Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Semiurge

Cipher
DA:O doesn't have random blacks and Asians in a small village.
Plus Cassandra is still allowed to be sexy.

In DA2 she's already protected from the lewd male stare by being a disgusting she-male. A lot happened in those two years apparently.

Cassandra doesn't appear in Origins or any of its expansions. You mean the downgrade that happened between DA2 and Inquisition.

In 2012 she still looked quite decent:

DragonAgeMovie-DVDMenu.png

(yeah, it was anime movie, but still)
Didn't even know this existed, looking up reviews it seems the movie was shit anyway. But that's besides the point, the real issue is that instead of a young hot brunette Inquisition gave us a manjawed 40 year old woman.

Dl6usaY.png

I'd say more like 30. It's the broad jawline, the eye area and the masculine mouth that are the problem. The eye area looks completely randomised, or like the result of some troubled facial geometry or bad animation. Eyebrows never start that close to the inner corners of the eyes, not even when you have really bushy brows. The eyes themselves don't look too far apart when the jaw is that wide, so fixing this thing would simply require that the eyebrows be made lighter on the inner corners. It would change her brooding expression which Bioware obviously was going for, but it would make her look more "real".

Christ Bioware are incompetent. Look at these for example:

yfx72QJ.jpeg
WU2iIdL.jpeg

HmWyZ5E.jpeg

They eye positions are noticeably asymmetrical, and the brows change shape drastically depending on her expression. This mod makes her mouth more pursed and therefore more feminine. Instant improvement.

2GrNRxq.png

This one has apparently cleaned up the eyebrows, but you can still tell that her left eye is further apart from the nose bridge, and may even be tilted differently based on many screenshots of the vanilla face. And the obnoxiously wide jaw is on special display there.

UUuLrGn.jpeg

It's still infuriating that the returning male characters either stay the same or receive upgrades, like Cullen, while the females have all been downgraded between games.

Anders and Alistair basically retained the same facial geometry between Origins (+Awakening) and DA2, plus perhaps more detail afforded by the more polished engine. Cullen went from an average potato-faced bloke to a superhunk, although that may've been simply because he became romanceable.

As for the recurring female chars, let's not even go there. Bioware simply can't let them be because of their involvement in the social revolution.

Edit 1: Shit, Alistair actually appears in Inquishition as well, and it looks like he got a downgrade! At any rate he looks like Cullen's uglier brother. How lazy is that.

AAoUYey.png

Last edited:

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Hard to say which is more retarded. A woman fighting with a sword and shield, or a woman fighting with a sword and shield and with flowing long hair?

Bulo

Scholar
A more historical look would be long hair braided up under a coif or cap, as was done to protect the hair before the invention of shampoo. Then you could have a moment of intimacy during the romance where she lets down her hair like a princess in a fairy tale. I suspect that modern writers don't actually know what a coif is though

La vie sexuelle

Learned
"Reject gay"

*posts guy with a rippling hot body*

I would never have thought of this warrior as anything but a “generic barbarian,” and certainly not “guy with a rippling hot body.” Besides, I only chose this particular screen because it’s the only one that showcases the proto-Morrigan.

"Reject gay"

*posts guy with a rippling hot body*
La vie sexuelle is well established as a gigantic poofter

You faggots have some weird fetish with converting straight guys to gayness.

I realize I'm a cool guy with a nice demeanor and soft superficiality, but my ass is a fortress.

countrydoctor

Novice
Imagine not wanting a hot GF who has your back in a bar fight.
There was no issue until clowns began treating entertainment as a stage for their political views. Looney troons hate 80s warrior chicks just as much as the rest of that entertainment era.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
They should only be allowed if they're hot and show an appropriate amount of titty meat. That was always a fair compromise but the fat chicks who infested every development studio are so god damned greedy that they make you play as a girl and you don't even get to enjoy looking at her. It's a total assault on every one of your senses and a FUCKING DISGRACE. I hope they all have nothing but miscarriages for the rest of their lives. Amen.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
titty meat
Professional 4ch incel lingo right here.

Nuh uh you're the virgin and you live in your parents basement and youre gay and you like anime and youre overweight and everything you say is actually a projection (real psychology term, look it up chud) and I am rubber and you are glue. now, begone from my notifications, I have to put some serious thought into which butt ugly woman I want to pretend to kiss in this game.

Shitposter
Nuh uh you're the virgin and you live in your parents basement and youre gay and you like anime and youre overweight and everything you say is actually a projection (real psychology term, look it up chud) and I am rubber and you are glue. now, begone from my notifications, I have to put some serious thought into which butt ugly woman I want to pretend to kiss in this game
This is why your mom regretted not taking the plan b. She told me last night at her workplace, the whorehouse.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
Nuh uh you're the virgin and you live in your parents basement and youre gay and you like anime and youre overweight and everything you say is actually a projection (real psychology term, look it up chud) and I am rubber and you are glue. now, begone from my notifications, I have to put some serious thought into which butt ugly woman I want to pretend to kiss in this game
This is why your mom regretted not taking the plan b. She told me last night at her workplace, the whorehouse.
Ooooh that was dumb of you.. u know why? Huh?? I told u i am rubber... Oh look here comes ur insult... here it comes!!

*BOING*

It's coming right back at you now and youre fuckin GLUE buddy. you know what that means right?? it's gonna stick right on u dumbass. HAHAHA - IT'S YOUR MOM NOW!!

No takebacks, live with the doomed post that you created bitch.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ooooh that was dumb of you.. u know why? Huh?? I told u i am rubber... Oh look here comes ur insult... here it comes!!

*BOING*

It's coming right back at you now and youre fuckin GLUE buddy. you know what that means right?? it's gonna stick right on u dumbass. HAHAHA - IT'S YOUR MOM NOW!!

No takebacks, live with the doomed post that you created bitch.

Hey, let's dial it back a notch. No need to bring out the nuclear option like that.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
Sorry bro i just get so pissed when these chuds come in here and make fun of my disabled middle-aged indian waifus and I lose it sometimes...
Back on topic, do you think they'll have a picnic mechanic so we can take our in game GF on a picnic and give them a smooch if we have a high enough courage stat?

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I looked it up on urban dictionary. I did NOT need to know that.
If it makes you feel better the term is indeed an old British word for gay men but the explanation from urban dictionary isn't accurate, it just meant a feminine man, urban dictionary writers are just obsessed with shoehorning fart jokes into everything.
Past generations would also accept 'poof' for those who didn't want to waste an extra syllable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom