Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Seeker
In My Safe Space
The game will be impactful, if it wasn't it would not have forced people to make codex accounts just to hate on it.

Semiurge

Cipher
Look at these young men.
Full of life and hopes. Dreaming about a bright future. A bright future where their will finally add top surgery scars to a character creator.

BioWare-Early-Shot-01.jpg
We need a nostalgia button. "Old" is not the same.

OlQAPsH.png
x1 Old Gold

Not much longer

NEEUDVfybhtaLcLThpKhAD.jpg
Is that one of those mummy embalming tools she is holding? That tool that pulls the brain out of the skull through the nose?
I think its a smoking pipe, but since this is Dragon Age, it cant just look like a normal pipe, It has to be some weirdly stupid high concept design
I think I prefer my interpretation of it... :lol:

PIPE-DIPE WHAT SHE HAS ON HEAD?!!

A stand? Plate? Antenna?

Why does every element of this game have to be so stupid?

A one-sided horseface blinder. Latest fashion, and very practical in combat.

thesecret1

Arcane
Not much longer

NEEUDVfybhtaLcLThpKhAD.jpg
Is that one of those mummy embalming tools she is holding? That tool that pulls the brain out of the skull through the nose?
I think its a smoking pipe, but since this is Dragon Age, it cant just look like a normal pipe, It has to be some weirdly stupid high concept design
I think I prefer my interpretation of it... :lol:

PIPE-DIPE WHAT SHE HAS ON HEAD?!!

A stand? Plate? Antenna?

Why does every element of this game have to be so stupid?
It's a squished academic cap, to show she smart and modern (can't have some bigoted traditional look), and put on the side to show she's quirky. Perfect fashion statement for this girlboss!

La vie sexuelle

Learned
They were going for a fascinator. But because they are talentless hacks, they failed so hard, it looked like it got hit by a plate so hard, it stuck.

21d91e69f2067ebca47a71a785eb3436.jpg

It's a squished academic cap, to show she smart and modern (can't have some bigoted traditional look), and put on the side to show she's quirky. Perfect fashion statement for this girlboss!

I suppose that was the point, but it still all looks stupid. This simple thing shows how complex the aesthetics of this game are.

This thread is losing steam.

Capitalismunism. Drug worse than fentanyl.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I suppose that was the point, but it still all looks stupid. This simple thing shows how complex the aesthetics of this game are.
When it comes to hats and outfits, the entire Dragon Age series is wall to wall bad ideas, and don't even get me started on their shield designs!

Of course, especially after the first part, when first they went cartoony, then they tried to rationalize the cartoon, and now they went full cartoon.

However, I think that when it comes to games like this (I am putting aside truly historical games here), we can turn a blind eye to many things as long as we recognize the referent of the symbolic representation. Veilguard has crossed a certain line here and is part of a broader trend where designs are becoming so abstract that we have trouble comparing them to something familiar. After all, Concord messed up the design because their characters looked really weird.

As a resident of the western world, I absolutely reject the idea that this agenda is in any way to our interests. It's blatantly self-destructive. The minority of people pushing it may think it is in *their* interests, but only because they expect to exploit and destroy the rest of us.

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
The only good thing about the last 2 games are the voice actors with special mention for Varric and Morrigan. The new game seems to be even worse than Inquisition.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom