Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Xorazm

Cipher
Sorry if you guys already covered this, but if not it's interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6k42-4bPto&ab_channel=LukeStephensLIVE

The gist is that Bioware is being curiously stingy with their review codes, and that none of the people who went to the preview event and came back with critical comments got review codes. The only people getting codes are major outlets and people who were positive about the preview.

Dude thinks this is a mistake, but nah, seems clever on my part to ensure that the tidal wave of BIOWARE IS BACK headlines break through and pump up those early numbers. The DA core and the casuals don't care to dig far enough into content creators and the more crunchy crpg channels.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the preview event was some 4d chess move to figure who should and who shouldn't get review codes in order to inflate hype as much as possible.

Rieser

Scholar
I've had the unfortunate task of reviewing this game and just finished. I know you're all making fun of this turd, but it's worse than you think. First off, regarding all the woke shit - there's a lot. Believe you me, there is a fucking lot. I mean, the central personal development of Taash is that she is a woman who wants to be a man (so the opposite of what Cael guessed last page), which is probably also why they designed her to look like one. In the spoilers below is a pic from a fairly early conversation (in case there are actually self-harming people among you intending to play this and don't want to be spoiled) where Taash is talking about how she wants to dress like a man, that she hates dresses, that no one wants to be a woman and so on and Neve trying to cheer her up. To be fair, there is actually an option to not sympathize and essentially tell Taash to get her shit together in this convo, though it's inconsequential.

Anyway, point is, it's woke as fuck. Now, that's all well and good but it gets a lot worse because regardless of political and ideological agendas, if we're looking at this game from a purely mechanical perspective it still reeks. I can't give you an example of a single mechanic I enjoyed. The "crafting" is laughable, itemization is horrible, character builds and progression are meaningless and the combat is the worst offender. It's beyond simplistic with every class and sub-class feeling largely the same. The enemies all feel the same too and the only difficulty the game provides stems from enemies having an absurd amount of health making a lot of fights a real slog. New enemies appear out of nowhere, attacking you in waves. You may think you're going up against three darkspawn, but nah, have fun grinding down these six waves of teleporting cunts that'll never kill you but take ten minutes to finish off.

The absolute worst part of combat is the way the "party" works. You don't have a party, not really. Mechanically, it works like a retarded card deck builder. You see, your two companions are immortal (they have no health bars) and aren't targeted nearly as much by enemies in battles like yourself - they're mostly ignored and do little damage besides. Instead, they only serve one real purpose in battles: for you to use their abilities. They can have three equipped at a time (as can you), and these ability cards are the only stuff that does any significant damage. You're supposed to figure out combos, but there's nothing to figure out. Use ability X to give an enemy the effect Y, then use ability Z that does extra damage against enemies affected by Y. It's banal at best. Moreover, all these abilities come with a cooldown - a cooldown they fucking share, meaning once you use one all three go on cooldown (there's a few exceptions to this) - which means you'll spend most of your time simply auto-attacking and dodging enemies whilst waiting for the cooldown to end.

I could go on and on and on, but I won't (I've an actual review to make before the embargo lifts). This game is an utter mess and anyone giving it a positive review can never be taken seriously again.

1149608e471edfdde44767d9b66419ea.jpg

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
I've had the unfortunate task of reviewing this game and just finished. I know you're all making fun of this turd, but it's worse than you think. First off, regarding all the woke shit - there's a lot. Believe you me, there is a fucking lot. I mean, the central personal development of Taash is that she is a woman who wants to be a man (so the opposite of what Cael guessed above), which is probably also why they designed her to look like one. In the spoilers below is a pic from a fairly early conversation (in case there are actually self-harming people among you intending to play this and don't want to be spoiled) where Taash is talking about how she wants to dress like a man, that she hates dresses, that no one wants to be a woman and so on and Neve trying to cheer her up. To be fair, there is actually an option to not sympathize and essentially tell Taash to get her shit together in this convo, though it's inconsequential.

Anyway, point is, it's woke as fuck. Now, that's all well and good but it gets a lot worse because regardless of political and ideological agendas, if we're looking at this game from a purely mechanical perspective it still reeks. I can't give you an example of a single mechanic I enjoyed. The "crafting" is laughable, itemization is horrible, character builds and progression are meaningless and the combat is the worst offender. It's beyond simplistic with every class and sub-class feeling largely the same. The enemies all feel the same too and the only difficulty the game provides stems from enemies having an absurd amount of health making a lot of fights a real slog. New enemies appear out of nowhere, attacking you in waves. You may think you're going up against three darkspawn, but nah, have fun grinding down these six waves of teleporting cunts that'll never kill you but take ten minutes to finish off.

The absolute worst part of combat is the way the "party" works. You don't have a party, not really. Mechanically, it works like a retarded card deck builder. You see, your two companions are immortal (they have no health bars) and aren't targeted nearly as much by enemies in battles like yourself - they're mostly ignored and do little damage besides. Instead, they only serve one real purpose in battles: for you to use their abilities. They can have three equipped at a time (as can you), and these ability cards are the only stuff that does any significant damage. You're supposed to figure out combos, but there's nothing to figure out. Use ability X to give an enemy the effect Y, then use ability Z that does extra damage against enemies affected by Y. It's banal at best. Moreover, all these abilities come with a cooldown - a cooldown they fucking share, meaning once you use one all three go on cooldown (there's a few exceptions to this) - which means you'll spend most of your time simply auto-attacking and dodging enemies whilst waiting for the cooldown to end.

I could go on and on and on, but I won't (I've an actual review to make before the embargo lifts). This game is an utter mess and anyone giving it a positive review can never be taken seriously again.

Jesus christ that picture...

This is the end for Bioware, going to love reading all the cope on reeetardera.

Louis_Cypher

Arcane
The funny thing is, the elites who run the West, are quietly putting woke away. To go back to an earlier form of life-denying degeneracy, to hide the things that really matter to them, and probably to regroup for a future push of reality denial. So they can disguise the much more consequential hardball issues like the demographic replacement of Europeans. So this softball shit that is destroying companies, is already a few years behind the current agenda of the globalists. BioWare types are dying on their own funeral pyre as the mood has already changed years ago.

This last wave of games killing companies are liberal progressives relics from 2020, that have not yet realised their use to their masters is at an end.

Yeah, it's hella disturbing. It's like the whole point of these fucking things (some form of suspended disbelief, immersion or escapism) is lost.

You are not being transported to some other place and time with its own logic, but in an extension of your normal "wokeista" life with fancy dress.
It was much the same with a lot of TV. Everyone talked and acted like a Californian, say in futuristic sci-fi shows hundreds of years from now. Failing to grasp that 99% of the planet doesn't hold their values, and doesn't want to talk or act like them.

Jorus

Educated
Fucking Patrick Weekes, how does he go from Iron Bull (who was already a weak character) to Traash?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
https://www.thegamer.com/dragon-age-the-veilguard-steam-sales-looking-strong-ahead-of-release/

Dragon Age: The Veilguard Sales Are Looking Strong​

Key Takeaways​

• Dragon Age: The Veilguard is primed for a strong commercial showing later this month, as it's currently Steam's third most pre-ordered game.
  • Only two games have sold more at the moment, those being gaming juggernauts in Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 and Sonic x Shadow Generations.
  • It's exactly the same story on PS5 too, shutting down claims on social media that Dragon Age: The Veilguard is selling poorly.
Dragon Age: The Veilguard needs to be a hit for developer BioWare. After two high-profile disasters in Mass Effect: Andromeda and Anthem, the studio needs a winner to remind everyone that it's one of the best studios in the business when it comes to single player, narrative-driven RPGs. Dragon Age: The Veilguard is a great way to do that, and regardless of the game's overall quality, it looks as though BioWare has a commercial success on the way.

Dragon Age: The Veilguard Is Steam's Third Most Pre-Ordered Game​

First spotted by a Reddit user called ItsLiinoh, it seems as though Dragon Age: The Veilguard's Steam sales are already looking very strong heading up to its release later this month. If you head on over to the current Top Sellers list on Steam, and ignore all the games there that have already been released, Dragon Age: The Veilguard is the third-highest pre-ordered game, right behind Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 and Sonic x Shadow Generations.

Call of Duty and Sonic the Hedgehog are absolutely gigantic franchises, so there's absolutely no shame in trailing those titles either. It's also worth noting that while both games have been out for a few weeks, Dragon Age: The Veilguard pre-orders are higher than recent sales of both Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 and Dragon Ball: Sparking Zero, two of this year's most popular titles. Not bad going BioWare.

You also have to take into account that reviews are also yet to drop for Dragon Age: The Veilguard. You can also guarantee that many people will be waiting to see if the game is any good before they drop the big bucks on it, meaning those sales will more than likely rise the closer we get to release. Then you have release day itself, which will bring in even more, and you can start to see how promising the game's sales are already looking.

That's just Steam too, as it looks like Dragon Age: The Veilguard is having just as strong a showing on PlayStation too. Just like Steam, it's currently the third most pre-ordered game on the PS5's list of best-selling titles - again behind both Call of Duty and Sonic - and is also above Apex Legends and just behind Zenless Zone Zero, two completely free to play games.

Hopefully, Dragon Age: The Veilguard's position in these lists will start debunking some of the claims made on social media about the game's supposedly poor sales, spurred on by BioWare's deal with NVIDIA to give away free copies with a six-month subscription to the GeForce NOW Ultimate. It's in the prime position to be a winner, but we'll only know for sure on release day.
https://www.thegamer.com/dragon-age-the-veilguard-steam-sales-looking-strong-ahead-of-release/#

Comments:
kHdfbqM.png

damager

Liturgist
They are trying to control the damage by making buyers believe its a popular choice to sway them for a purchase. The next two weeks will be full of juicy woke tears!

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
I've had the unfortunate task of reviewing this game and just finished. I know you're all making fun of this turd, but it's worse than you think. First off, regarding all the woke shit - there's a lot. Believe you me, there is a fucking lot. I mean, the central personal development of Taash is that she is a woman who wants to be a man (so the opposite of what Cael guessed last page), which is probably also why they designed her to look like one. In the spoilers below is a pic from a fairly early conversation (in case there are actually self-harming people among you intending to play this and don't want to be spoiled) where Taash is talking about how she wants to dress like a man, that she hates dresses, that no one wants to be a woman and so on and Neve trying to cheer her up. To be fair, there is actually an option to not sympathize and essentially tell Taash to get her shit together in this convo, though it's inconsequential.

Thank you for your service

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
This isn't a trainwreck. This is a plane crash. And the plane happened to be a B52. Carrying 30 nuclear warheads. That all detonated. One by one.

Hedasd

Novice
Can someone explain what Taash actually is? Is it a legit tranny or only meant to look like one? I saw a clip today and it has a woman's voice, it's posture is womanly, but all other features are manly.
Official shit refers to it as "her" and Weekes hasn't sperged out on twitter over pronouns yet so I guess that thing is supposed to be a woman.

z0NNLrS.jpeg

But holy fucking shit this creature is ugly, there isn't a single ounce of femininity on that face. This had to be done on purpose, you don't make a character this ugly by chance.
I believe that they said somewhere that it is one of those Qunari who are born one gender but do things that is supposedly done by the other gender. The Qun apparently allows such things (note that the Qun is supposed to be islamic borg according to the creators/writers of DAO) and they view that thing as the gender it wants to be. Given that it is given a "she" pronoun, it can be reasonably deduced that it is a male masquerading as female.

Those things about Qun are added in the 3rd game of the series through the first trans character that is written by the same writer who wrote this non-binary part dragon, part human, part Qunari very unique character. Dont try to come up with reasonable explanations about what that guy writes, he had an identity crisis in his 50s and changed his name to Trick from Patrick after all.

Very sad to see this is how this series is going to die. Not with another mediocre game that fails to live up to Origins, but this disgusting propaganda machine that is barely a game.

Camel

Scholar
I've had the unfortunate task of reviewing this game and just finished. I know you're all making fun of this turd, but it's worse than you think.
The enemies all feel the same too and the only difficulty the game provides stems from enemies having an absurd amount of health making a lot of fights a real slog. New enemies appear out of nowhere, attacking you in waves. You may think you're going up against three darkspawn, but nah, have fun grinding down these six waves of teleporting cunts that'll never kill you but take ten minutes to finish off.

So BioWare combined the worst parts of DA2 and ME3 combat - waves of bullet-sponge enemies with a global cooldown on abilities.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BBsnuR1.png

The author:

WaMwEs3.jpeg
Isn't it the game director? He just reviewed his own game
That is what woketards do. Either themselves or each other. Why do you think there are so many "peer reviewed" globullshit warming diarrhea when the science is so fake that any primary school kid from even the 80s would have been able to tell that they are lying through their teeth?

Vyvian

Educated
Seeing all this it's actually worse than I ever dared to imagine.
I knew it would be bad and infested with DEI nonsense but this is another level.
At least "My face is tired" will make a glorious comeback so I can laugh through my veil of tears.

Aphex81

Scholar
Dare i say it, a game to surpass Andromeda memes. LET'S GO

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom