Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Semiurge

Cipher
Here's your fanservice outfit

PCutKPe.png
I think the real metric of success for the biowarian crowd will be if someone is willing to spend 20K making a sexdoll out of this like some degenerate Larian fanboy did for Astarion.

Is this it?

qOcBv5Q.png

Matt Rhodes is often blamed for Bioware's art direction choices - I mean, it is his job - but trannization of women seems outside of his control? They always look alright on sketches.

The fuck they do. His style is literally an embodiment of early 2000's deviantart, later Tumbler, and modern hipster. I loathe it, it looks immature and schmalzy.

YlGIEwL.jpeg

zcZMG2D.jpeg

X4xA88O.jpeg

HIcty17.jpeg

No of course not. It's also a junkie disease.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Dragon-Age-2-Arishok-Qunari.jpg

I'm sorry, DA2, I didn't know how good I've had it. I take back at least a quarter of terrible things I've said about you. Wait, no, quarter is too much. Let's do a fifth.

Butter

Arcane
Patron

How does turning Spiders into Crabs even help? Crabs basically look like Spiders, and they’ve got claws, Spiders with claws you’d think would be a nightmare for some little pussy bitch that can’t even stand to look at fake Digital Spiders on a screen.
It's all bullshit. It should be cathartic for a genuine arachnophobe to kill virtual spiders that can never pose a real threat to the player. These people are just faggots and want attention.

Inec0rn

Novice
As a very arachnophobic person - can confirm computer game spiders do absolutely nothing for me and also think its attention seeking dumb. No one is skilled enough to model or animate a spider that's in any way actually like a spider.

Far cry from the initial concept.

JMQCwyT.png

Guess the tranny director felt threatened over a fictional women having any sort of pronounced tits, ass, hips, etc.

I will never understand why BioWare doesn’t make the Dragon Age games look like the cartoony concept art. In this game, and Inquisition, they do this really stupid thing where they only take the stylized cartoony costume design, and they put those costumes on realistic looking characters (although in this game realistic looking characters with bigger heads than normal) in a realistic looking world. The funny thing is if they made the games look like the concept art, not only would the games look better, it’d likely cost them less money to make.

Old Hans

Arcane
Far cry from the initial concept.

JMQCwyT.png

Guess the tranny director felt threatened over a fictional women having any sort of pronounced tits, ass, hips, etc.

I will never understand why BioWare doesn’t make the Dragon Age games look like the cartoony concept art. In this game, and Inquisition, they do this really stupid thing where they only take the stylized cartoony costume design, and they put those costumes on realistic looking characters (although in this game realistic looking characters with bigger heads than normal) in a realistic looking world. The funny thing is if they made the games look like the concept art, not only would the games look better, it’d likely cost them less money to make.
or design outfits that don't look gay and awful. Bioware needs to imitate outfits from the Witcher games, which are master class fantasy design.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
It's time to put a stop to arachnophobia.
Spiders are good pest control, let them live around your house and you will not have to worry about insects annoying you.
I have visited the houses of people who kill spiders and they are full of flies.
I wish dragon age had a mine full of spiders and you would gradually train them to obey you and later send them to missions for pest control and use the rewards from the grateful people to buy armor and weapons for your spider army.

Modron

Arcane
I have visited the houses of people who kill spiders and they are full of flies.
Of all the years of spiders coming in the house only ever seen 1 with a fly in its web most just seem to starve to death in a corner for me to find and vacuum up weeks later. How filthy are these houses you visit to have so many flies? Do they not have mesh screens on their windows?

Yosharian

Arcane
As a very arachnophobic person - can confirm computer game spiders do absolutely nothing for me and also think its attention seeking dumb. No one is skilled enough to model or animate a spider that's in any way actually like a spider.
I also can't fucking stand spiders, I'm like a giant pussy every time I see one that's even remotely big. They give me the fucking jitters so bad.

Also never had a problem ever with spiders in-game, sure I don't like looking at them or anything, but enough to turn off the game? For fuck's sake that's absurd.

Yosharian

Arcane
It's time to put a stop to arachnophobia.
Spiders are good pest control, let them live around your house and you will not have to worry about insects annoying you.
I wish dragon age had a mine full of spiders and you would gradually train them to obey you and later send them to missions for pest control and use the rewards from the grateful people to buy armor and weapons for your spider army.
Arachnophobia isn't a rational fear you fucking moron. That's literally in the definition of phobia:

A phobia is an anxiety disorder, defined by an irrational, unrealistic, persistent and excessive fear of an object or situation.

"LOL BUT SPIDERS ARE GOOD FOR YOUR HOUSE" You don't fucking say! Thanks for solving my issue Captain Obvious!

Yosharian

Arcane
It's all bullshit. It should be cathartic for a genuine arachnophobe to kill virtual spiders that can never pose a real threat to the player. These people are just faggots and want attention.
Also yes it is very satisfying for me to kill spiders in games so yeah that theory works out

I can usually be heard shouting at the screen something along the lines of DIE DIE YOU PIECE OF SHIT or THAT'S WHAT YOU GET BITCH etc

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

How does turning Spiders into Crabs even help? Crabs basically look like Spiders, and they’ve got claws, Spiders with claws you’d think would be a nightmare for some little pussy bitch that can’t even stand to look at fake Digital Spiders on a screen.
Ehh, a real phobia is an irrational fear. I guess applying logic isn't a good idea here. It must be noted, however, that treating a phobia is done through exposure to the object of the phobia. Starting with digital representations seems to be a great idea.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ehh, a real phobia is an irrational fear. I guess applying logic isn't a good idea here. It must be noted, however, that treating a phobia is done through exposure to the object of the phobia. Starting with digital representations seems to be a great idea.
and ending with fucking spiders after all, huh?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom