Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Modron

Arcane
That's the Uruk-khai sword from LOTR and it's just just as impractical.
Uruk-hai sword looks to be 40 lbs lighter and a simple to quickly mass produce cleaver.
Why is it called pan-sexual when they are just bi-sexual?
Being bisexual is probably verboten among SJWs and assorted freaks these days because it acknowledges that gender=sex and that there are only two genders, not a spectrum. Expect the b to be removed from LGBTBBQ+ within the next couple of years. I can already imagine the autistic chants of B stands for Bigotry among the screech owls.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
BioWare has already revealed that every companion in Veilguard is pansexual, notably different from the community-dubbed "playersexual" approach in some games, which sees NPCs adjust romantic and sexual interests based on the player rather than their own sense of sexuality. As pansexual companions, they are attracted to people of any gender (or regardless of gender). That's a critical distinction because, in Veilguard, your companions aren't just going to vie for your affection – they might take attraction to other companions in the titular Veilguard.

Giving one companion the cold shoulder might nudge them into the warm shoulder of someone else on the team. Busche says companions can form romances with each other, although I'm unable to confirm if that means locking Rook out of forming a romance with them.

We're just a game or so away from DA being the cuck simulator its fans have been praying for.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
1720645725699.png

Unexpected competition but okay. I'm assuming this is going to be Larian style nudity where the animators got their sex knowledge from tiktok.

lycanwarrior

Scholar

Yes, Dragon Age: The Veilguard Has Nudity, And I've Seen It​

https://www.gameinformer.com/exclus...-age-the-veilguard-has-nudity-and-ive-seen-it

Dragon Age: The Veilguard will feature nudity. That's something I learned firsthand while customizing my Rook within BioWare's Edmonton, Canada, office earlier this year during my cover story visit. We were customizing a feminine Rook, and while adjusting body options - read Game Informer’s in-depth feature about Veilguard’s character creator here for more details – our Rook's shirt disappeared to let us customize things like chest size.

And that's when Veilguard game director Corrine Busche smiled, likely knowing full well that nudity in the character creator means nudity elsewhere in the game, like in Veilguard's romances, something I know BioWare fans will be delighted to hear. "This is a mature RPG," she tells me.
:shitandpiss:

9ted6

Educated
So now that the elves were retconned into a slave race they're all nonwhite, but the mega strong mega important ancient elves are still white.

Pretty problematic of you Bioware.

Semiurge

Cipher
Each companion has access to five abilities, but you can only take three into combat.
The fuck?
BioWare has already revealed that every companion in Veilguard is pansexual, notably different from the community-dubbed "playersexual" approach in some games, which sees NPCs adjust romantic and sexual interests based on the player rather than their own sense of sexuality. As pansexual companions, they are attracted to people of any gender (or regardless of gender). That's a critical distinction because, in Veilguard, your companions aren't just going to vie for your affection – they might take attraction to other companions in the titular Veilguard.
More pozzed garbage, going from "playersexual" to "pansexual". So every companion is a faggot.

Despite their boasting that they've created something groundbreaking, the only difference is that now the party members can romance each other, and even that has already been done in Mass Effect 3 between Tali and Garrus.

They shouldn't use the term 'pansexual' unless these can also romance other random non-party NPCs, animals or minerals. Maybe they should stick to 'partysexual' until these characters can also romance the pet gryphons or mabari hounds.

MjKorz

Educated
Each companion has access to five abilities, but you can only take three into combat.
The fuck?
More pozzed garbage, going from "playersexual" to "pansexual". So every companion is a faggot.

It seems to me that those are the same, despite their boasting that they've created something groundbreaking. The only difference is that now the party members can romance each other, and even that has already been done in Mass Effect 3 between Tali and Garrus.
That has already been done in BG2 with Aerie and Haer'Dalis.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
It's even been done already within the Dragon Age series with Isabella and Fenris in DA2 (which was only a fling but I'd still say it counts) and Iron Bull and Dorian in Inquisition.

SmoothPimp

Augur
https://www.gameinformer.com/exclus...elationships-work-in-dragon-age-the-veilguard

Every companion in the game has a Relationship Level related to Rook, and the choices you make (and not even specifically about the companion, but in the world in general), what you say to companions, how you help or don't help them, and more all play into it. Every time you rank up a companion's Relationship Level, you unlock a skill point to spend specifically on that companion. Though companion skill trees pale in comparison to Rook's expansive tree, which features passive abilities, combat abilities, and more, as well as paths to three unique class specializations, there's still some customization here.

Each companion has access to five abilities, but you can only take three into combat. Thus, it's important to strategize which abilities to spend a skill point on and how those abilities can synergize with your current build on the battlefield.
1) "Though companion skill trees pale in comparison to Rook's expansive tree" - so more movement towards action games. Less management for a party, companions complement spinal-oriented combat rather than allow to build comprehensive tactics.

2) "Every time you rank up a companion's Relationship Level, you unlock a skill point to spend specifically on that companion." - actually it's a good idea - connect personal influence at companions to their combat skills. But limiting it to a sex appeal is ridiculous. Would be nice to have a greater set of interactions, that require a broader managerial soft skills, but it may contradict pre-chosen CHA attribute and I have some doubts that writers of DAtV have a necessary knowledge what makes leader a leader.

Semiurge

Cipher

Tyrr

Liturgist

MjKorz

Educated
View attachment 52197

Unexpected competition but okay. I'm assuming this is going to be Larian style nudity where the animators got their sex knowledge from tiktok.
Have people already forgotten? They did the same marketing stunt with their last slop:
qiggYqq.jpeg
Never played Andromeda. Did they actually deliver?
View attachment 52210
Stop. I didn't need to see that twice.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
View attachment 52197

Have people already forgotten? They did the same marketing stunt with their last slop:
qiggYqq.jpeg
Never played Andromeda. Did they actually deliver?
https://webm.red/view/iVgi.webm
1720697045591.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom