Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Silverfish

Arbiter
This is why your mom regretted not taking the plan b. She told me last night at her workplace, the whorehouse.

There's no shame in being an accountant at a whorehouse.

Back on topic, do you think they'll have a picnic mechanic so we can take our in game GF on a picnic and give them a smooch if we have a high enough courage stat?

Bold of you to assume Veilguard will have stats.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Back on topic, do you think they'll have a picnic mechanic so we can take our in game GF on a picnic and give them a smooch if we have a high enough courage stat?

Bold of you to assume Veilguard will have stats.

Are you trying to be ironic? Because I think this is actually a good point in this case. God Bioware sucks. :lol:

Shitposter
Ooooh that was dumb of you.. u know why? Huh?? I told u i am rubber... Oh look here comes ur insult... here it comes!!

*BOING*

It's coming right back at you now and youre fuckin GLUE buddy. you know what that means right?? it's gonna stick right on u dumbass. HAHAHA - IT'S YOUR MOM NOW!!

No takebacks, live with the doomed post that you created bitch.
Abortion could've stop this. Want a free ticket to vasectomy, buddy?

Man went full 4chuds posting over a pixel on a lightbox lmao.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This game has the UI as if it came from the worst time of PC ports of console games

ss_90183c305ccf080f68a9d230a7f97884b7546ff6.jpg

Even games like Deus Ex Invisible War had much better one.

Also graphics are vomit inducing. How come each of the Dragon Age games look worse and worse? What is going on in this company?!

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
I looked it up on urban dictionary. I did NOT need to know that.
If it makes you feel better the term is indeed an old British word for gay men but the explanation from urban dictionary isn't accurate, it just meant a feminine man, urban dictionary writers are just obsessed with shoehorning fart jokes into everything.
UD is correct tho. Gays don't fart the same because their ass is permanently gaping open. They also shit their pants on a regular basis.

TheDarkUrge

Educated
This game has the UI as if it came from the worst time of PC ports of console games

ss_90183c305ccf080f68a9d230a7f97884b7546ff6.jpg

Even games like Deus Ex Invisible War had much better one.

Also graphics are vomit inducing. How come each of the Dragon Age games look worse and worse? What is going on in this company?!
you can't even look at the environment with all the shit everywhere

also that elf is black, it's so over

Shitposter
you can't even look at the environment
In the past, a common solution was to apply a filter to the entire environment. This helped to make the user interface (UI) colors stand out when the overall scene appeared monotonous.

Every era is a reaction to previous era, so current era games do not or rarely - have filter anymore, prioritizing accurate color and in-game color paradigm, so this game, which has a lot of magic spells and flashing lights has a Clutter problem.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Both aren't scary looking. I think the scary thing about darkspawn wasn't how they look, but how they are made.
I seem to recall some *serious* derp regarding that from DAO. So that dorf whatshername made her girlfriend into a broodmother so she can spawn endless derpspawn in order to get through a Maze of Ancient Dwarven Traps by making the derpspawn trigger the traps, rite? But the broodmother would need biomass to produce the derpspawn. Who is feeding her, and with what? Does she birth already mature derpspawn (possibly, cause she's so yuge she's bigger than yo momma)? Why do they follow whatshername's orders and go into the Maze of Ancient Dwarven Traps to trigger the traps?

Last edited:
Shitposter
Who is feeding her, and with what?

Does she birth already mature derpspawn
Both of these questions can be answered with: "Don't worry about it", because that wasn't the point, imo.

Why do the follow whatshername's
Branka's story is that of Trolley problem and a question: What can change the nature of a woman?

Seriously. Because that wasn't explained well in DAO. Did she just woke up one day and decide, fuck let's get that iron thingy and create an army of drones to fight the chudspawns. Be lesbian, do war crime etc.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Shitposter
Ah, the good old "it's fantasy, it doesn't have to make sense". Spieprzaj dziadu!*
Suspension of disbelief. The important part of a Story is the Story itself, the conflict and the solutions. The aim is to ask a question and let the player answer it or find pre-existing answer (C&C and shit), finding out whether a 3 month old chudspawn can be considered a full-chudspawn is not the point ---- is all I am saying.

I like polish people :-D, especially this kind:

Open_black_Kiwi.JPG

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
Come on that inbred (your father I assume?) that lives in your house can come up with something that worth an actual decent discussion, lmao.

Just go to 4ch, your fellow retard missed you.

Waiting for the next malding and retard posting over today's gameplay w/ commentary footage @IGN. This shit hole never cease to amaze me :)
no u

Slaver1

Savant
The real tragedy would be if HijabProtector is polished enough to be a mediocre title which sates the bugman pallete like DA Inquisition which had no real controversy on its release.

If there's nothing overtly glaring and embarrassing that turns the game into a meme shortly after it's out they're likely to happily consume and create a positive feedback loop on places like Plebbit & Rejectera even if it's just as soulless as ME Andromeda but less memeable. Viral social media trends affect Goyslop consumers just as effectively as mass marketing does, if not moreso.

Herumor

Scholar
Man, to think I would look back on Dragon Age 2 and say that's the best visual depiction of the Qunari in the series is wild.

Aarwolf

Learned
Ah, the good old "it's fantasy, it doesn't have to make sense". Spieprzaj dziadu!*
Suspension of disbelief. The important part of a Story is the Story itself, the conflict and the solutions. The aim is to ask a question and let the player answer it or find pre-existing answer (C&C and shit), finding out whether a 3 month old chudspawn can be considered a full-chudspawn is not the point ---- is all I am saying.

I like polish people :-D, especially this kind:

Open_black_Kiwi.JPG

Skasuj konto.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Qunari are humans with horns now. Might as well called them Tieflings

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom