Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

behold_a_man

Educated
Tl2sVdh.png
"If only you knew how bad things really are."

Last edited:

countrydoctor

Novice
I just realized the combat reminds me about a fucking Xenoblade 2 of all games, same 3 abilities + ult and cross skill combos shit, now with 50 genders instead of anime girls with big tits.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
This looks nothing like Dragon Age.

It looks like an Asian mobile game made by North Americans. With North American style character designs.

-watches Concord bomb so hard it died in two weeks-

Yeah okay.

Also a pretty hefty dislike ratio for a six hour-old video:

1725403619319.png

Child of Malkav

Erudite
This looks nothing like Dragon Age.

It looks like an Asian mobile game made by North Americans. With North American style character designs.

-watches Concord bomb so hard it died in two weeks-

Yeah okay.

Also a pretty hefty dislike ratio for a six hour-old video:

View attachment 54562
What baffles me is that there is not a strong enough negative reception to this.
How many of these creatures called "fans" even know that there was a game called Origins in 2009? Let alone any who have played it. 10 years since the last game and this IP should be unknown to them. Should have melded into obscurity.
Unless they grew up playing DA2/DAI and their minds are all broken. Or this whole thing is astroturfed to hell and back.
IDK anymore. What's happening in the gaming industry defies all logic, common sense, stats, everything. Just psy ops everywhere.

This game has the UI as if it came from the worst time of PC ports of console games

ss_90183c305ccf080f68a9d230a7f97884b7546ff6.jpg

Even games like Deus Ex Invisible War had much better one.

Also graphics are vomit inducing. How come each of the Dragon Age games look worse and worse? What is going on in this company?!

Surprised they didn’t just copy the Final Fantasy 7 remake’s system. Hell, if you’re just pausing the game when issuing commands they could’ve just went with the FF7 remake’s menu system, given the player access to more skills, and gone with more than a party of three.

Semiurge

Cipher
You talk about the characters being ugly, but I'm fascinated by their facial animations. Watch it again from this angle. They look really weird. It reminds me of Andromeda. And it's not a matter of bugs, but probably a lack of mastery of the technology.

When have Bioware characters ever had natural facial animations?

They work with FPS game engines now, and the insult to their injury are those incompetent moron creatives because the real talent was kicked out during the EA takeover and no-one sane wants to work there.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Why are the Grey Warden ranks made up of Indian women now? Do they do the needful for Darkspawn?

Also not sure how they accomplished it but mage gameplay looks even more boring than Inquisition’s.
The retarded fuckers still haven't figured out why sending women to fight darkspawn is a bad idea yet???

Who needs a guided gameplay commentary if the entire game guides itself? This is gonna be mid. So, basically a 7/10 IGN affair.

Fortunately for them, gaming studios aren't in the movie business (even if a few of them try real hard). Movie studios can serve critics a world breaking record of Special FX, a cast that'd make heads turn in Cannes and a product that can be watched start to finish without severely breaking. And (deservedly) still get totally panned by everyone. In games, if a title looks alright, serves up some form of basic entertainment, and doesn't bluescreen right from loading it up, it's a 6ish/10 already. Anything below 5/10, and you know you're in for one helluva total stinker, with even outright inept product such as last year's Gollum oft struggling to move below scores of 4/10. Honestly, critical reception to blockbusting movies has been way more mixed up from their very beginning. That's not made up, that's the truth. Take a look at the reviews of each year's most popular movies vs each year's most popular games.

That's naught to do with games having such superior quality on average. It's all to do with video gaming criticism still being rather technical, so pretty superficial surface level. So decent GFX, servicable gameplay and a story that doesn't get in the way, and you're set for recommendation. Anything else tends to be shoved into specifically marked opinion pieces or into hallway / teamspeak conversations: "You know, this is pretty nicely made. But so stupid, bland and been there done that a hundred times before, I'd never have wasted my time on it if I weren't tasked with reviewing." If the Borderlands movie had been a game, it'd received at least 5-6ish scores across the board also. Lucky Bioware! ;)

Last edited:

La vie sexuelle

Learned
You talk about the characters being ugly, but I'm fascinated by their facial animations. Watch it again from this angle. They look really weird. It reminds me of Andromeda. And it's not a matter of bugs, but probably a lack of mastery of the technology.

When have Bioware characters ever had natural facial animations?

They work with FPS game engines now, and the insult to their injury are those incompetent moron creatives because the real talent was kicked out during the EA takeover and no-one sane wants to work there.

Natural? Never. But technology is evolving and we can say if something is fitting at the time or not.

These we fine in 2010:

Of course, there are better and worse cases. Bloodlines had glorious animation six years earlier:

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
I just realized the combat reminds me about a fucking Xenoblade 2 of all games, same 3 abilities + ult and cross skill combos shit, now with 50 genders instead of anime girls with big tits.
There's more thought behind Xenoblade 2's combo system than anything i saw from this combat. Building up Elemental Orbs, then breaking then so your Chain Attack last longer is cooler than detonation system and you don't have only 3 abilities in XC2 , you have 9 abilities once you unlock 3 blades. And your companions are actually useful.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Why are the Grey Warden ranks made up of Indian women now? Do they do the needful for Darkspawn?

Also not sure how they accomplished it but mage gameplay looks even more boring than Inquisition’s.
The retarded fuckers still haven't figured out why sending women to fight darkspawn is a bad idea yet???

Eh to be fair they would probably get enough women for Broodmothers simply from raiding that if you have fighting capable women (politics aside, you can play women adventurer even in AD&D, so let's put this point down), then you will use it. Most women also died before converted into one so I would assume it's statistically insignificant

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Both aren't scary looking. I think the scary thing about darkspawn wasn't how they look, but how they are made. Click to expand... I seem to recall some *serious* derp regarding that from DAO. So that dorf whatshername made her girlfriend into a broodmother so she can spawn endless derpspawn in order to get through a Maze of Ancient Dwarven Traps by making the derpspawn trigger the traps, rite? But the broodmother would need biomass to produce the derpspawn. Who is feeding her, and with what? Does she birth already mature derpspawn (possibly, cause she's so yuge she's bigger than yo momma)? Why do they follow whatshername's orders and go into the Maze of Ancient Dwarven Traps to trigger the traps?
I thought her girlfirend was the ghoul you meet who keeps muttering that "nursery rhyme".
You might be right, I remember DAO very dimly. It still doesn't explain why the derpspawn listen to that dwarf whatshername's orders, and who and with what is feeding the broodmother.

She doesn't really give darkspawn orders. Basically she needs canon fodders to activate the Anvil traps, so I assume she just baited the darkspawns as darkspawn seems to be aggressive to all kind of live and certainly would be attacking you on instinct especially when you are walking around their lair.

Drakspawn feeds the broodmother. While men are probably murdered on the spot, non-fighting women are kidnapped by darkspawn to create broodmothers from what I remember. Conversion ratio is probably extremely low otherwise we would have dozens of broodmothers from 1 darkspawn raiding 1 human village.

Shaja

Educated
The Davrin character is the biggest insult to the black people's representation I've ever seen in entertainment.

They made the biggest goofy, unsettling, hopw roewur ne character ever. Just because these cucks pretend to be cool with diversity and making "something different".

And in the end, it will be another Jacob / Liam from Mass Effect.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom