA2, to be as limited as Warrior. God damn.

Your companions might as well be considered Extra Abilities to your character because you have almost zero control over their tactics.

RegionalHobo

Scholar
vomit inducing companion design and demon/enemy design.

plot wise i could care less for solas/inquisition garbage.

gameplay looks like cheap action combat

i spent three years of my life working in the brazilian border in a shithole you guys can t even imagine, played all sorts of single player games there since the internet was turbogarbage and even then i d not touch this

perhaps i m truly getting old, is this zoomer abhorrent design mainstream in the US?

La vie sexuelle

Learned
You can't play a Blood Mage. Blood Mage is not a specialization in this game. The game set in Tewinter, home of blood magic, and they don't let you play a Blood Mage.

zZ6msRo.png
Blood Magic only made sense in a setting that was devoted to the relationship between the demon world and the human world, as well as a clear search for the divine element. That's why it only made sense in Origins, and the other games, which abandoned the spiritual tension, demon magis was a just an incomprehensible addition. Also, I don't know if you remember, but since 2 Tevinter also has its own Chantry, which also makes the religious element incompatible with Origins (we had the whole national-religious fight theme there).

Veilguard is a mirror of modern fantasy, where fairy-tale creatures reflect the modern middle-class fantasies of life as an endless Pride Parade (just as in their grandparents' fantasy fairy-tale creatures expressed the connection with tradition that was important to the old bourgeoisie).

Shitposter
Warrior:

gi_rook_skill_tree.png

Rogue:

gi_exclusive_da_rook-skill-tree-rogue3-far-4k.jpg

Mage:

gi_exclusive_da_rook-skill-tree-mage2-far-4k.jpg
While it sucks that you probably don't get to spread your own ability point or maybe it's gone forever (it's abstract, and you don't know what's the difference between 59 and 61), it's good to see that at level cap you barely touch the entirety of the skill tree.

There is a chance that this game has decent replay ability.

Feel free to do a mental gymnastic saying the DAO RPG system is better. You couldn't.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded

zZ6msRo.png
Blood Magic only made sense in a setting that was devoted to the relationship between the demon world and the human world, as well as a clear search for the divine element. That's why it only made sense in Origins, and the other games, which abandoned the spiritual tension, demon magis was a just an incomprehensible addition. Also, I don't know if you remember, but since 2 Tevinter also has its own Chantry, which also makes the religious element incompatible with Origins (we had the whole national-religious fight theme there).

Veilguard is a mirror of modern fantasy, where fairy-tale creatures reflect the modern middle-class fantasies of life as an endless Pride Parade (just as in their grandparents' fantasy fairy-tale creatures expressed the connection with tradition that was important to the old bourgeoisie).
The Tevinter Chantry has been there since Origins. Haven was an offshoot of it.

Falksi

Arcane

zZ6msRo.png
Blood Magic suggests that bleeding vaginas exist, which isn't the case in Trannyage.

Shaja

Educated
Warrior:

gi_rook_skill_tree.png

Rogue:

Mage:

While it sucks that you probably don't get to spread your own ability point or maybe it's gone forever (it's abstract, and you don't know what's the difference between 59 and 61), it's good to see that at level cap you barely touch the entirety of the skill tree.

Feel free to do a mental gymnastic saying the DAO RPG system is better. You couldn't.
All Dragon Age games have simple mechanics. I understand the nostalgia makes people believe older things were hardcore, but we were younger and still retarded.

Aarwolf

Learned
Swen won.
Say what you will about Larian, at least they can design a combat encounter and their horned bull-dykes are better looking too.

How dare you! Tell that him in his face!

Dragon-Age-1.png

Black elves are for those people.

image.png

People here act like tolkien's work is a sacred, perfect and immutable truth and not a literal work of fiction. Like it or not lotr has become bigger than the old man and should appeal to current demographics. it's out of his hands, what he'd want is mostly irrelevant
Also, the existence of one black character in the entire universe in no way whatsoever unmakes or invalidates the original work. Because, you see, it's fiction...

Those retards doesn't know that, but there WERE black elves in Tolkien's books, and they looked like this:

ae69fd_a63b7d30f85b4ddeb28c72e625cc4fb2~mv2.jpg

(here from 1978 Ralph Bakshi's Lord of the rings animated film)

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Warrior:

gi_rook_skill_tree.png

Rogue:

Mage:

This UI is horrible tho

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom