Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

kapisi

Educated
SIJ9rRX.png

Surely that isn't real? Surely the writing can't be that retarded and vacuous and "for modern audiences?"
It's real sadly. These characters sound like they just walked out of a Starbucks in California rather than being in a fantasy setting hunting a dragon.

https://files.catbox.moe/vmkcvc.mp4
This...
This dialogue feels like a lame low effort parody of tumbrcore writing.
The fact it's real is oddly disturbing.
Fantasy Los Angeles is here, you big meanie

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron

They always try to make it seem as if you're the crazy one for criticising this. It looks like panicky damage control, but could also just be their insanity showing.

Yes and I bet if we looked at Kena's social media, there would be lots of talk about about how depressed and anxious they/them is and how everyone is always stigmatising mental illness.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Surely that isn't real? Surely the writing can't be that retarded and vacuous and "for modern audiences?"
It's real sadly. These characters sound like they just walked out of a Starbucks in California rather than being in a fantasy setting hunting a dragon.

https://files.catbox.moe/vmkcvc.mp4
This...
This dialogue feels like a lame low effort parody of tumbrcore writing.
The fact it's real is oddly disturbing.

Yeah, it's hella disturbing. It's like the whole point of these fucking things (some form of suspended disbelief, immersion or escapism) is lost.

You are not being transported to some other place and time with its own logic, but in an extension of your normal "wokeista" life with fancy dress.

Can someone explain what Taash actually is? Is it a legit tranny or only meant to look like one? I saw a clip today and it has a woman's voice, it's posture is womanly, but all other features are manly.

Lodis

Educated
Can someone explain what Taash actually is? Is it a legit tranny or only meant to look like one? I saw a clip today and it has a woman's voice, it's posture is womanly, but all other features are manly.
Official shit refers to it as "her" and Weekes hasn't sperged out on twitter over pronouns yet so I guess that thing is supposed to be a woman.

z0NNLrS.jpeg

But holy fucking shit this creature is ugly, there isn't a single ounce of femininity on that face. This had to be done on purpose, you don't make a character this ugly by chance.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Official shit refers to it as "her" and Weekes hasn't sperged out on twitter over pronouns yet so I guess that thing is supposed to be a woman.

z0NNLrS.jpeg

But holy fucking shit this creature is ugly, there isn't a single ounce of femininity on that face. This had to be done on purpose, you don't make a character this ugly by chance.
I believe that they said somewhere that it is one of those Qunari who are born one gender but do things that is supposedly done by the other gender. The Qun apparently allows such things (note that the Qun is supposed to be islamic borg according to the creators/writers of DAO) and they view that thing as the gender it wants to be. Given that it is given a "she" pronoun, it can be reasonably deduced that it is a male masquerading as female.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom