Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I can call you bald, will that help?
By the way, I chose this pic not because I'm bald, which I am but who cares. I chose it because it has a smug grin and it's monocled, but no one notices that! :lol:

Elttharion

Learned
So Tevinter was fag shit since Inquisition?
Welcome to the faggotverse
Wait a moment, wasn't Tevinter in DAI the evil homophobic empire in which the homowizard from your party was persecuted by his family?

They seemed pretty fago-sceptical 10 years ago.
They were never consistent.

From Cisquisition:
Yet, even there, a noble who has done their duty to the family might be allowed to pursue their own sexual interests without raising eyebrows.
The view on indulging lusts with a member of the same gender varies from land to land. In Tevinter, it is considered selfish and deviant behavior among nobles, but actively encouraged with favored slaves. Nowhere is it forbidden, and sex of any kind is only considered worthy of judgment when taken to awful excess or performed in the public eye.
They wanted both the homo persecution story and the rainbow utopia setting.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

From Cisquisition:
Yet, even there, a noble who has done their duty to the family might be allowed to pursue their own sexual interests without raising eyebrows.
The view on indulging lusts with a member of the same gender varies from land to land. In Tevinter, it is considered selfish and deviant behavior among nobles, but actively encouraged with favored slaves. Nowhere is it forbidden, and sex of any kind is only considered worthy of judgment when taken to awful excess or performed in the public eye.
They wanted both the homo persecution story and the rainbow utopia setting.
So, they basically they turned Tevinter into ancient Greece.

Not sure if that was the idea.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Of course An*los don't know anything about European culture and history, what else did you expect.

Fortunately, at least they have educational documentaries about it:

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Not much longer

NEEUDVfybhtaLcLThpKhAD.jpg
Is that one of those mummy embalming tools she is holding? That tool that pulls the brain out of the skull through the nose?

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Not much longer

Is that one of those mummy embalming tools she is holding? That tool that pulls the brain out of the skull through the nose?
I think its a smoking pipe, but since this is Dragon Age, it cant just look like a normal pipe, It has to be some weirdly stupid high concept design
I think I prefer my interpretation of it... :lol:

PIPE-DIPE WHAT SHE HAS ON HEAD?!!

A stand? Plate? Antenna?

Why does every element of this game have to be so stupid?

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Not much longer

I think its a smoking pipe, but since this is Dragon Age, it cant just look like a normal pipe, It has to be some weirdly stupid high concept design
I think I prefer my interpretation of it... :lol:

PIPE-DIPE WHAT SHE HAS ON HEAD?!!

A stand? Plate? Antenna?

Why does every element of this game have to be so stupid?
They were going for a fascinator. But because they are talentless hacks, they failed so hard, it looked like it got hit by a plate so hard, it stuck.

21d91e69f2067ebca47a71a785eb3436.jpg

Here's my two cents on this issue - the game is going to be shit and fail both commercially and critically.

Commercially yes. Critically...I don’t know. The major outlets seem to be circling the wagons. It probably reviews fairly well given the preview reactions from them; but nobody really buys it, and it’ll be used as an example of why modern gaming outlets suck. It’ll especially be used against outlets if it gets better reviews than some better playing more popular comparable game from this year.

What grinds my gears is seeing IGN and YouTube personalities pretend BioWare is still a prestigious studio. It's only a name now, just like Blizzard. The people who had great ideas and made the games good are long gone.

What grinds my gears is seeing IGN and YouTube personalities pretend BioWare is still a prestigious studio. It's only a name now, just like Blizzard. The people who had great ideas and made the games good are long gone.
Practice zen. Being triggered by game journos is an unnecessary waste of time and health.
I'm not that invested, I just find it annoying. Stuff like that is why people tune out IGN these days. It's unfortunate a lot of YouTube channels people used as alternatives to the gaming press have become corporate bootlickers. There used to be divide there.

Lodis

Educated
Barely seeing any hype for the game now despite releasing in a few weeks. Guess BioWare ran out of shill money already.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom