Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ugh, our base is in the god damn fade...

Child of Malkav

Erudite
I remember in Origins that it was a pretty big fucking deal going into the Fade, especially physically. Since, you know, the whole magisters and black city business which needed like 6 gorilion slaves to be sacrificed in order to be able to go into the Fade with your actual, physical bodies. But nah, now it's.....a thing I guess. It's what all the homies are doing. What a joke.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I remember in Origins that it was a pretty big fucking deal going into the Fade, especially physically. Since, you know, the whole magisters and black city business which needed like 6 gorilion slaves to be sacrificed in order to be able to go into the Fade with your actual, physical bodies. But nah, now it's.....a thing I guess. It's what all the homies are doing. What a joke.
Would be funny if at the end, the protagonist decides to go back, but returns to a dried up corpse, buried deep in the ground.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Look at them Grey Wardens.
NiySAw.jpg

Please redeem saar!

Hedasd

Literate
Warrior skills had more colorful and bigger special effects than the mage abilities they showed here. How the hell did they manage that?

Semiurge

Cipher
This game has the UI as if it came from the worst time of PC ports of console games

ss_90183c305ccf080f68a9d230a7f97884b7546ff6.jpg

Even games like Deus Ex Invisible War had much better one.

Also graphics are vomit inducing. How come each of the Dragon Age games look worse and worse? What is going on in this company?!

Absolute decline when all combo opportunities and resistances are underlined for you. You won't ever get the satisfaction of figuring things out yourself.

Both aren't scary looking. I think the scary thing about darkspawn wasn't how they look, but how they are made.
I seem to recall some *serious* derp regarding that from DAO. So that dorf whatshername made her girlfriend into a broodmother so she can spawn endless derpspawn in order to get through a Maze of Ancient Dwarven Traps by making the derpspawn trigger the traps, rite? But the broodmother would need biomass to produce the derpspawn. Who is feeding her, and with what? Does she birth already mature derpspawn (possibly, cause she's so yuge she's bigger than yo momma)? Why do they follow whatshername's orders and go into the Maze of Ancient Dwarven Traps to trigger the traps?

I thought her girlfirend was the ghoul you meet who keeps muttering that "nursery rhyme".

A redditor said:
I hope hes a good dude, like Garus was to Sheppard, because he looks cool and hes a gray warden, insta party slot.

This one didn't even have the balls to call Davrin a bro, for understandable reasons.

What weak, pathetic beings they are.

Would be funny if at the end, the protagonist decides to go back, but returns to a dried up corpse, buried deep in the ground.

That's more or less in the plotline of the early '90s reboot of Shade, The Changing Man. A classic silver-era comic.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Both aren't scary looking. I think the scary thing about darkspawn wasn't how they look, but how they are made. Click to expand... I seem to recall some *serious* derp regarding that from DAO. So that dorf whatshername made her girlfriend into a broodmother so she can spawn endless derpspawn in order to get through a Maze of Ancient Dwarven Traps by making the derpspawn trigger the traps, rite? But the broodmother would need biomass to produce the derpspawn. Who is feeding her, and with what? Does she birth already mature derpspawn (possibly, cause she's so yuge she's bigger than yo momma)? Why do they follow whatshername's orders and go into the Maze of Ancient Dwarven Traps to trigger the traps?
I thought her girlfirend was the ghoul you meet who keeps muttering that "nursery rhyme".
You might be right, I remember DAO very dimly. It still doesn't explain why the derpspawn listen to that dwarf whatshername's orders, and who and with what is feeding the broodmother.

Lodis

Educated
Why are the Grey Warden ranks made up of Indian women now? Do they do the needful for Darkspawn?

Also not sure how they accomplished it but mage gameplay looks even more boring than Inquisition’s.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
You talk about the characters being ugly, but I'm fascinated by their facial animations. Watch it again from this angle. They look really weird. It reminds me of Andromeda. And it's not a matter of bugs, but probably a lack of mastery of the technology.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom