Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
How many times has been PunchYouInTheFace punched in the head? 100? 1000? 1 000 000? More. Don't know how many exactly but enough to get excited over prime goyslop like Veilguards

Game which has approval from King of Retards, sassy lesbian like him, surelly will set new standards in how shit game can be and how fast studio can go bankrupt after release*

*relief. We are talking about literal shit

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Can't wait for civil war to start and USA server to go live. You'll be killed in first minutes of it by chuddest chud to ever chud. Poetic beauty

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Usually big AAA titles dominate the top 10 at least a few months before release.

All the signs point out that the game will not sell. Any major AAA title 6 weeks? before release should be in the top ten sellers at least. I don't think people all of a sudden will show massive interest in the game. They are releasing tons of promo material every few days yet it is not having an effect?

Lodis

Educated
https://tech4gamers.com/dragon-age-the-veilguard-steam-sales/
Dragon Age: The Veilguard hasn’t even managed to break into the top 100 best-sellers on Steam so far. Bioware’s upcoming release is also number 42 on the most wish-listed games, pointing out that not many players are excited about it.
dragon-age-steam.jpg

Why it matters: Given the game’s great reception, most would assume that its pre-order figures on Steam would be quite high with just a month until launch.
Unless you’re only reading r/DragonAge, the reception is anything but “great.”

Suicide Squad
Flintlock
Dustborn
Concord
SW: Outlaws
Dragon Age: Veilguard <-- NEXT
AC: Shadows <-- NEXT
The only place that's hyped for it is r/DragonAge and that place is wrapped up in a bubble of toxic positivity where any sort of criticism gets you banned for being bigoted. I've also noticed any discussion about Origins is downvoted to hell unless it's to complain about how Origins has "problematic" elements (usually in regards to Broodmothers and Desire Demons two entities which have all but vanished from the setting) or romance obsessed trannies crying about how it's a crime that characters like Morrigan and Alistair aren't gay and claiming that characters having set sexual orientations is outdated.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
How many times has been PunchYouInTheFace punched in the head? 100? 1000? 1 000 000? More. Don't know how many exactly but enough to get excited over prime goyslop like Veilguards

Game which has approval from King of Retards, sassy lesbian like him, surelly will set new standards in how shit game can be and how fast studio can go bankrupt after release*

*relief. We are talking about literal shit
Pretty sure his parents just dropped him from the top of the Stupid Tree as a newborn and he hit every branch on the way down. So, the correct answer is zero.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
The only place that's hyped for it is r/DragonAge and that place is wrapped up in a bubble of toxic positivity where any sort of criticism gets you banned for being bigoted. I've also noticed any discussion about Origins is downvoted to hell unless it's to complain about how Origins has "problematic" elements (usually in regards to Broodmothers and Desire Demons two entities which have all but vanished from the setting) or romance obsessed trannies crying about how it's a crime that characters like Morrigan and Alistair aren't gay and claiming that characters having set sexual orientations is outdated.
I was reading that sub. I left and muted it since DAI came out and a lot of those "people" (allegedly) wer shitting on Origins.
It's quite obvious when a fanbase shifts or changes.

Stoned Ape

Savant
since I am not a redditor like you
Nah you seem to be a special one, probably a bot. Anyway, your tag tells me you're a shitlord.
What's interesting about him is how he projects his insecurities about his self worth, lifestyle, and mother's sexual promiscuity onto other posters. It's a bit sad that he wishes his mum had been sterilized before he was conceived, he should probably see a shrink about that.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
What's interesting about him is how he projects his insecurities about his self worth, lifestyle, and mother's sexual promiscuity onto other posters. It's a bit sad that he wishes his mum had been sterilized before he was conceived, he should probably see a shrink about that.
He seems to project a lot of his retardation all over the place, like a jeet.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Does anyone even identify as a bisexual anymore? Is being a bisexual inherently oppressive and exclusionary, because it excludes the agender, third gender and genderfluid people and denies them their right to live, love and be loved? Will the stubborn bisexuals, who refuse to identify as pansexual, be kept in the camps of tolerance and gassed in the love chambers? These are the important questions that Veilguard makes me want to ask.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The fact that the website has the Funko Pop game in trending tells me everything I need to know.

Lodis

Educated
I remember when DA2 came out it one of the many criticisms was the companions were all playersexual and how that cheapened relationships. Fast forward to current day and not only is that term considered “problematic” but if you have a cast of characters that don’t want to fuck everything that moves regardless of gender or even species it’s considered a bad game design choice by the usual mentally ill

Semiurge

Cipher
'm not an artist, is it that much more difficult to make good looking fantasy race faces while still appealing to human beauty standards?

Not to a skilled artist, but a lot of their alienness was probably lost because they became romanceable party members. Iron Bull still had an alien face, but also human eyes so that he'd seem more sympathetic as an ally / love interest. The current qunari are logical part of the same continuum, and also more streamlined for budget reasons. Another, darker explanation for their human faces could be that it will make it easier to "diversify" them in the future if their human facial geometry becomes canon in people's minds.

It’s been pretty common since the Can You Pet the Dog? Twitter account has been a thing. And it’s been something that shows up in the marketing of some games for the last few years...which is also the point where it officially became fucking annoying.
Credit or blame should be assigned to Ghost of Tsushima for its fox-petting simulation:

Fox-Petting-Simulator-Reduced.jpg

Fox petting in a game set in feudal Japan I can excuse because of the animal's mythic significance.

YT just recommended me this. He really hates the look and gameplay.

Well, he's a good spokesperson for the community.

"Looks worse than Raid Shadow Legends."
"Concord had better looking characters."
He had a few good lines.

This comment is pretty damning, 1.3k upvotes:

@t3tsuyaguy1

2 days ago
This game was developed as a live service game, until Anthem failed, and then they removed the multiplayer and bulked out the single player elements. So, instead of building a single player Dragon Age Game from scratch, they've converted what was probably a crap multiplayer game into a single player game. You can see it everywhere. I guarantee that's why we can't select our companions, because your companions were supposed to be other players.

Dead on arrival.

So Inquisition all over again? I thought that its development also started as a live-service game. That's what EA's wanted ever since.

Anyone caught playing this, regardless under how many layers of irony, should have his RPG Codex citizenship revoked and his account deported to 9th circle of Reddit Cringe Hell

We can't revoke Fedora Master 's membership until he delivers the promised Let's Play.

I've also noticed any discussion about Origins is downvoted to hell unless it's to complain about how Origins has "problematic" elements (usually in regards to Broodmothers and Desire Demons two entities which have all but vanished from the setting) or romance obsessed trannies crying about how it's a crime that characters like Morrigan and Alistair aren't gay and claiming that characters having set sexual orientations is outdated.

That's 1:1 to the situation on r/TombRaider in regards to Core Design's Tomb Raider vs Crystal Dynamic's "Tomb Protector", now sparked up again because of the TR1-3 remaster. The mods there are rabid fans of the new apologetic, non-colonial TR franchise and try to bury all threads that praise the original games, including the remasters.

It's over when the neo-marxists take over something, be it companies, fandoms or forums.

It's quite obvious when a fanbase shifts or changes.

Or transitions...

Does anyone even identify as a bisexual anymore? Is being a bisexual inherently oppressive and exclusionary, because it excludes the agender, third gender and genderfluid people and denies them their right to live, love and be loved? Will the stubborn bisexuals, who refuse to identify as pansexual, be kept in the camps of tolerance and gassed in the love chambers? These are the important questions that Veilguard makes me want to ask.

Bisexuality is one word marked for removal for the new, improved version of nuspeak dictionary. It falsely denotes that there are only two clearly-defined genders one can be attracted to. As such, the word does actual real-life harm to people and kills puppies. Your asking this means that you're not bettering yourself enough. Touch grass, read a book, and do better in the future so that you can become a decent human being.

Last edited:
It’s been pretty common since the Can You Pet the Dog? Twitter account has been a thing. And it’s been something that shows up in the marketing of some games for the last few years...which is also the point where it officially became fucking annoying.
Credit or blame should be assigned to Ghost of Tsushima for its fox-petting simulation:

Fox-Petting-Simulator-Reduced.jpg

It was big before this. The Can You Pet the Dog Twitter account was around a year before Ghost of Tsushima came out.

I just always looked at it as an offshoot of the Internet’s annoying shit about every dog being “Best Boy Doggo” or whatever bullshit. Like I have a dog that I love too, but this almost automated response some people online would run through when a dog came up got pretty fucking annoying. Anyways, during that stuff people started noting games that had dogs (and cats) and if they let you pet or not pet them...and then in 2019 someone made a Twitter account that was just about that. After the account went up, which was fairly popular, developers started putting more animal petting in and publishers started using it in marketing.

Semiurge

Cipher
Oh yes, you can have the option to barter with demons using an innocent child's soul as merchandise, and the option to sell your kin to rapists and slavers. It's all cool. But to kick a cur on the street?

Monstrous.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom